Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1155 on: March 18, 2018, 03:50:48 AM »
Gave it the ol' college try and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. This week's map is so much easier than last week's, probably because you can split the enemy's army instead of all of them funneling into the same general area on the map and just swarming you if you don't capture the forts as soon as your approach them.

Also cleared the BHB without much issue, but the banner along with it wasn't as nice and gave me a 3* Gordin.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 19, 2018, 09:32:24 PM »
Gave it the ol' college try and it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. This week's map is so much easier than last week's, probably because you can split the enemy's army instead of all of them funneling into the same general area on the map and just swarming you if you don't capture the forts as soon as your approach them.

Also cleared the BHB without much issue, but the banner along with it wasn't as nice and gave me a 3* Gordin.

First off, grats on your 3k post man (I wonder what percentage of them have been in this thread alone?).

And second, is that I'm now up to 4.75% pity and climbing on this stupid Awakening banner and it fucking sucks because we've got another Spring seasonal and a Legendary coming up and I was hoping to score a Fire Ephraim out of the deal, and I'm still spent on Orbs and running out of sources for more (I may just have to give up on pulling non-seaonals/Legendaries altogether; but still, I'll take the goddamn pity breaker, even if its another -Atk Cain or some horse shit).

And speaking of Orbs lying around, after two Stamina Drinks, I got bored and cheesed the hell out of the BHeB with Klein, Axura, Danceliva, and Bowlyn (I wouldn't have resorted to such drastic means if it hadn't been for the concurrent T_T, since I'd rather be spending my Stamina there instead).

Haredit: Spring banner has been revealed and we've finally got Alts for Alfonse and Sharena (no Anna though), along with Catria and Kagero to round out the bunch. Alfurse is our fourth Axe Cav, Shearna is a Green Tome Infantry, Carrotria is a Blue Tome Mount and the Ninjabbit is a Flying Dagger. Catria and Sharena really want to hang out with Gunnthra as they both have sudo Chill effects on their weapons (and Catria has Chill Res while she's at it though it'll target a different unit due to effect trigger conditions), while Alfonse gets a Wo Dao Axe (SPOOOON!!!), and Kagero gets a Wo Dao Dagger
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 11:58:28 PM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 20, 2018, 08:38:19 AM »
Well, apparently 330 of those posts are General Games, so I guess even if you're generous and slash that in half that means I've probably posted over 100 times in this thread.

Anyway, glad they're continuing to branch out in terms of who they're choosing for their seasonals, but this one might be the one I'm least interested in yet, character-wise anyway. They continue to add stupidly good skills onto limited units, and I hate that the weapons are still ones which should really be in the regular pool (Killing Dagger, to a lesser extent Kitty Paddle, and now Wo Axe and Wo Knife). I still think the Chill skills are a dumb idea, but there's no stopping them now. I guess I'll probably take colorless on my free pull for that fraction of a chance at Live for Honor. Plus I have no ranged flier and I guess the first flying dagger is their answer to last year's first flying tome. Not quite as interested in Kagero's difficulty in performing her ninja parkouring considering how those tumors she has would probably snap her spine and then get in the way as she's handling those poison darts during an assassination job or whatever.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: March 20, 2018, 11:04:01 AM »
Blah, more eggs.. However, Catria looks like a good unit, Kagero has an unique movetype-weapon combo, Sharena exists and Alfonse has some real meme potential, so I'm going to try to get atleast one of them.

Preferably Alfonse, because he makes me laugh.

Xander: Our weapons are!
Reinhardt: Magic!
Camus: Loyalty!
Alfonse: SPOON!

Seriously, it might tick me off if I don't get him.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 20, 2018, 11:48:32 AM »
Nevermind The Tick, another Spoon means that Feh's 2nd caik is twice as doomed as the first (and that Alfonse really is a massive jerk for getting his hands on another one of these so spoon). I guess this also means that Ilyana will be showing up sooner rather than later.

