Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1125 on: February 15, 2018, 02:41:34 AM »
Haven't had much time to play lately, but I did manage to finally pull a vanilla Lucina (+Def/-HP). I'd yell at her for being a pity rate breaker, but I was at 3.00%. I'm just one Lancina away from completing the set now.

Also, whoops. Sounds like somebody forgot to implement the BGM for the Shadow Dragon maps.

That's one phone down Edit: Welp. Just had to replace my old phone due to bad Wi-Fi connectivity. On the plus side, its bigger, better and stronger too, and I didn't miss out on much this these last couple of days (other than those AA quests). But its back to the catchup grind zone for me since all my leeway was spent in the process (time to burn me some pots).

Double Edit: Man, these T_T maps suck this time around. Too many split paths to get your Auto-battle AI chasing their tails while the enemy AI has no qualms at doubling back just to try to exploit triangle advantage. Also, it sucks that there weren't any Red bonus units this time around because the last map has a high chance for Greens, so you're pretty likely going to be forced to lose at least one team on that bullshit.

Jeepers. Creepers. What about those Peepers? Edit: Lol, our next new banner features "The good guys have turned evil. Most uncool." units from the series. That means Emperor Hardin, Possessed Celica, Male Grima (also a Muspell General who's bringing Red Dracofliers onto the scene) and likely Zombie Takumi as the next GHeB (or Darkness Sword Mareeta, maybe she'll be a T_T or t_t reward).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:41:05 PM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 22, 2018, 03:19:35 AM »
I feel conflicted. Yes, we're now a step closer to Takumi emblem, but that isn't really Takumi. Okay, the Heroes version seem to have atleast something left of himself compared to the Fates version, but still... I'm going to feel bad if I use him too much.

Speaking of Takumi, holy shit, I've been lucky with my pulls ever since I got the New Year's version! A Saber for a free pull, three 5 star heroes from the Legendary banner for a little over 30 orbs including two with ideal boons, a Lovely Lyn within 50 orbs or so (and some good fodder to boot), and now, after pulling a total of seven characters from the Fallen Heroes banner:

1. Hardin
2. Hinata (4 stars, so perfect Fury fodder)
3. Nino (3 stars, but draw back is always nice)
4. Marth (MY FIRST! oh, and 4 stars)
5. Marth (also 4 stars, but this one is +atk!)
6. Lon'qu (4 stars, so Vantage 3 is ready to go)
7. Duma Celica

Having a Grima!Robin as well would be cool, but I'm not going to push the luck Takumi has given me. I'll save my 400+ orbs for something else.

There's a downside though: I'm running out of basic fodder. There isn't even a Swap left for Hardin!

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 22, 2018, 04:45:24 AM »
I only have ~130 orbs so I'll probably sit on them until the Legendary banner or something. There's also another new heroes banner early next month which will totally be the Thracia banner this time pinky swear'd.

Anyway having themes for the new hero banners like that sibling one early on is cool, but it'd be nice if we actually got some new heroes on the new hero banners instead of the second of third Celicas we'll have and the, what, 5th Robin? Arabian King Incel is in though so that's something, and we now have that blue armor with a legendary weapon I thought we'd never see.

It's nice that they added Bold and Vengeful fighter to the regular pool, but I'm expecting them to remain 5-star exclusive while Celica drops down (if one drops at all) and offers Hone Attack 3 at 4* instead of any of the shiny new skills they just introduced. On that note, I really hate the concept of the Chill SPD skill. I guess they want to punish the speed-centric game a little bit, but it's stupid to have a debuff that just works on the best opposing unit with no thought needed into how it's used. At least with Gunnthra it was unit-specific, but you can stick Chill SPD on your dancer or whatever and let it fly (it doesn't seem to have any limitations whatsoever so you could stick it on a staffbot too I guess). I guess Harsh Command might get some real use now, though.

Also I know it probably won't happen, but it'd be hilarious if we got a bunch of free Close Counters. It probably wouldn't even be that broken because Close Counter is usually put into weird niche builds, and the one unit that completely dominates with it comes with it in her base kit anyway.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 22, 2018, 05:26:18 AM »
Possessed Takumi comes with Fury. Because he's angry.

Actually, no, angry may be the wrong word. I spoiled myself by reading the mined data, and he's mostly confused and sad and says 'The enemy!' only slightly more often than Brave Lyn.

The Fury 3 is not a joke though.

On that note, I really hate the concept of the Chill SPD skill. I guess they want to punish the speed-centric game a little bit, but it's stupid to have a debuff that just works on the best opposing unit with no thought needed into how it's used.

