Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Tomara

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #780 on: September 25, 2017, 05:10:31 AM »
Banner Edit: Scrounged up enough Orbs to try again, and well, the bad news is that I still don't have a 40% unit yet, nor will I have one for the foreseeable future. The good news is that I did manage to come up with a replacement Titania, and the better yet news is that I actually landed a new unit from that mess, and his name is Reinhardt (4 star which I'm ambivalent towards, especially since he's +HP/-Spd, and I already have a 5 star Blarblade Ursula).

Reinhardt is good to have no matter his stats. He's not really competing with Ursula because his tome lets him function outside of a horse emblem team. Function very well. Too well. Now you too can ruin the meta! :D

My FEH news: Titania is now in a relationship with Eliwood. It makes a lot of sense from a strategic perspective, but I also hope this will lure out a Ninian. Like, hey, Ninian, have you seen Roy's new mom? Look at that red hair. It's pretty obvious now who is the canon wife, isn't it?

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: September 25, 2017, 06:03:11 AM »
Banner Edit: Scrounged up enough Orbs to try again, and well, the bad news is that I still don't have a 40% unit yet, nor will I have one for the foreseeable future. The good news is that I did manage to come up with a replacement Titania, and the better yet news is that I actually landed a new unit from that mess, and his name is Reinhardt (4 star which I'm ambivalent towards, especially since he's +HP/-Spd, and I already have a 5 star Blarblade Ursula).

Reinhardt is good to have no matter his stats. He's not really competing with Ursula because his tome lets him function outside of a horse emblem team. Function very well. Too well. Now you too can ruin the meta! :D

My FEH news: Titania is now in a relationship with Eliwood. It makes a lot of sense from a strategic perspective, but I also hope this will lure out a Ninian. Like, hey, Ninian, have you seen Roy's new mom? Look at that red hair. It's pretty obvious now who is the canon wife, isn't it?

Yeah, but that's still a 20k Feather investment I don't need to make right the fuck now. Although, given that he's not -Atk, I could spend the down anyways and wait for a superior 5 star to merge with. Its worked for Cordelia after all.

Plus, he's not ruining the meta, he IS the meta.

Also, once I get the units in question:

My next S rank project ladies and germs.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #782 on: September 25, 2017, 06:18:42 AM »
You are a horrible person. Fielding those two sword users together makes little strategic sense and is a waste. You pair the Black Knight with green Ike, duh.

Plus, he's not ruining the meta, he IS the meta.

Nope, the current meta is Lyn on a pony.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: September 25, 2017, 12:25:56 PM »
You are a horrible person. Fielding those two sword users together makes little strategic sense and is a waste. You pair the Black Knight with green Ike, duh.

You're right. And sadly that means I can't S rank Eirika together with Seth. I guess I'm going to have to settle for S-ranking her with Valter instead.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #784 on: September 25, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »

You're right. And sadly that means I can't S rank Eirika together with Seth. I guess I'm going to have to settle for S-ranking her with Valter instead.

Ephraim would work as well. All you need is two units who aren't too similar to make most of a support.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #785 on: September 26, 2017, 03:21:04 AM »
My last chance to get a Ninian (until she pops up in another banner next week or so) and all pieces are in place.

I've grabbed all the orbs I could reasonably get today.
Pity rate is sitting at 3,5%.
Titania is dating Eliwood to make Ninian jealous and lure her out.
It's my birthday.

Round 1: No blues. I'll grab the colourless to limit the chance of a shitty pity rate break. And... it's a perfectly average 4* Setsuna.

Round 2: Again no blues. Might as well YOLO and go for one of the many green ones. Maybe I'll get a Soren. Nope. It's a 3* Gunter.

Round 3: And now I get three blues?! I only have eight orbs left! ... 4* Robin (And just that moment, my sister texted me: "Congratulations!")

