Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1170 on: March 29, 2018, 06:23:42 PM »
Really, the only thing missing is a 4 star Sully to get a better Swordbreaker out of her.

That said, now that the T_T is done, its time to start in on what's coming down for the next VG. As I only have two bunnies right now, I'm going to lean towards Usagaro and hope that Carrotmilla doesn't goddamn sweep as she's want to do (as we're looking at the first VG without either a Banner specifically associated with it, or coming right on the heels of a second relevant Banner, so those without Carrotmilla are straight up screwed; then again, 'Harena is the other most likely candidate to sweep, especially since there's still a chance to nab her).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 29, 2018, 10:44:22 PM »
Well I got a +Spd, -Res Legendary Grima, so I feel like I need to build myself a dragon team now. My first thought was:

-F. Grima
-M. Grima
-Ninian
-Child Tiki

(all obviously with Earth blessings)

I know this won't get me max BST (I'd want to switch in the other flying dragon that I don't have for Ninian for that), but otherwise does that seem like a solid line up? I've kind of not being paying that much attention for a while now. XP

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 30, 2018, 04:07:21 AM »
Those motherfuckers! I was already done with Fir and now I've got to grind SP like a motherfucker again and drop even more Poprocks/Mtn. Dew to get her new Prf up and running (nice touch that she shares it with Karel though). And what the fuck!? Why the hell is Ephraim getting a second Forge upgrade?

On the up side, fucking finally! Base Roy and Lilina can finally get back into the game somewhat with new upgrades (also, welcome Forblaze), while the gap between H/Vector just fucking vanished. LOfuckingL.

Oh yeah, and Lloyd gets to suck less too.

Well I got a +Spd, -Res Legendary Grima, so I feel like I need to build myself a dragon team now. My first thought was:

-F. Grima
-M. Grima
-Ninian
-Child Tiki

(all obviously with Earth blessings)

I know this won't get me max BST (I'd want to switch in the other flying dragon that I don't have for Ninian for that), but otherwise does that seem like a solid line up? I've kind of not being paying that much attention for a while now. XP

I'd switch out Child Tiki for either Adult Tiki or Nowi since both are more easily built towards high Atk/Def DC Tanks, but you do you.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 30, 2018, 05:40:52 AM »
Nowi would probably be a good choice instead of Child Tiki, you're doubling up on Blues but Grima M is so absurdly broken you won't feel the absence of a red that much, and Ninian's not that good at being the Falchion counter on a dragon team. If you insist on a Red I'd say Child Tiki is a better long-term investment than Adult Tiki if you're a whale. She's basically a Red Nowi so she has the old version of boosted BST if you're going for Arena scoring. Adult Tiki's nice for budget players because she's easy to pull and her lopsided stats make her very easy to specialize into doing what you need her to do.

And hurray on lots of Elibe love in the Refinery, although most of them being red kinda sucks as far as using them is concerned. Roy was the first 5* I pulled in the game (and he did a really good job chopping Veronica down in that first Tempest Trial) so I look forward to using him a bit more again, and I was expecting a Lilina reforge eventually so it's nice to get it so soon. I also have that pitybreaker Karel I got way back so I guess he might get something useful, and while it's a nice little call into continuity, sharing his weapon with Fir (and I guess Karla when she gets in 10 years from now) will probably mean one of them will be redundant. Might consider promoting a Lloyd too, but I'm flooded with swords even without all the other ones getting love in this patch.

As for Ephraim- eh, I guess it's nice to set the precedent that units will continue to get new versions of their weapons, but I feel like Flame Siegmund kinda sucks for him. He doesn't have the mobility of a horse so it's more annoying to make positioning work with its effect. Probably better to just stick to the existing refine. Similar problem with Hector- I hope they'll add some kind of refine for the normal Armads at some point because if you give him Berserk Armads he just ends up being a straight up crappier Valentine Hector. Normal Armad's QR effect at least gives him something to distinguish himself.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 31, 2018, 03:56:30 PM »
Finally managed Frima Infernal this morning. Took some serious inheritance and some SP grinding to get Masked Marth and Micaiah up to speed, fortunately, I didn't need to do much for Axzura and Bowlyn.

