Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #795 on: September 30, 2017, 10:37:09 PM »
I dumped close to 200 orbs trying to get Azura and ended up with Inigo. I suppose I can't complain, but man I want Azura. Her stats are ridiculous for a dancer/singer.
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Andrew

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: October 01, 2017, 07:09:07 AM »
Woo, finally got one: Olivia! I'm satisfied. :P

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #797 on: October 02, 2017, 07:21:14 AM »
Alphonse being one of the bonus units this week encourages me to get a Dancer sooner rather than later. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Nothing to do with poor impulse control!

Guess I'll snipe for Greens since I want Inigo. Of course my first board gives me no greens whatsoever. Got a 3* Shanna and noped groans of increasing discomfort out of there.

2 Greens and 3 Colorless.
5* Soren: You're not even remotely immodestly dressed. Well, that sure used up the pity rate fast. Somehow I got super lucky and he's -HP +SPD though. Guess I'm obligated to build him for real now. Maybe I should just give him Guard so QP Moonbow won't immediately delete him.
5* Azura: Someone screwed up and mixed up my roll with Smash's. Seems like everyone I know who wants Azura gets Inigo and vice versa. Not like I'll bellyache about getting one of the prize units of the banner, though.
4* Azama: Not +DEF so my search for the ultimate troll healer continues.
3* Felicia: We've got trouble.
3* Gordin: Vantage 1 is totally worth it.

The rumor is that we're getting a Genealogy banner with Sigurd later this month. Given my luck these last few weeks I'm guessing I'm getting prepped for getting tons of Firs when that hits.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #798 on: October 02, 2017, 08:20:10 AM »
Colourless hell aside, that's one dream pull.

I got a bunch of colourless crap yesterday that's not even worth mentioning.

The rumor is that we're getting a Genealogy banner with Sigurd later this month. Given my luck these last few weeks I'm guessing I'm getting prepped for getting tons of Firs when that hits.

I'm sticking to the performer banner. I really need more dancers and new regular banners are usually hit and miss. Plus, the best new(ish) characters are eventually put on Hero Fest banners, so I might as well wait for that.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 02, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »
For the record, I don't believe in a higher power, but something told me to pull yesterday despite not having the orbs to do it. My body was tense for about 15 minutes as I fought the urge not to buy more orbs. Eventually, I caved and bought more, and ended up with a 5* Marth, and Performing Arts Azura.

I thought I might get trolled since I got the 5* Marth right away (and I had a high pity rate from before), but my last stone was Azura.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 02, 2017, 05:10:27 PM »
*runs into the thread* Did I hear Sigurd? FE4 Banner? Time to dust off the old luck!

More seriously, I have slowly been getting back into the game. I haven't done any training for new units recently, but I did do some draws on the alt-weapon banner...had weird luck on that. Took forever to get an Axe Ike, but I got Roy on the first (and only?) red orb I used...which I classify as bad luck since he reset my pity rate.

Been doing the Tempest Trial, and just got 5* Burger King earlier today. I was planning on drawing for Axe-Azura, but if a FE4 banner is coming, I need those orbs to grab every FE4 hero!...okay maybe not Arden, but most anyone else. XP

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 03, 2017, 03:43:44 AM »
Damnit, Takumi. I said I'd go through colourless hell for you, but you're competing against a unit I have absolutely no interest in, not to mention a whole different banner filled with awesome but exclusive characters.

... But I'll see what I can do in just one round.

Okay, two colourless. The first one is...
3* Felicia - Of course...
4* Sakura - Wrong Hoshido sibling...

Well, that was a disappointment, as usual.

Edit: time to grab the Arena orbs. That brings the total to 22.Time to summon.

Three red?! Not fair...

The green orb is... a 4* Gunter. Again?! Well, I guess I could train one to be part of a horse emblem team...
The colourless orb is... Serra. Yuck.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 03:57:19 AM by Tomara »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 03, 2017, 05:53:34 AM »
Oh boy, a colorless hell banner (unless your waifu is Shanna). It's still beaten out by the ones from the healer gauntlet a while back though.

I got 1 Colorless and 4 Greens on my free pull. Thanks desire sensor.

5* Jaffar: I'm being set up for a dry spell down the line, I just know it. Although he's -SPD so he's even worse than usual. Dunno if I should sacrifice him for Life and Death 3 or keep him around to satisfy the obsessive collector in me.

Also Arena Assault is broken right now despite the new quest for an orb. I think it's pretty funny that the first reaction a lot of the community had to that was "this is good because we might get compensation orbs".

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 03, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »
Well, I can't blame them. Compensation orbs are the best orbs.

I sacrificed two stamina potions (only have 189 left. oh no.) to get more orbs so I could do another pull.

3* Nino - Draw back is nice.
4* Sheena - Oh, nice! I was waiting for her (or Gwendolyn) to show up. The Black Knight needs skills.
4* Frederick - Decent skill fodder.

Edit: Oh, new Sheena is -spd, +def. I wonder if I should let her replace my current one (-spd, + atk). She can't really hurt anything without Bonfire/Ignis anyway, so I might as well have the extra def, I think?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 07:38:04 AM by Tomara »

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 03, 2017, 01:19:01 PM »
Yeah, might as well run the new one for + Def so she can be a true tank.