Well, apparently 330 of those posts are General Games, so I guess even if you're generous and slash that in half that means I've probably posted over 100 times in this thread.

Anyway, glad they're continuing to branch out in terms of who they're choosing for their seasonals, but this one might be the one I'm least interested in yet, character-wise anyway. They continue to add stupidly good skills onto limited units, and I hate that the weapons are still ones which should really be in the regular pool (Killing Dagger, to a lesser extent Kitty Paddle, and now Wo Axe and Wo Knife). I still think the Chill skills are a dumb idea, but there's no stopping them now. I guess I'll probably take colorless on my free pull for that fraction of a chance at Live for Honor. Plus I have no ranged flier and I guess the first flying dagger is their answer to last year's first flying tome. Not quite as interested in Kagero's difficulty in performing her ninja parkouring considering how those tumors she has would probably snap her spine and then get in the way as she's handling those poison darts during an assassination job or whatever.

You complain about her milk cans, but I still think she's the best Senran Kagura (even if she was getting herself captured more often than not in Fates). Besides, complain all you want about Kagero's improbable Ninja Skillz, but Lyn's been getting ridiculous up there as well and "She's a hurricane!"  (and then there's Cipher which is giving us 'Goddess of Thunder Thighs' Ishtar among other wtc character redesigns). House of Flying Daggers aside, what is annoying is the lack of a Kinshi Knight despite having a perfect opportunity with Takomi during the New Year's Event. Also annoyed by the lack of Seasonal repeat opportunities outside of Legendary Banners (although last year's Spring Festival crowd are fairly powercrept on by at this point).

Picked a god and prayed edit: After racking up a 4.75% pity rate on the Awakening Banner, I finally got a 5 star unit before that fucker went away completely tonight. Specifically a +Res/-HP Elincia....that's right....you heard me. At least now my Flier Emblem can finally have an offensive oriented Red to ride with my Cordelia, Nowitch and whomever I run as a Green (either Camilla, Cherche, Gerome, Minerva, Michalis, Axzura or Beruka). For some reason I couldn't get more than a single Blue and/or Red Orb to show per pull which made my efforts far harder/more expensive than they needed to be, and in fact, after I pulled the Elincia and ran out of Red and Blue Orbs (the Blue Orb was a 3 star Donnel, which is far more typical of what I have been pulling all banner long), I made my peace and split leaving 3 unopened Orbs behind. Hopefully this balances the scales from my ridiculous run of luck at the start of the year.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 09:41:38 PM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 22, 2018, 05:28:18 AM »
Chucked 160 orbs at the new banner and got:
1x Sharena
1x Alfonse

Noteworthy 4 stars:
3x Sothe (one +atk one to build, two disappointments to fodder off)
2x Klein (it's always nice to see him)
2x Soren (both with terrible banes, but hey, finally more merges!)
3x Lukas (I'm not sure why I'd ever need three but if I want to get serious about building one, I now have a +def, -spd one)
4x Niles (uh, Iceberg for everyone?)

Maybe I should see if I have something like a +atk Niles and build one sometime.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 06:21:01 AM by Tomara »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 22, 2018, 07:48:46 AM »
Eh, I think I'd leave Niles to just be ground into powder for skills (which I bet he'd enjoy anyway) for now, since Felicia does his job better with that shiny Prf of hers. That's a pretty nice amount of Sothes too, I've been waiting to get more of him for a while now because there's a lot of units I'd like to give Life and Death to.

Though I'm surprised you didn't sink a few orbs trying to get Tomato man.

I myself am still saving for the Legendary banner. Got extra encouragement when my free pull on the new Spring banner gave me 0 greens and 0 colorless because of course it did. Took my 4* Oboro and got out.

After racking up a 4.75% pity rate on the Awakening Banner, I finally got a 5 star unit before that fucker went away completely tonight. Specifically a +Res/-HP Elincia....that's right....you heard me.

