Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #765 on: September 20, 2017, 08:42:34 AM »
I completed it too. Klein, Hone Attack Olivia and Hone Speed Olivia all worked together to take down the majority of the units. Lancina supported with Reposition and occassionaly her build-in spur skill.

I took out the rider units first, but both Klein and one of the Olivias had to take a hit. After that I made a tactical retreat to the south-west corner while sniping the leftovers Ninian sent my way.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 20, 2017, 08:47:46 AM »
Adorable that IS thinks they're Thracians and stick horseslayers everywhere, but that's not going to stop broken horsebuffs steamrolling everything.

I used Lancina myself- move her up the first turn and she'll kill like half the map on enemy phase. I haven't SI'd her at all so I imagine another fast lance or maybe one with Quick Riposte will do the same.

Alright, time for a third go at not getting Ninian.

1 blue, that's a good start.

5* Linde: Wrong 5* blue cute girl drawn by Kippu, but its hard to complain about getting one of the best blue mages in the game. -HP +RES. I know she's best with the Bladetome but I kinda hate wasting Prf weapons so I'll probably stack Breath of Life on her.

No blues. Okay...

5* Eliwood: Not looking for this kind of luck plz. Also I already have you- one that's not -ATK. Oh well, guess I get a merge since Eliwood has no interesting 5* skills.

1 Blue.

4* Robin M: Guess more bonfires is nice.

No blues. Come on.

4* Corrin M: Bad IVs and no skills to inherit. You're doing a bad job at trying to make me like you Corrin.

No blues...

3* Olivia: Hone attack 2 is something, I guess. Could be worse.

No blues. What the hell, game?

3* Raigh: Well, here's the "could be worse" draw.

2 Blues, alright let's get some SI fod-

5* Ninian: Wow. Guess the game wanted to piss me off before rewarding me. Neutral stats so could be better, but could oh so much worse, so I'm glad. Also broke the curse of the desire sensor.

3 5*s in 7 pulls so I think I just used up all my luck for the rest of the year. Clearly I should do like most people that do after thry get what they want and immediately quit the game.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 20, 2017, 11:05:18 PM »
For Arena Assault, this week I dropped below rank 5000 for the first time despite getting my perfect clear (~5200). I guess people really whaled into CYL and have massive merged BIkes or something. In light of that plus having a bunch of feathers lying around (I have stuff I'd want to promote, but I have to actually draw them first), I decided to 5* one of my extra Effies to +1 her. I don't know if that'll affect much though. Might have to merge even more Effies to see a real effect. Not too bad since Effie's a decent unit to invest in, but I wish I wouldn't have to invest specifically into an Armor to get better Arena scores.

Arena Assault is just so amazingly awful right now, I can send in a Level 31 3 star Cherche, sans SI, and all by herself and get saddled with a match up with a Level 33 5 star Brave Roy on Beginner tier. I had to burn two items and plant myself on a defense tile just to not immediately lose the day's reward bearing AA run.

And really, since I'm not whaling or have a solid enough Armor team to elevate myself into the realm of 'Yes Items, Armor Only, Final Destination', honest runs using the best of my best results in me facing down teams of nothing but Brave Ikes, Reinhardts, Xanders, Brave Lyns, Ninos, Julias, Hectors, Eirikas, and so on with a Dancer on standby just for good measure. I'd really appreciate it if the mode would either lift the once per individual unit restriction or find a way to restrict enemy match-ups that pit you against the same Whale-tier assholes that proliferate the mode.

Anyways, I'm now completely done with the BHeB (got Lunatic on my first try, Hard needed some work because I kept sending in underleveled units for the sake of Exp/SP). Used the orbs to pull for a Crymea 1.4x T_T unit. Good news, I didn't pull some random 5 star. Bad news, I didn't pull a Banner 5 star. At least I got a 4 star Lachesis which doubles my collection of Jugdral units and nets me the currently last unique Staffbot of the Footsie variety (still need an Elise to complete the set), a 4 star Lilina (to immediately get fed to someone as I already have a 5er), two 4 star Arthurs (who wants Swap and Lancebreaker 2?) and a fricken 3 star Sophia (aka trash).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 21, 2017, 05:12:48 AM »
I usually send Reinhardt in alone for my first run of Arena Assault every day. If I roll a Green on Beginner, I just take the loss. I might start using items though since them encouraging us to do at least one run every day has led to me having a massive stockpile of them

And yeah, for me a perfect run with my score-setting team (Zephiel, Effie +1, Reinhardt +2, BIke) could take like a straight hour or some shit of just playing Arena Assault. I guess I could just take a pittance of Sacred Coins but you just know it'll be used for something super important like leveling up Sacred Seals or something.