I took one look at my Celica and gave her Renewal.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 23, 2018, 01:11:25 AM »
And to no one's surprise we're all getting a brand new Legendary to go with that new mode on the 28th (well, okay, most of us are getting a brand new Legendary, the rest are getting a free Aether/Warding Breath/+1 Merge).

Second, third and fourth went to Wharja, Axzura and Hector respectfully (which is unsurprising due to Axzura getting a second chance with a recent Legendary banner versus Wharja's once go-a-round, while Hector just got totally kneecapped by Vector). The rest of the top 30 just goes to show how utterly stupid this vote was since it was completely dominated by seasonals and heavy meta.

Possessed Takumi comes with Fury. Because he's angry.

Actually, no, angry may be the wrong word. I spoiled myself by reading the mined data, and he's mostly confused and sad and says 'The enemy!' only slightly more often than Brave Lyn.

The Fury 3 is not a joke though.

They also gave him Vengeance (which is a joke because he only has 37 HP at Level 40).

That said, Skadi has the potential of being bonkers on slow/clogged maps. Especially since his stat spread gives him effectively 48 Atk and 40 Spd to follow up on the free 10 damage. Pairing him up with Pain+ bombs Azama or Lucius is even more hilarious for AoE damage.

Also, Zonkumi looks like a goddamn Shining Force character (olde skool, though minus the closeted furry, none of that Tony Taka crap).

Edit: Finally sat down and hammered out a winning strategy for the C&A BHeB on Infernal. Turns out all I had to do was pull out all the goddamn stops with Klein, Airzura, +1 Cordelia and +1 Nowi (admittedly Airzura was only level 20-ish and not much of a combatant). Klein drops the Axe Pegasus (its imperative to manipulate the AI into putting the Peg Knight over by the right side so that Klein can fire from relative safety; through clever numbers manipulation I'm able to fool the AI into going after Nowi instead of Cordelia), while having Cordelia and Airzura wait on the other side to come over to support the other side. Turn two has Klein and Cordelia bust up Corrin while making sure that a Def buffed Nowi is now standing in the bottom lefthand corner of the right side so that only the Archer can attack and die to DC. Next turn involves a tag team of Klein softening up the Sword Peg followed by Cody finishing her off followed by Airzura dancing Cody, followed by Cody roughing up the Blue Mage, followed by Galeforce shenanigans ending the Blue Mage. With only Airzura and Cody to attack, Azura tries and fails to drop Cody and the next turn is a wrap. It took two stamina pots and a full bar to figure out the precise sequence of events (and SS distribution) that needed to occur to achieve the desired results.

Now to start grinding the T_T and the Fjorm quests like a motherfucker.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 09:46:59 PM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 24, 2018, 06:26:52 AM »
Well, I've got my depressing Takumis and now I'm both sad and happy. Sad because, shit, that backstory, that confession, that everything. Happy, because I beat Infernal with Takumi backed up by two dancers and Klein. It was a really tough battle what with all those (ranged) reinforcements and all, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

Got one of them up to 5 stars, but I'm not entirely sure what do you with rest. Maybe I'll just build all three and bully GHB characters who are dumb enough to cluster together and not move.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to that free Ike. I feel bad for Soren that he'll have to end his support with Brave Ike, but two green units hooking up just isn't a very tactically sound decision. I'm sure him and strategically appropriate Ike will get along just fine. Now, I'll just need a not-green Soren for Brave Ike and everything will be perfect.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 25, 2018, 02:16:50 AM »
News on the next round of updates have been revealed.

The first new mode sounds interesting with its massive multihero conceit, and more importantly, makes use of the friends list.

The second new mode is basically to make blessings ubiquitous which in turn should make it friendly to F2Pers (although I think you still need at least one Legendary unit for each element).

And finally, a new weapon for Soren plus forges for him, Leo and Vanilla Eirika (Vanilla Roy and OG Male Corrin will get theirs someday).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 26, 2018, 05:54:46 AM »
Kept playing with the idea of giving my Soren a Gronnowl+, but my laziness has saved me another 20k feathers! Still holding out on that Binding Blade refine and them giving Lilina Forblaze. Anyway I'm guessing Wind Brand is going to synergize with Watersweep somehow much like how Alm's Falchion was designed to go with Windsweep. But so far I still haven't spent my mountain dew on anything except Eliwood- aside from the fact that I'm short on normal weapons to spend pop rocks on, it's hard for me to justify putting down the Dew I actually get into a weapon I won't use very often. Eirika and maybe Soren will probably be worth it for me though. Will be interesting to see Leo's new effect too, he needs a lot of help to be relevant again.