I don't know if it's worse to get pity broken by a unit you don't want (and likely will barely use), or to run out of orbs before the banner ends without a 5*. +RES/-HP on Elincia is a bummer, but at least you didn't get -ATK or -SPD. Still, Elincia's probably the best Red Flier for a while (Wing Sword bumped Caeda up quite a bit but her noodle arms still kinda hold her back), so you'll probably get a decent amount of use out of her.

With the Awakening banner ended, they decided they will actually bother to demote units after all and we got Morgan M at 4* with Spur Def/Res as the 4* skill. Kinda hoped they'd demote that fancy flying tome and I think the first generic weapon they've added to the regular summoning pool that wasn't just an upgrade to an existing one (aka Slaying weapons), but a Red Tome getting demoted is nice too, since all the new ones so far have stayed 5* exclusive. Dull Ranged and Spur Def/Res are both pretty interesting skills too.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 22, 2018, 07:57:41 AM »
Though I'm surprised you didn't sink a few orbs trying to get Tomato man.

The odds are too bad. It's not that I dislike Eirika, it's just that I don't need that many. I'll give it another shot when he's on a better banner.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 23, 2018, 11:10:35 AM »
After racking up a 4.75% pity rate on the Awakening Banner, I finally got a 5 star unit before that fucker went away completely tonight. Specifically a +Res/-HP Elincia....that's right....you heard me.

I don't know if it's worse to get pity broken by a unit you don't want (and likely will barely use), or to run out of orbs before the banner ends without a 5*. +RES/-HP on Elincia is a bummer, but at least you didn't get -ATK or -SPD. Still, Elincia's probably the best Red Flier for a while (Wing Sword bumped Caeda up quite a bit but her noodle arms still kinda hold her back), so you'll probably get a decent amount of use out of her.

The worst part is being tapped on Orbs right before the one-two punch of a Seasonal and Legendary Banners. Especially since I was hoping to get Fire Ephraim this go around (or at least a fourth copy of Fjorm), and the seasonal reduxes are likely going to be the Child Performers (Shigure and Inigo) and some combination of Henriween, Frakenjakob, Nowitch and Nekora. Rumor has it that the newest Legendary will be Female Grima as a Colorless Dragon (its going to be so funny when Aversa/Gangrel/Walhart/Validar show up later on with so much powercreep that any one of them could chump the Grimas).

As for Elincia herself, I don't mind pulling her since she completes my Red Flier collection (beyond NYCamilla), so much as I mind the fact that I can't seem to pull a Red Flier with good traits for the life of me (my Nowitch is still +Def/-Atk while both of my Caedas are Neutral and none of my Pallas have a + in either Atk or Spd (and often have -Atk or -Spd instead). At least her traits means that she's getting a Super Boon (even if 31's still not enough to run Ploys off of), not that it helps her much with her 32 HP total.

That all said, if there's one thing to be said about fixes implemented for this round of the Tappa! Tappa! Tappa! mode, its that the first five floors on Normal Mode now has 8 enemies. Laughing out fucking loud.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 23, 2018, 11:54:13 AM »
If your predictions end up being true I might consider saving my orbs for Leif and friends, I was pretty damn lucky on the Performing Arts banner way back, pulling 3 of the Focus units, so I already have Inigo and Shigure. Though it did come back to bite me and I'm still mad that I drew 3 fucking Gaiuses last Legendary banner and now I'll have to wait god knows how long before PA Olivia is available again. At the rate they're adding new seasonals they'll never be able to cycle through them faster via Legendary banners so I don't know how the hell they're planning on fixing that.

IIRC Ephraim's not showing up this time so Fjorm can get another go. Guessing they'll be doing the same thing going forward, not having 2 Legendaries on the same color (just to make it that much more annoying to get one of each so you can do well in an entire mode). Hopefully whatever colorless Legendary we get this time around will be Fire to make up for Ephraim not being there, and they'll keep color balance within each Legendary element.