Also, lol at what I said earlier about this VG not having half its competitors available for this. Of course this also means that we have 2 fucking seasonal banners AND a Legendary banner running concurrently. Thank god I already have all the seasonals from the Legendary banner because there aren't enough Orbs to go after everybody (of course my attempts at pulling from the old Spring banner netted me a free Camilla (wrong one) and a pity breaker Fae (+Spd/-Def); at least she didn't take 140 Orbs to show up on). Talk about having to chase multiple hares.

Edit: Second attempt got me a Lucina flavored Blue Bunny Ice Cream. Too bad she's +Res/-Atk which somehow makes her inferior to my original +Def/-Res Blue Bunny. -_-

At least every major time sensitive quest and battle is done and dusted so now I can focus on the Daily GHeBs again (for the next 7 hours).

Also, I'd give Karla better chances at getting in sooner than say Selphina if only because of Female Myrmidon/Swordmaster bias. Of course Sword Saint Karel probably has better odds than either of them at this point.

April Edit: Carrotmilla Get! (+Def/-Res; fuckin' identical to my Blue Bunny, but at least her stats don't mind the extra Def) Also the M&M ReBHeB was a complete walk in the park. News at 11.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 05:44:42 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 03, 2018, 03:30:19 AM »
New 4* Banner, so I decided to try for some fodder. Of course I go through 60 orbs and got none of the characters I wanted from it before I get pity broken. 0 Hinatas, 0 Kleins, 0 Blue Focus units. Also I got pity broken by Saber, whose only plus is that he's probably one of the rarest units in the game at this point, but aside from being an unremarkable unit anyway he also came as -ATK, so he gets to stand around being a trophy I guess. So yeah, kinda annoyed, but I'll stop while I'm ahead so I can fail at getting Leif and co. when they show up.

On the bright side though, I did get a Caeda with +ATK -DEF, which I'm pretty sure is the absolute best set for her because despite the Flashing Blade effect on Wing Sword, she wants the extra attack. I also got a Cain (with -HP +SPD which is pretty good for him, but I might end up taking the WoM anyway) and 2 Soleils who are both -SPD to seal their fate as Firesweep Sword donors.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 03, 2018, 05:07:36 AM »
New 4* Banner, so I decided to try for some fodder. Of course I go through 60 orbs and got none of the characters I wanted from it before I get pity broken. 0 Hinatas, 0 Kleins, 0 Blue Focus units. Also I got pity broken by Saber, whose only plus is that he's probably one of the rarest units in the game at this point, but aside from being an unremarkable unit anyway he also came as -ATK, so he gets to stand around being a trophy I guess. So yeah, kinda annoyed, but I'll stop while I'm ahead so I can fail at getting Leif and co. when they show up.

On the bright side though, I did get a Caeda with +ATK -DEF, which I'm pretty sure is the absolute best set for her because despite the Flashing Blade effect on Wing Sword, she wants the extra attack. I also got a Cain (with -HP +SPD which is pretty good for him, but I might end up taking the WoM anyway) and 2 Soleils who are both -SPD to seal their fate as Firesweep Sword donors.

I only went for the freebie and ran. Fortunately it was a 4 star Abel so some lucky slob is walking away with Swordbreaker 3. Blue is pretty much the winner of this Uncommon banner though so it sucks you weren't able to get a single unit.

That being said, my most recent 4 star Caeda draw (from Bunny Banner mk2) is +Def/-HP which is definitely something (I mean, it is nice to be able to survive the counterattack of those too stubborn to get oneshot'd, plus it's also a Superboon so that's something....right?....if only her base Atk wasn't literal garbage). Unfortunately, and similarly, Cain really wants +Atk as well since Brave Weapons Mt are shit and lately, it feels like you need a combined total of at least 45 Atk these days to keep up with the inflating Def/Res stats (also ask me how much use my +Spd/-Atk Cain sees; hint, not much beyond RD filler).