Rival Domains allowing 20 units is an interesting idea, but I wonder if it's just a poorly-worded way of saying you choose 20 heroes, then pick 4 from them for any given map. I don't think they have any plans on making larger maps, which is pretty much the only way you can have more units than we already have.

I still kinda hate the concept of Blessings, but the new mode forcing us to build separate teams is nice I guess. Just have to decide who gets what blessings.

I'm disappointed the next Voting Gauntlet will have basically no rehauling, at least as far as I can tell. I would've thought they got some unkind words about the mode back during that survey so they would've been working on making the mode not suck.

Anyway, I said "why not" and dumped a bunch of orbs into the Evil badguy banner. Continuing my mediocre luck I dumped about 130 orbs and came out with no banner units. I was aiming for Robin, but after about 6 straight boards with no Greens I got pity broken by a 5* Effie. Could be worse than a free extra merge I guess. I also got a 5* Mia on the same board. I guess all my luck is focused on getting me a bunch of sword units I'll never use.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 26, 2018, 07:58:59 AM »
I'm really hoping Soren's new tome will grant some sort of Brave effect to mimic his Adept skill. It's what he deserves. However... I can't be the only one who thinks the name of the tome is rather mean, right? Wind's Brand? Seriously?

mediocre luck

Sorry to hear that. I'd lent you my NY Takumi, but he's busy getting me more 5 stars. I just threw 20 orbs at the VG banner and got my first normal Celica. Thank you, Takumi!

(Please make Leo come home when he shows up on his weapon upgrade banner.)

Edit: HOLY SHIT. I was thinking: Hey, I have over 400 orbs. I'll try to stay above that as a Legendary Banner buffer. And you know what, there are three Love Abounds heroes I don't yet have. Heck, I'd be happy if I got an extra Soren or something from it.

I see one green orb, I pull. Hi +atk, -spd Hector who is just here to fight!
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 12:54:40 PM by Tomara »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 27, 2018, 01:28:55 AM »
And the devs Ephraim favoritism continues as he gets a horse alt of his own as the Fire Legendary (I guess since Roy already has two alts, it was only fair; not that this isn't going to stop Ephraim from getting his CYL alt later on).

As for skills, Fire Ephraim seems to be built around charging enemy mobs and Sol tanking his way through. Too bad he can't make use of Mounted Emblem Auras and his Flame Siegmund's effect at the same time (at least he can benefit from the Buffs), and he pretty much demands the Heavy Blade seal (or Brash Assault if you're feeling Randi).

The other Legendary Banner heroes are Nohrian Scummers Leo and Corrin, Summer Gaius, Performing Farts Olivia, Dorcas, Mia, Shiro, Jaffar, Gunnthra and both Alt Ikes.

No clean colors for me this time.

As for the VG chat, I'm probably going to support Celica initially since I have her and she did well during the CYL2 (BK and TAMale Robin will be the most annoying to deal with; Zelgius is likely going to be dead last, and Grima's gonna be a hard sell).

Also forged up Marisa's Wo Dao+ so that aside from her +7 HP and +1 Atk, she's a Def == Res inverted +Atk/-Def Fir, then used the resulting Mtn Dew to forge up Masked Marth's Falchion since it was either that, Raven's Basilisk or Michalis' Hauteclere.

Also also, I'm still really struggling with the sheer flood of content this game has had since the start of 2018 as I'm still only 79k in the T_T. It really doesn't help that this one's kinda really annoying since the game loves to throw entire mono-color teams at you and since I'm running Booklyn, Valenwood, Clarine and Axzura, a solid Green team on the final battle tends to wipe me. It also doesn't help that a bunch of stages tend to favor forcing you to divide your team which makes the aforementioned mono-color teams even more annoying to deal with. The two t_ts earlier this month haven't made it easy for me either.