Dunno about Grima though, it'd be weird as hell to have her being a Legendary "Hero" since so far the theme seems to be either an OC donut touch character or a version of a character at the end of a given game (Ike's a Vanguard and for Ephraim it straight up says he defeated the Demon King). I think Corrin F might be more likely if that's what they're going for.

DHKany

• RPGFan Editor
  • Dank Souls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 25, 2018, 08:52:24 AM »
F!Corrin is a pretty reasonable guess, but if the keychain silhouette is anything to go by it looks like F!Robin (although please no more Grimas, as strong as male robin is he's so boring with how blatantly overpowered armor skills are).

I'm just hoping that PA Azura is gonna be available again in the near future.

"All those moments will be lost in time... like tears.. in rain" -Roy Batty

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 26, 2018, 12:11:23 AM »
F!Corrin is a pretty reasonable guess, but if the keychain silhouette is anything to go by it looks like F!Robin (although please no more Grimas, as strong as male robin is he's so boring with how blatantly overpowered armor skills are).

I'm just hoping that PA Azura is gonna be available again in the near future.

The mini acrylic figure silhouette is for Delthea. But yeah, the Arena datamine is pointless anyways since the Arena refreshes tomorrow whereas the Legendary Banner starts on the 28th. If they were going to do a Colorless Dragon though, Corrin makes the most sense because ♪s/he is the ocean's grey waves♪.

On a different topic, the ReBHeB lies beaten in the street without me needing to burn an S. Drink to do it. The only difficulty was in the minute details since the stage has no teeth past the initial rush.

Edit: The Legendary Colorless Dragon Female Grima theory is back on track since the Arena Bonus Unit roster is on week 3 of Fire Ephraim. Even more disappointing though is that the 'reward' for climbing to Rhythm Heaven is another Hot Springs.

Double Edit: Yep. There she is. In all her Flying Colorless Dragon Glory. As a bonus the rest of the lineup I couldn't care less for either. Lute, Zelgius, Lancina and Grima+ are the only ones I don't have right now. I even have all the seasonals, 3 Fjorms, 2 Gunnthra's and a Neutral LIke.

As such, I've pulled on the Spring Banner and after 3 Colorless Orbs, managed to snag a +Atk/-Res Playboy Ninja (I left the Red Orb alone). Looks like Flier Emblem is my go to Tower Grind Team nowadays.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 11:50:36 PM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 29, 2018, 03:35:27 AM »
Well, Takumi's luck is still working:

That was pretty much my wishlist for this banner. And they're all atleast decent IVs too. Not sure yet what I should do with that Lucina. My current one is better.

Total investment in this banner: 46 orbs. Time to save up for the next one.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: March 29, 2018, 04:11:35 AM »
That's a shitload better than my haul of my third Scummer Elise (+Atk/-Res which might be alright if I didn't already have one with +Spd/-Def). At least the fodder isn't too bad, as I walked away with +1 Tailtiu, +1 Soliel, and +1 Caeda (+Res/-Def, better than my current Caedas, but not worth the 20k feathers IMO), and I only sank 35 Orbs into the deal, so I'mma cutting my losses here.

At least I made it to the 4k Feather tier for this T_T. I even finally got around to promoting Donnel since leveling him wasn't all that bad and his traits aren't too shabby for him (+Atk/-Spd).

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 29, 2018, 04:53:12 AM »
Jesus, that's a pull alright.

I've only done one set of pulls- of course not a single colorless showed up, but I did get another copy of Fjorm with crappy IVs. Not much else to show. Think I'll stop there for now, this is probably the least interesting Legendary banner for me yet. I have more than half the units, the ones I'm missing aren't that interesting to me (Nowi, Zelgius, Tiki and Lute), and while Robin herself would be nice, she'll probably show up next month too so I might as well pull then and also get a chance at the returning Ephraim.

As for the TT, my autobattle spam landed me around rank 700 with my final score being something like 260,000. My stamina pots have dipped below 300 so going nuts like this actually does end up in a net loss in those. If I keep this up maybe I'll run out of them by 2025 or something.