Also if my normal Arena score is any indication, +1-ing Effie probably won't do shit for my Arena Assault ranking. I have enough extra Effies and feathers to feed her up to like, +4, but aside from me not being able to get her an optimum set anytime soon (she pretty much needs Distant Counter) that's still no guarantee she'll be good enough to push my team up the threshold and there's always the chance she'll get Zephiel'd by some new unit down the line. Though to be fair, that last point doesn't seem too big a concern since I don't recall any ridiculously broken Lance Armor Knights with legendary weapons in the franchise history.

Incidentally the amount of investment needed to merge a perfect 5* makes me believe that it's very unlikely they'll ever introduce 6* units or something to the game. It would probably piss off everyone, including whales, if you had to upgrade that 5*+10 you spent thousands of dollars pulling for.

Also Sophia's actually decent-ish skill fodder IMO. You can use her to give Fortify Res 2 before feeding a Jagen to a horse so you can also get Fury 2 while you're at it, and Dragon Fang's a really good slow-charge special (Or you can prep a unit for getting Draconic Aura).

Also also FE Warriors maps are out, and appropriately enough they're maps with massive amounts of mooks being thrown at you so staffbots can be useful. This is just me but I've never enjoyed Musou games that much so reminding me why that is can be a nice laugh, but probably not a very good marketing tactic.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 21, 2017, 06:56:19 AM »
If FEH is looking for Prf sporting Lance Knights, there's always Emperor Hardin (hell BK was basically swiping his shtick with his early game "You're not ready for this." appearance).

Alternatively they could always slap a random GBA/GCN era S-rank Lance like Maltet, Rex Hasta, Vidofnir or Wishblade onto a random knight/general like Bors, Barthe, Douglas, Murdock, Oswin, Wallace, Gilliam, Gatrie or Tauroneo (although, given the game's track record thus far, only Douglas, Murdock, Wallace or Tauroneo have even a chance since the rest will be stuck with Silvers/Slayers/Braves at best, and that's only if they don't get turned into Sword or Axe users first).

Unfortunately, one of the best PC Lance Armors available was Sheena who they stuck a Killer Axe on instead (as Sheena was the only way to use Gradivus during the final chapters due to them being entirely indoors).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 21, 2017, 07:38:55 AM »
I've been trying to get Ninian, but I keep getting the same characters over and over. Just from this banner alone I've gotten three blue Corrins and two Subakis. That's just... not how odds are supposed to work. What makes it even worse is that the other characters were Est and Nowi. So that's four dragons and three flyers. How about a mage instead? Or, I dunno, the unit I actually want.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 21, 2017, 08:44:47 AM »
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 21, 2017, 10:46:38 AM »
You can't get pineapples from blue orbs, sadly.

Not that I wouldn't go through colourless hell and back for him if he were actually in focus, but... IS bleeped up and didn't create a Warriors banner starring Hinoka, Takumi and green filler best avoided.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 21, 2017, 11:06:12 AM »
Strange that they didn't make a banner for Naruto and his sister, but it's not like we needed more sword lords clogging up red pulls.

Also apparently the FE: Warriors maps do not half XP or SP after you've cleared them once, so...I guess if you have a lot of SP to grind this is a nice chance (of course Tempest is coming soon and then we'll all be dumping stamina into that).

Alternatively they could always slap a random GBA/GCN era S-rank Lance like Maltet, Rex Hasta, Vidofnir or Wishblade onto a random knight/general like Bors, Barthe, Douglas, Murdock, Oswin, Wallace, Gilliam, Gatrie or Tauroneo (although, given the game's track record thus far, only Douglas, Murdock, Wallace or Tauroneo have even a chance since the rest will be stuck with Silvers/Slayers/Braves at best, and that's only if they don't get turned into Sword or Axe users first).