Also, welcome to the club fellow -Atk Saber haver.

DHKany

• RPGFan Editor
  • Dank Souls
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 04, 2018, 09:25:45 AM »
I'd hold onto the Soleil tbh. Firesweep S isn't really better than most of the legendary weapons and even then slaying edge tends to be the better option on those guys. Soleil merges, on the other hand, are pretty valuable as she's a red sword powerhouse.
"All those moments will be lost in time... like tears.. in rain" -Roy Batty

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 04, 2018, 10:34:11 AM »
Soleil is definitely the best sword unit on a budget, but aside from a few units I'll be merging for arena/waifu-husbandoing I think I'd otherwise prefer variety in my barracks rather than just making good meta units, even if some units are just straight up worse versions of her (Besides, they'll probably release some other unit to outdate her down the road anyway). I generally don't replace weapons for units with Prfs since I like to keep whatever unique role they have to offer, but I doubt characters like Hana are on the list for shiny new Prfs so I'd feel safe giving them Firesweep (although Navarre might get one given his status in the franchise).

Also I'm on team Chrom since that's the only Spring unit I have. Hopefully the power of chaotic neutral multipliers will take him far.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 04, 2018, 07:16:27 PM »
Hopped into this VG with Usagero. Even if she loses, I still have Carrotmilla and maybe Harecina to fall back on.

I'll keep her on front in case non-flying Senran Kagero havers want a Colorless unit to roll with.

Edit: I'm fucking surprised that they actually offered an honest-to-god Quality of Life improvement to the VG experience this time by implementing the ability to immediately reroll your battle upon surrendering. The days of having to sacrifice points just to ensure that I have enough color representation per round are now a thing of the past (as are the days of Light Blessings having any intrinsic value; well you can't win 'em all).

Edit Calibur 2: And with this, Taki has won the match over Ivy? (well there aren't very many good parallels to Camilla in Soul Calibur, at the very least there needs to be more Female Axe users, even if its just a goddamn Francesca). The rest are looking like its Recency Bias all the way down outside of a Xianghua Lucina upset.

FEHdit 3: Next Feh Channel announced for the 10th. Will probably just talk about Lief and crew, Golden Week (still JP only) and the April/May calendar. That being said, my predictions on what it wont cover includes: Elibe weapons update, Brave 2: Bravehardter, town raising sim minigame, Summoning Pool Rekajiggering, the next Legendary unit, that gift of 100 Orbs, Mountain Dew, Pop Rocks, and SS Coins plus 200k Feathers and a Free Unit of your choice, the Camus ReGHeB, the next round of GHeB Elites and the start of BHeB Elites or the FE Switch Banner.

FEdit IV Genealogy of the Holy Edit: Well the Mountains have buried the Mound in the Valley between, while the 2nd Gen continues to remain superior to their predecessors. Meanwhile, I've continued my lax performance for another meager stipend of Feathers, narrowly missing the mark from even my previous phoning in. Lets hope the competition isn't quite as onesided this time. That being said, I have been taking the opportunity to finally clean some more house. Gerome is really pulling his weight in the Elite GHeB matches as I've now polished off the Flier battles against both Lloyd and Michalis, while I've finally ground up enough SP for Berkut to get that Lance of his upgraded (went with +Def because any forge would buff his Res threefold, while his bad Spd can't really be salvaged on top of exacerbating his already mediocre Def) and filled out Siegbert's skill set a bit more.

Edit V(G): Not since the Shanna upset have we had as interesting of a final round as this VG's. It got stupidly close right up until Lucina fell into the Same Trap and now Kagero's sizable voting base is carrying her the rest of the way. Now to try to squeeze in these last 400 Flags because....fuck (still works out to my advantage for a guaranteed +500 Feathers versus the not-guaranteed +400 Feathers for moving up an Overall Ranking, but it would've been nicer to get both and extra Feathers from one of the earlier rounds).

