Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Tooker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2017, 08:38:22 PM »
Would you like to buy five more posting gems for $1.99?
Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2017, 09:31:57 PM »
So status update for the day. I have cleared all the mastery missions except the lunatic ones because I do not care enough about great seals to raise up armorslayer/heavy lance/axe equivalent. I've already got more than 20 of each and it takes about 2 months to get enough feathers to use them.

I have been spending time level grinding. Got Azura up to level 40. Eliwood is up to level 38 because got nothing better to spend stamina on. Once I finish with Eliwood might just start leveling up the default characters. Doubt I'll ever make all three of them 5*, but it is better for my wallet than drawing to get more 5*s to level up to 40 (although I still want a Hector to complete my FE7 lord collection). >.>

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2017, 09:30:47 AM »
Reading Ranadiel's posts makes me want to drop this game now as opposed to later.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2017, 10:19:45 AM »
^Aye. And I haven't even started playing it yet. I think I'll delete it, though. At least the review was fun to read.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2017, 10:29:38 AM »
Honestly I keep it on my phone simply because I *can* play it for about 20-30 minutes a week total and not feel like I'm missing out.

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2017, 10:39:18 AM »
I'm over it, but i'll log in now and again.

Maybe I'm just salty I don't have any way to get orbs now unless I do lunatic maps and I never got a 5* :(

Penguin Boss Patrolling The Forums.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2017, 01:54:47 PM »
Honestly I keep it on my phone simply because I *can* play it for about 20-30 minutes a week total and not feel like I'm missing out.

Personally, I find that to be the antithesis of playing a game, but that's just me.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2017, 05:25:01 PM »
As an fyi, Female Robin is apparently going up tomorrow as an event battle. Although I have apparently scared off half the board from playing, so I guess it is kind of a moot point? >.>

Reading Ranadiel's posts makes me want to drop this game now as opposed to later.
Good job me? O.o

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2017, 06:56:30 PM »
Now see, I've yet to drop a single cent on this game because I know it isn't worth it, but so far I've been doing well enough just with whatever came my way. Admittedly, even having a 5 star unit doesn't mean anything since it seems that Raven just straight up sucks, while my 4 star Cordelia kicks more ass than my 5 star Camilla.

That said, I'm still not looking forward to the Lunatic Arena grind since 80 goddamn battles is a bit much (60 would've not have been so utterly ridiculous, or if they had given us a full month to spend the daily Duel Swords on).

And with that said, yeah. 50 Stamina is just too low since a bunch of Lunatic Story Mode Battles require somewhere between 16~23 stamina per go, and though the recharge rate is generous enough, the low cap means that ideally you're back at it within 3~4 hours which is a rather inconvenient amount of time.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2017, 07:25:56 PM »
Eh, I don't mind giving some money to support the game. *shrug*

Not familiar with Cordelia's kit. I vaguely recall hearing that she is one of the better lance users though. Camilla on the other hand has issues with the red heavy meta/enemy units.

I have no intention of going for the lunatic arena mission. I think I have enough dueling swords to pull it off, but no that is a ridiculous amount.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2017, 06:17:39 AM »
Eh, I don't mind giving some money to support the game. *shrug*

Not familiar with Cordelia's kit. I vaguely recall hearing that she is one of the better lance users though. Camilla on the other hand has issues with the red heavy meta/enemy units.

I have no intention of going for the lunatic arena mission. I think I have enough dueling swords to pull it off, but no that is a ridiculous amount.

Cordelia's kit is all about Alpha Striking Red Units. She sports a Brave Lance/+, a fairly large Atk score (40 at lv 40 4 star; Brave Lance+ would make it 44 before 5 star growths), and Triangle Advantage (which ups type advantage damage at the cost of type disadvantage damage). At 4 stars, the best you can do is Astra for activation skills (takes forever to charge, but adds 150% damage to the next hit), but at 5 stars you can choose between Astra and Galeforce for hit and run shenanigans (though it still takes forever to charge).

Camilla meanwhile is all about Savage Blow and not dying immediately. Even with Brave Axe+ and 5 star growth, my Camilla has 37 Atk, which isn't all that great, but she does get a +6 Spd bonus for attacking (which can lead to some unlikely doubles, even in the face of the Brave weapon penalty) and Moonbow is relatively quick to charge and can turn a series of light hits into a one-round KO. Of course, Camilla still lacks power and her HP total keeps her from tanking for any significant length of time.

That being said, new focus that I literally do not care about (4 star Fir's already on my A team (and dragging it down since she's only a 4 star), and I've got two Adult Tiki's to begin with).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2017, 06:29:17 AM »
That being said, new focus that I literally do not care about (4 star Fir's already on my A team (and dragging it down since she's only a 4 star), and I've got two Adult Tiki's to begin with).
Oh yeah the next focus is going to suck. I think all four of the units in the next focus are usable...but that is about the best that can be said for most of them. Although I think my Hawkeye might have helped make Female Robin's mission easy for me thanks to his high res and attack debuff aura. But that was a specialized case.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2017, 10:09:35 AM »
Doing a 20-orb pull now.  Here goes:

1. 3* Oboro.  I like the character, at least.  "The clothing you and your friends wear here is very stylish. Impressed!"

2. 4* Wrys.  Seems like a good healer with his Reconcile ability.  "How can a humble curate help you today?"

3. 3* Stahl.  Like this character, too.  "Why are you star-? Pfft, is my hair sticking up again?"

4. 3* Shanna.  No idea who this is.  Another Pegasus knight, but I already have a 4* Catria at lvl 20.  "Hm? Need something? You name it and I'm on it!"

5. 3* Gwendolyn.  I have her already.

Well, that was officially my worst-ever pull.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2017, 02:45:31 PM »
That's your worst?!

My worst was... terrible. Takumi was a focus character at the time and the batch of orbs contained four neutrals. I thought: "This is it! The odds will never be better!"

One 3* Wrys (my third), one 3* Matthew and two 3* Virions (my fourth and fifth, IIRC) later, I started to wonder if my phone was feeling suicidal. The blue and final orb was a 4* Oboro and I love her, so it was not a total loss, but still...

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2017, 03:55:02 PM »
Anyone cleared the Hard Female Robin map? I'm getting slaughtered with my low-res main team. :P Cleared Normal though...