I think it'll be years before we see C-level fan popularity characters like Bors or Wallace make it in (but then again they seem to try to include at least one of them per banner so they won't have to make banners of only unpopular characters down the line). Rex Hasta would probably be held by Darin (who is more like an F-list character) given Lloyd, and we all know the real wielder of Maltet is Miledy after she gets done soloing the second half of the game.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 23, 2017, 07:07:12 PM »
Strange that they didn't make a banner for Naruto and his sister, but it's not like we needed more sword lords clogging up red pulls.

Also apparently the FE: Warriors maps do not half XP or SP after you've cleared them once, so...I guess if you have a lot of SP to grind this is a nice chance (of course Tempest is coming soon and then we'll all be dumping stamina into that).

I think it'll be years before we see C-level fan popularity characters like Bors or Wallace make it in (but then again they seem to try to include at least one of them per banner so they won't have to make banners of only unpopular characters down the line). Rex Hasta would probably be held by Darin (who is more like an F-list character) given Lloyd, and we all know the real wielder of Maltet is Miledy after she gets done soloing the second half of the game.

To be fair, we've had like 24 actual/non-seasonal/non-limited time additions to the roster since the start of June, so getting actually new characters is still a rare thing. Maybe in October we'll see the pallet-swapped Askr duo (perhaps after the requisite Halloween Seasonal Banner).

As for potential GBA era Prfs, odds are that we won't be seeing them for a long time anyways (and even if we did, chances are that someone like Perceval will end up with Maltet due to being another member of team Etrurian Scum; and by far the best of the three in FE6).

And on to more on-topic matters, my thoughts on this T_T can be summed up as the 1 step back after the previous 2 steps forward.

I currently only have 2 bonus units, both of whom were hard to get and only gotten fairly recently, both are only rocking the 20% bonus (and to be frank, Titania sucks, even with bonus unit buffs, and Mist is one of the lamer Staffbots), and BK is Red which is just lovely news for the two Green uncommon rarity bonus units (at least BK is also Red which makes this suck slightly less). Meanwhile Mercs' Fort sucks for auto-battle and Astrid's Boat kinda just sucks in general (its extremely easy to get a bad set and wipe due to the way the stage is structured and if your tank has the wrong color).

So yeah, I'm not competing for anything about the 99,999 mark this time unless I get stupidly close to a Feather tier threshold or pull a 40%er soon.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 23, 2017, 09:14:20 PM »
Even with a glacial pace of adding new characters it would probably be wise of them to pace themselves so they always have one popular character to bait whales with. This game's been crazy successful so I imagine they're planning for the long haul. Also its the only way I can hope characters like Treck can make it in. Though out of less popular characters, I'd love too see how all the kawaii uguu artists of this game would render Gonzales.

Really I kinda miss the series' more unconventional character designs in general, like Vaida or Archanea's healthy senior citizen representation. In the newer games even geezers like Fuga are beefcakes.

As for TT, I'm spamming Lunatic 5 after the two daily boosted L7 runs like the last few times. Couple of the maps this time kinda suck with the danger area overlapping, but level 35 enemies aren't too bad. I think Titania's actually a pretty good unit with her unusually high RES and native Emerald Axe, but her base kit is kinda crappy and I don't have a lot to SI onto her. I gave Soren a Gronnblade so he's deleting everything like bladetomes tend to do (kinda dumb bladetomes have equal Mt to Rexcalibur with the added effect). Also I guess people really wanted Burger King and dumped a ton of stamina potions since my ranking's pretty low. Let's see how many of them burn out before the finish line, I guess.

I also said "screw it" and dumped 80k feathers to get Effie to +5. The good news is that my maxed Arena Assault score seems to be comfortably in the 1000-5000 range again. The bad news, as one might guess, is that I'm running into pure cancer as my opponents. Facing down +10 horsespam, bladetomes and teleporting dancers is not fun. I really don't get how this game calculates this shit. Why am I facing +10 merged teams with one +5 and one +2?