Edit 776: So the TL:DW is that Lief has a crappy Prf (since enemies with that much more Def over Res are generally built towards Def anyways so the +7 Atk helps, but it would've been better if he had gotten the forged d.breath effect instead) but S.Drink is pure T_T/CC crack, Nanna can heal Debuffs, Reinalt and Altwen are next in the alt department while filling out the rest of the Banner (and Reinhardt got a Master Sword, which is hilariously good since it doubles on either phase and he comes with Vantage and Death Blow, while Olwen got Gronnblade++ lol), Finn's the T_T reward, Saias is the next contestant on GHeB, Forblaze debuffs highest Res, Nameless Blades are Killing Edge++, Roy can now be effective against Dragons, Lloyd almost gets the inverse of Flame Siegmund, T_T's Refine now makes it suck a whole lot less, Summoning Pool finally got rekajiggered (by dumping every Uncommon short of Soliel, M. Morgan, Tailtiu, L'Arachel and Sothe into the Common trash heap; no Green pitybreakers survived the culling), HM cap is now 5000, Elite GHeB R2 begins shortly, Regular Stamina is now no object (since only Tower grinding and CCs/SAs cost anything significant), but new stamina is required for the Multiplayer Campaign (which is basically Rival Domains except its pitting Player Barracks against each other). My 'not' guess was surprisingly kinda, but not really, close.

Edit 777: Lol, dataminers are at work. Saias is apparently, almost literally Blue Arvis (right down to his Prf Tome that inflicts Atk/Res Ploy 2), Reinhardt 2.0 is basically Reinhardt 1.0 at Rng 1, Finn's basically got Camus' statline, while Lief has Ayra's general stat spread, meanwhile Bow meta is shifting in a big way as we're about to see Colored Bow users (which means that Red Bows will literally destroy my Cecilia; fuuuuuck, and apparently clauses were snuck into Bow & Daggerbreakers specifying effectiveness only on Colorless Bows and Daggers respectfully; ffffffffff....), Forblaze's Refine provides Death Blow 3, while Nameless Blade's is Wo Dao's effect (and finally making a Killing Wo Dao Prf) and Binding Blade's Refine provides Quick Retort 3.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:16:29 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 10, 2018, 07:50:33 AM »
I didn't do too hot on this VG, since I slept through a ton of the multipliers and ended up burning lots of flags on non-bonus hours. Oh well, free feathers is free feathers, and at least I was on a winning team twice this time around. Still don't really like this mode though.

But the big news is all the new goodies with the new version. Didn't expect it, but they actually adjusted the summoning pool. The downside of course, is that Hinata will be a lot harder to find now, but I'll take that if it means I won't ever have to be pity broken by Merric or Peri or whoever. Plus I'll have an easier time finishing up my Effie merges and finally finding that +ATK Reinhardt. Kinda disappointed mediocre 5* only units like Karel, Luke, Jaffar, or Mist didn't get booted downward, but I guess you have to have some losers in that bin.

Anyway I've added Caeda and Lilina to my 5* collection, and I'm wondering if I should replace the -HP +SPD Lilina with a +ATK one at some point. She gets +4 from the SPD boon so it's actually a somewhat workable stat if I give her an appropriate A slot, but it might be fun to get Lilina up to like 65 ATK or whatever the hell she's capable of.

I also have a -SPD +DEF Roy I thinking about keeping as-is, since he gets +4 from the DEF boon and he basically has Vengeful Fighter-1 now. He might want to avoid doubles though so -HP +SPD might still be the best choice for him. Either way he's being pushed as a mixed tank which is pretty much what people were doing with him before, and with the Dragon killing effect on the Binding Blade now it's certainly worth noting that he actually has a RES stat unlike all the Falchion users, so he has that going for him.

Also I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed with the choices for Thracia. It's going to be ages (if ever) before they add more characters from it so it's annoying they wasted two slots on alternate versions, especially if they're going to double up on one color. Would've been much better served giving that slot to Eyvel or Mareeta, and GreenOlwen should've been Ced or Asbel. Plus we'll only get one merge for Finn, who has a normal Brave Lance instead of a shiny Prf one like he deserves.