Edit: And now that I know what's in the Legendary Banner, I can safely dump a few orbs to pick up some more Banner units. Managed to angle a Valenroy, Evilca and Grima for just under 40 orbs (granted I came into today's fishing trip with a built up pity rate for both banners so its closer to 120 orbs). Unfortunately the traits leave something to be desired as Voy has +Res/-Def (being a mounted breaker tank would've been nice but dat Def is going to make dealing with Bowlyn all the harder), Nega-Robin has +Spd/-Atk (probably not all that bad since he has insane Atk anyways and can go through the defensive stat of choice for ranged units nope, looked again and he doesn't care about Spd, these are his worst IVs), and Anti-Faye Celica has +Def/-Res (since she's infantry anyways, it'll do).
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 02:38:11 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: February 28, 2018, 07:24:44 AM »
This Legendary Banner is pretty good for me as long as I don't pull any red 5*s. Basically everything else I would want either to use or as fodder except for Summer Gaius. I wouldn't mind a better IV'd Gunnthra, BIke or Jaffar, and I'm missing everything else and they're all good. I especially want Olivia.

Naturally, after sinking in my 80 orbs, I have come out with 2 Summer Gaiuses. Thanks Obama. Got -ATK +SPD on one to add to the pain. If he got a bane literally any other stat I could've at least got some use out of him. Other one's -HP +RES. I guess I have a free Def Ploy to build a super meme Jagen.

The good news is that I got some pretty nice 4* pulls while I was at it. Got another Effie, that Red flier I wanted in the form of a Palla worth using (+SPD -RES), as well as finally pulling a good Cecilia (-HP +ATK). I also got a Tharja (+ATK -RES) and I have no idea if that's optimum for her, but it's certainly better than the one I had before.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 28, 2018, 10:42:16 AM »
300 orbs, I got:
1x Shiro (+atk, - hp)
2x Dorcas (one of them +def, -spd)
2x Jaffar (don't care)

I should have stopped after those first two rounds that gave me an excellent Dorcas, that Shiro and a 4* +atk Reinhardt. It only went downhill from there.

Oh well, lesson learned, I guess. I hope New Year Takumi's fortune still holds true when I'm not greedy.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 28, 2018, 09:06:56 PM »
Welp. Got pity broken by +Res/-HP Mia which is ehh since my first Mia was +Res/-Atk but she's also sitting on over 8k in SP and that would be rather annoying to flush down the drain for slightly better IVs (and really, I don't know if having an Infantry with 34 goddamn HP is worth bothering with anyways, especially since Forging isn't an option).

Man, fuck this banner. I just pulled three goddamn Hawkeyes on the same goddamn pull, on top of the other two I had pulled earlier. Thank god we're getting freebie Like.

Edit: Finally snagged a Dorcas for newness (+Def/-Spd, excellent traits for the guy), but more importantly is that I finally got myself a 3 star, +Atk/-HP Setsuna (my original Setsuna was my first Archer project right up until Ursula's first GHeB where she cost me the Lunatic difficulty clear due to her -Atk trait preventing clean kills of either Dagger user; its taken practically a dozen more Setsunas before I saw one with +Atk).

Second Edit: I'm back to cursing out the Legendary Banner since I fucked up and wasted precious Orbs trying for someone other than a Dorcas and a Mia. It really doesn't help that I'm kinda hunting Blue Orbs which have been rare to nonexistent for most of my draws. That said, no banner is as aggravating as the VG continues to be. Endless level 1 Anna support from my "Friends" list, yet the one time I get a colorless unit, thinking things turned around, I'm suddenly running alongside Marisa and miss out on the 100 Colorless x 5 Flags (it was not my intention to drag it out so far, but it was impossible to get anything Colorless, and barely even possible to get Blue done without having to take the hit to my score (which I still did, thanks to my failed attempt to run a colorless unit over my team rep)). They really need to either make 'friend' list contributions to VG runs either more consistent, more random or offer at least some measure of control beyond 'purging for desired colors'.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 02:52:53 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: March 04, 2018, 05:36:09 AM »
I joined team Celica in round 1 and goddamn did people get dumber in the time since the last VG. I think like 80% of what got sent to me was either Celica or some other shitty Red. I did get a Hector from one of my friends, and while I appreciate he wasn't stupid enough to send me a Red enough to not purge him from my list, the fact that so many dumb people also exist on the opposing team meant that Hector was also fighting Red units a great deal of the time. Or Brave Lyn which just shits all over everything.

They've also done nothing to make the mode less random, so Celica lost as soon as she triggered bonuses on the wrong hour. Joined Team Takumi for round 2.

I also did one last hurrah for the Legendary banner, and I got another fucking Summer Gaius. The one unit I didn't want from the banner and I get three copies of him.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 04, 2018, 10:33:49 AM »
Thought that +8 Reinhardt that joined me earlier today was yours. Good to know I was right.

I set Alm (with Falchion upgrade) as my lead. It seemed like the appropriate thing to do. Not to mention that he can smash through nearly anything when he's at full health. I hope people have fun using him.