Well, birthday ruined. Thanks Intelligent Systems.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #786 on: September 26, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »
Why do I keep pulling the wrong goddamn 5 star units (I wouldn't be upset if one of my off Banner pulls were an Ike)? This time my 3.75% pity rate got Thraja bombed (with +Atk and -Spd for good measure, almost a good unit; why are all of my good mages -Spd?). The other Red and Blue orbs contained an Eliwood and a Pari of Peri. I didn't bother pulling the Grey Orb due to not wanting to incur the wrath of 3 star Azama.

So now I have 3 Orbs, 2 days left to generate 17 more Orbs, and my T_T gain rate is way too slow to hope for many more Orbs there. Especially since I'm only at 25k right now (in the previous T_T (not the t_t), I'd be at or above 32k right now).

Fuck this Bonus Unit Bullshit.

Also the next banner is looking to have yet more seasonal crap. At least its seasonal Azura and Shigure...?

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: September 27, 2017, 06:09:02 AM »
Well, you could always ask for an early birthday present the next time we see Ninian/Takumi on a banner...does it count as whaling if it's not your money?

Shigure would be interesting because strictly speaking I don't think they've added any child characters yet (well, Seliph and Julia probably count). The silhouette makes it look like they're adding Azura with another spear again, which seems kinda redundant, but then again they added Summer Leo where the only real difference was that he was on foot (ie worse).

Still holding out hope on that rumor that we're get an FE4 banner in October. Not like it would be the first time new units and seasonal units were running simultaneously. It would be a nice way to wash the flavor of Awakening and Fates from them being on every seasonal banner and like three quarters of the Warriors cast.

Also I got 5* Burger King so I guess I can replace Zephiel with him on my Arena team as soon as I get the ridiculous amounts of SP needed for him to learn all his skills.

EDIT: On today's episode of "Every banner is a bait banner", the seasonal banner contains nothing but Dancers (with some other really good skills to boot, and not one, but two Green Dancers). In one instant we have more than double the dancers we had before. With 7 Dancers total Arena Assault would be a lot less torturous, except with this being a seasonal banner only whales are going to have all of them.

Since this banner will run till the end of October, I'll be penny pinching my Orbs to see if we get any new heroes in the middle of the month. If it's nothing interesting guess I'll go all in and try to get myself some Dancers.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:23:39 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #788 on: September 28, 2017, 06:57:15 AM »
Yeah, this kinda really fucking blows since I'm tapped on Orbs, I've had no luck in regards to banners lately, and of course the next seasonal banner is both a month long and filled with Dancers/Singers, including an Axe Singer, a G. Mage Dancer, a Flying Emblem Singer and a Dagger Dancer (all they're missing are Archer and Horse/Armor Dancers; Staff Dancers/Singers are at least never going to happen due to overlapping skill slots).

So much for a 40% T_T unit, and fuck Assrena Assault up the Ass when every fight turns into a CYL Lyn/Reinhardt + Dancer Harem-fest.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: September 28, 2017, 07:29:12 AM »
I think all of them are infantry actually, but flying Bards are probably inevitable for whenever they get around to adding a Heron. I don't think they'll make Arena Assault any worse than it already is, since whales probably already have at least one dancer fully merged up (pretty easy to do with Olivia), and having two dancers on a defense team isn't all that optimal. Azura also already fills the role of a dancer that fights well, though the tome dancers will probably be a lot more annoying for anyone who doesn't have a bunch of Distant Counter fodder just sitting around waiting to be used.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: September 28, 2017, 07:39:01 AM »
After having seen the new special banner units, I regret trying to get a Ninian. That new Azura is insane! (Hey, Linde, how do you feel about getting a girlfriend?) A Tome dancer would be good to have as well. And since two units are green, and there are still a bunch of green units I really want, this could work our really well for me.

Actually, my luck with these special banners has been pretty good. I mean, look at the last one: I got both an Ike and a Lucina. Good ones too. It's all the other banners I fail at.

Well, you could always ask for an early birthday present the next time we see Ninian/Takumi on a banner...does it count as whaling if it's not your money?