Andrew

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 10, 2018, 09:00:24 PM »
I'm sick of all these non-seasonal alt characters (especially when their art is basically the same as well). Not liking the precedent 2018 has set in that regard.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 10, 2018, 09:07:20 PM »
Yeah, they didn't do too hot on Thracia's reppege this time around. Sure, more Olwen is always nice, but aside from the tome change, she's basically the same as before. At least Reinhardt got non-Trump sized hands to go with his Meister Schwerts ("May das Schwarts of Evils' Bane be with you!"), but even then, its still not their Holy Sword. On top of Lief's mediocre Prf effect, he's another not-quite Ayra in terms of BST/stat distribution (at least S. Drink is potentially hilarious and makes CCs/T_T+s more manageable). Nanna did the best because Restore+ can even clear Panic, Dazzle and Gravity without needing to spend a dancer's turn; but even then, her Atk is low and Absorb+ is still lame. As for Finn, he sadly got Tobin'd/Clive'd (at least he'll come with skills other than just his weapon). And Saias is sadly basically Blue Arvis (of course since his main gimmick doesn't work in Heroes, he needed something to do; of course they could've implemented a Skill that would straight up provide -1 Cooldown to all allies per turn which I think would be a solid match for his role in Thracia).

Anyways, pulled on the Bunny Banner again and finally scored a 4 star Soren (followed immediately by a second Ninjabbit with worse traits (+Res/-Spd)). I'll probably try for one more Bunny before getting ready for the next Legendary banner.

Edit: Well, now we know why we aren't getting a free Gunnthra (and of course this goes down on a Thracia banner).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 06:31:15 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 11, 2018, 08:44:31 AM »
Was planning on spending maybe 100 of my orbs on the Thracia banner, but after an initial bit of luck I hit a long dry streak and ended up spending almost all of them (~250 orbs) before I got something to end my pity rate. Overall I did pretty good though, I ended up with:

Greenolwen (+RES -HP)
Shiro (+SPD -RES)
Nanna (+HP -ATK)
Swordhardt (+RES -SPD)

The -ATK on Nanna is a bummer since its a superbane, but otherwise I think they're okay sets (or good in the case of Shiro). Besides, Nanna will probably get demoted so I can fish for a better set later. For non-5*s I got a Morgan M (+SPD -HP), another Sothe, 2 Hinatas and a Roy.

Also the second set of GHB Quests involves using Blessing teams instead of Emblem teams. It's nice that the stamina cost is 0, so now I can freely screw around with my teams until I figure it out. I still don't have a Fire Blessing team though, and I probably won't try building one until I draw a Fire Legendary of some kind. Back to saving up now so hopefully when the next Legendary banner comes I'll have gathered up a few orbs to get Ephraim.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 12, 2018, 04:33:55 AM »
New Calendar is up. Two new New Heroes Banners and not a Special Heroes Banner in sight. I'm alright with this (watch them be nothing but alts...). Other than that though, there's not a whole lot going on. Three quests, no VG, the T_T+ and Grand Conquest, Tappa Tappa Tower, two GHeBs (hi Saias) and a ReBHeB, and whatever Golden Week shenanigans end up as (not that it likely matters since it'll probably remain JP only just like last year's). To hell with the Promos', like hell am I forsaking F2P by now.

Meanwhile, I lol'd at clearing the latest Water Blessed Garden in one try with a team of Fjorm, Delthea, Summer Tiki and Olivia (such an annoying map, especially with Infernal inflated stats). Also cleared a bunch of Elite GHeB quests. Most notably, F. Robin's Calvary quest and both Water and Earth Teams for Legion and Clarrise (it helps a ton that you only need to clear R2 Elite GHeBs on Lunatic and not Infernal like R1's).

As for luck. I completely struck out on Thracia's banner. Freebie was a 3 star Chrom (wrong lord) and the rest were 3 or 4 star jobbers as well (Oscar was the best pull).

Edit: Add Ursula's Armor Emblem quest. Was a total pain in the ass until I remembered that I now am no longer restricted to only Red DC. And thus did Male Grima save Christmas.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 01:03:44 AM by Aeolus »