Everyone else done the Virion/Henry quests? Have to say that raising Henry has been the biggest pain. Good thing we can refresh the Training Tower now, or this would have been way more painful.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 03, 2017, 07:39:31 PM »
Yeah, might as well run the new one for + Def so she can be a true tank.

Everyone else done the Virion/Henry quests? Have to say that raising Henry has been the biggest pain. Good thing we can refresh the Training Tower now, or this would have been way more painful.

Henry took a little time but I knocked it out half a week ago by having him start my Alcoholic Anonymous runs alongside Sully, Beruka and a 3 star Lon'qu (of course what this really means is that I was constantly spamming items or losing and restarting because Beginner AA matches typically pitted such a team against 5 star CYL, Horse Emblem or Mage Emblem teams (+/- Dancer) with maybe -5 levels compared to my units (even -10 levels doesn't really cover the quality gap, especially since only Beruka has inherited anything)) along with the occasional Training Tower quest grind (he sniped a L35 kill off the Seventh Tier 2 or 3 times before AA took him the rest of the way). Everybody else got done within the first day or two (I had more trouble raising Oboro and Selena last time, but then, I had a better head start with a Level 40 4 star Virion and Level 28 4 star Henry compared to 3 star Level 1 Oboro and 3 star Level 20 Selena).

At least it was nice not having any quests to do for half a day.

Meanwhile, I'm still not yet at or above 75k in T_T and after 3 pulls I got nobody of value from the Dancer Banner, not even a random 4 star Oscar with bad traits to save the day (I have gotten my second and third Effies in rapid succession which is ridiculous, especially in regards to the fact that I had terrible luck in regards to Armors until my 5 star Sheena appeared). My freebie from Colorless Hell was a 4 star Niles garbage which is completely unsurprising.

If there's an upside, its that this is probably my dry spell hell for now (although FE4 units are likely going into the general pool anyways; and given my luck with FE2/Gaiden/Echoes/SoV, I'd rather have that be my dry spell (especially as I have a Seliph to not get completely shat upon by the next T_T; he says having once thought that Mist would've been enough to dodge such a dire fate for this one); and seriously, I got stupidly lucky in regards to Valentia with an extremely timely (although with a terrible trait) Delthea and pulling a number of the Uncommons at 5 stars (although, usually at the expense of my luck at the current banner)).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 05, 2017, 05:39:06 AM »
Oh joy, another blue shell simulator coming soon. I wonder who will win, all the characters from games people never played, or self insert waifu who placed within top 10 of CYL females? Well they changed something about the way bonuses are set off so we'll see if they made it better or worse.

I'll back Ninian of course.

At least it means we get two free pulls! Got a 4* Catria and 4* Olivia.

Really hope they release an October schedule or something once this Tempest ends. I have to know if the Jugdral rumor is true!

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 05, 2017, 05:55:05 AM »
I'm going to support Fae because she's my adorable little Reinhardt counter. She deserves to win just for that, but yeah, depending on the match-ups she might not even make it to the second round.

My free pulls were a 4* Donnel and a 4* Lilina with terrible stats.

Edit: Oh, and I just got 20 orbs, so time to aim for some performing arts units!

Three relevant orbs. Let's see...

3* Felicia - Meh.
4* Oboro - Another step closer to a 4* L40+10 Oboro.

KIGFfo;o;fdbgiwhat?

5* Ninian - I've been trying to get you for so, so many banners and now you summon bomb this one? I know you're a dancer, but you're not part of this banner. ... ... I'm honestly not sure how to feel about this, but welcome aboard, Ninian! Your timing is weird but actually not all that terrible!

... I'm still going to support lil' Fae, though. Atleast until she loses.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:34:15 AM by Tomara »

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 05, 2017, 12:56:12 PM »
I suppose I will follow my pattern of joining the obvious loser's army and grab all the free feathers. Which I suppose in the first round will be Sophia XD

And congrats Tomara!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 05, 2017, 08:46:46 PM »
Oh joy, another blue shell simulator coming soon. I wonder who will win, all the characters from games people never played, or self insert waifu who placed within top 10 of CYL females? Well they changed something about the way bonuses are set off so we'll see if they made it better or worse.

I'll back Ninian of course.

At least it means we get two free pulls! Got a 4* Catria and 4* Olivia.

Really hope they release an October schedule or something once this Tempest ends. I have to know if the Jugdral rumor is true!

For my freebie pulls I got Sophia and Palla (the Sophia is of course a 4 star one pulled from the wrong banner, the 3 star Palla was my freebie prize from that one).

That being said, I too hope for changes that'll make this VG less of a shitshow than all of the ones since the Little Sister and nearly tanking on the first round to an ill-timed Sakura Turtleshelling. It's too bad they're doing this now instead of before the one that might have been actually interesting (though chances are that they really aren't going to be able to fix this one). At the absolute least, I just so happen to actually have the unit I'm going to support this time around, I may just even promote her to 5 stars just for shits and giggles (and to avoid some of the worst of the bad match ups this mode can produce). But first I should focus on finishing up my run on the T_T (I'm just short of 90k now, one more round of multipliers and then its Hard 5 grinding all the way down).

Also congrats on your success at the Dancer's Pole Tomara, and just in time to fight it out in the V.G. Dragon competition.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.