That's really sweet, but I'd feel bad for accepting a present like that :)

I think all of them are infantry actually, but flying Bards are probably inevitable for whenever they get around to adding a Heron. I don't think they'll make Arena Assault any worse than it already is, since whales probably already have at least one dancer fully merged up (pretty easy to do with Olivia), and having two dancers on a defense team isn't all that optimal. Azura also already fills the role of a dancer that fights well, though the tome dancers will probably be a lot more annoying for anyone who doesn't have a bunch of Distant Counter fodder just sitting around waiting to be used.

Yeah, you only need one dancer to make Reinhardt and Lyn gallop circles around an attacking team. The main draw of this banner is getting a larger variety, making it easier to design a balanced team.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: September 29, 2017, 06:57:26 PM »
Well my efforts at pulling from the Dancetober banner have ended with the same crap that littered my pre-reversed rates pulls. The good news is that Oscar at least is now an Uncommon (the bad news is that I still couldn't get him or either of the others, so my T_T score continues to suffer).

On the other hand, its nice to not have to spend much of any time on Clarisse's ReGHeB since I cleared her Infernal the first time around. Took a bunch of stamina though because this was about where stat inflation was hitting its peak and I wasn't bothering replicating my previous strategy/units this time around (namely because I have better units this time around, especially Cecilia whom I've S ranked with both my Summoner and Camus, who I also brought along this time around). Also, because I had to saddle myself with Clarisse (at least for the ReGHeB participation Orb, the other Orb just meant taking her to Paralogue 7-3; at least Sharena is maxed out this time which made getting her Orb/SI&|Merge Fodder much easier). Also also, because seriously, even the wrong placement costs 15 Stamina straight up.

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: September 29, 2017, 07:15:39 PM »
200 Orbs gone and no new dancers/singers. :( I got Takumi and Elise as random 5-stars. @Tomara If I could give him to you I would...

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: September 29, 2017, 11:01:28 PM »
I did a 5-pull on the Dancer banner, but didn't get much. 4* Camilla, Leon, Rebecca, and Lissa and a 3* Florina. Dunno what I'll do with all these Leons. Ignis is good on like, maybe 2 characters? Most other characters would prefer Bonfire's faster charge since Ignis is often overkill. Wish they'd make the other Slaying weapons available at 4* since the Bow's the least useful out of all of them. Well, Rebecca's new at least- nice to get the sacred FE7 waifu, but I'm not a fan of the way the artist drew her. The VA's sounds kinda off too, like she's trying to do some country girl accent but gave up halfway through coming up with it.

I'll be saving my Orbs for now, but if nothing else comes out this month I'm probably most interested in Inigo out of the new dancers. Aside from being best husbando, if you ran a Raven tome on him he could probably check both of the Horsecancer units while also being a dancer.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: September 30, 2017, 03:00:40 AM »
200 Orbs gone and no new dancers/singers. :( I got Takumi and Elise as random 5-stars. @Tomara If I could give him to you I would...

Aw, thanks :)

Maybe I'll catch one of my own.

4* Merric - My very first Merric! Useless aside from slightly increasing my catalogue completion percentage, which means Merric is all I will be getting from green for a while.
4* Roderick - Another? But I'm still not sure which character should recieve that lance...
4* Efie - Stat check... And it's one of the worst. -def, +res.
3* Shanna - I already had plenty in stock, so I'll guess I'll just feed this one to the first character that might want it. +spd Athena, you're getting a new skill!
4* Mae - Not sure what to do with this one. +spd, - def is like perfectly min-maxed, but I have a fully build-up 5* +spd, - res one. I guess I could just save her for a time I have nothing better to do with the my feathers and create the perfect Mae...
4* Oboro - I'm building a 4* L40+10 Oboro, so this is fine.
4* Lucius - Eh... I guess I could give one of my characters Miracle for shits, giggles and 'suprise, I'm not dead yet!' defence team strategies.
4* Merric - ... Shit. No, wait. Merde.