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 24, 2017, 03:01:27 AM »
and to be frank, Titania sucks, even with bonus unit buffs

My +res Titania is doing pretty well and I promoted her to 5* as a thank you. Now her res is 43 if you include the T_T and the token Horse buff.  I've seen a Reinhardt do 2x 0 damage. And she has Glacies and helped kill a BK with it. When her T_T job is done, she'll be able to compete in the arena whenever she's a bonus unit.

What actually sucks is this T_T. Lousy maps, very slow compared to the mini version, unfair bonus units distribution...

I really don't get how this game calculates this shit. Why am I facing +10 merged teams with one +5 and one +2?

I'm guessing there's a large gap between the whales and regular players who might gave a +1 or two. Stray a little too far from casual shore and you end up swimming right into whale waters.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 24, 2017, 04:56:18 AM »
jesus christ the sacred seal quests include using henry to kill level 35 enemies which i think is the worst quest added to any game ever

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #778 on: September 24, 2017, 06:22:10 AM »
That one was easy. I took a 4* L40 Henry and Virion on a trip to Part 5: Warriors Hard mode and completed their quests in one trip. I set Effie up as a wall (since she could use a bit of extra SP anyway), had Lucius as back-up and let Virion and Henry kill off the weaker/weakened enemies. Henry even killed some blue mages. Took like three minutes and 10 stamina.

Anyway, Ninian time!

4* Corrin - Again?! I'm not even sure what to do with all these Corrins...
3* Sully - Atleast it's not Corrin.
4* Catria - Eh, someone might want Luna?
4* Jagen - Seriously running out of Horse Emblem units that need a buff. Some even have both the +6 skills so I can stick them in different horse emblem teams without worrying about buff balance too much.
3* Donnel - Haven't seen him in a while
4* Reinhardt - Holy shit, he's not -atk like all the other Reinhardts I got before him! Okay, he's not +atk either, but atleast +def and -spd is a lot better than what I have now.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #779 on: September 24, 2017, 08:53:34 AM »
jesus christ the sacred seal quests include using henry to kill level 35 enemies which i think is the worst quest added to any game ever

March's two Armor quests were worse. Henry can still lay waste to Saizos and/or Virions, especially once he gets Raudrraven, Ignis and Defiant Defense up and running.

and to be frank, Titania sucks, even with bonus unit buffs

My +res Titania is doing pretty well and I promoted her to 5* as a thank you. Now her res is 43 if you include the T_T and the token Horse buff.  I've seen a Reinhardt do 2x 0 damage. And she has Glacies and helped kill a BK with it. When her T_T job is done, she'll be able to compete in the arena whenever she's a bonus unit.

What actually sucks is this T_T. Lousy maps, very slow compared to the mini version, unfair bonus units distribution...

I might be more inclined to agree with you about Titania's effectiveness if I weren't stuck with a 4 star -Atk Titania.

I really don't get how this game calculates this shit. Why am I facing +10 merged teams with one +5 and one +2?

I'm guessing there's a large gap between the whales and regular players who might gave a +1 or two. Stray a little too far from casual shore and you end up swimming right into whale waters.

Nope. I can confirm that Assrena Assault really likes to throw unfair matches at you, even at Beginner Difficulty, just for shits and giggles. My latest adventure was my level 32 3 star Cherche going up against a 5 star Bridelia (sure she's level 25, but that's still enough to get her out of one-shot range from my Cherche with no way for me to either pin her down or survive a single hit, let alone the guaranteed two hits she'd get off on her; I had to burn a Fortifying Horn just to close the deal, and even that wouldn't have helped if Bridelia had been standing on a Defensive Tile).

Banner Edit: Scrounged up enough Orbs to try again, and well, the bad news is that I still don't have a 40% unit yet, nor will I have one for the foreseeable future. The good news is that I did manage to come up with a replacement Titania, and the better yet news is that I actually landed a new unit from that mess, and his name is Reinhardt (4 star which I'm ambivalent towards, especially since he's +HP/-Spd, and I already have a 5 star Blarblade Ursula).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 04:40:06 PM by Aeolus »