Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1260 on: July 08, 2018, 09:56:14 AM »
Thanks VG, your multipler bullshit has doomed Magvel and Archanea, as well as altered Jugdral history. Ike was OP enough to ignore that though.

Also Im surprised theyve had the self control to not stick Camilla in a swimsuit for this long tbh

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: July 08, 2018, 10:56:36 PM »
Ike's mistake was being his RD self since Hammer access wasn't as important as having a Res stat was.

As for the silhouettes, the other two were Young Tiki and Takumi. So lol at Camilla, Tiki and Takumi achieving full Emblems at the same time.

New units include
Summer Linde: Dagger Horse, lulz.
Summer Y!Tiki: Red Flying Dragon with Dragonstone Valor.
Scummer Camilla: Blue Tome Flier #4.
Scummer Takumi: Bow Flier #2.

All but Tiki have weapons with Desperation built in and can be inherited. Tiki's Breath grants Dragon Effectiveness & +1 Special Charge when attacked. Edit: Apparently Sketchy Summer Tiki's breath also does the adaptive damage thing, on top of the above. Swap out Atk/Def Bond for Distant Counter and she'll be meaner than fucking M!Grima or Nowi.

New refines include
Titania: 16 Mt Emerald Axe with Res Tactics refine.
Nephenee: Armor Effective Slaying Lance with Spd/Def Stance refine.
Katarina: Owltome++ with Spd/Res Ploy refine.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 12:20:14 PM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: July 09, 2018, 05:41:11 AM »
I'm going to make Takumi emblem happen. I'm a little sad he's sharing a colour (and I wasted 300 orbs on not getting Leo), but atleast it's with Linde and she's looking really cool. I'd love to have them both.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: July 10, 2018, 06:21:46 AM »
Well, I hoped for luck and I got it this time. Freebie pull netted me a 4 star Lon'qu (i.e. trash), then immediately handed me Blue Olwen (+Spd/-Def). Second round of pulls netted me 4 star Nanna (+Res/-Def) and OG Azura (+Def/-Atk; thankfully she's a dancer). At least I didn't have any pity for the pity breakers to break.

But more importantly, that's every Staffbot in the game right now for me, plus every Blue Tome Cavalry, and FE5 dude/ette save for Meister Swartzch The Reinhardt (and getting the other Olwen puts me one waifu closer to winning the game).

Edit: Looked up the next +_+'s bonus units, and my god, I have only MM despite the fact that I have 7 different Summer alts (lol at A!Tiki being the +_+ boss). At least I won't feel bad about continuing to farm July's Summer banner since they account for half of the bonus units (with Summer Tana, Corn and Gaius being the remaining three). Actually, I'm surprised they aren't going with Summer Lucina for the +_+ prize (although I appreciate the +1 merge).

Also, free Orbs for everyone because a couple of people forgot to update to 2.7.0 before pulling on Sketchy Summer.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 09:27:30 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: July 10, 2018, 02:58:21 PM »
I love compensation orbs, so of course I love the dumbasses that earn them for us. I hope we get them soon, because this is going to be one of those 'Will Tamara ever get a Takumi?' kind of months.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: July 11, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »
Got Kagero on my free pull. Way to many of this lady and they still haven't given Poison Dagger a refine so for now I just throw her on a giant pileup of big boobs.

On that note, I gotta say this set of new weapons for the refinery are probably the biggest disappointments by far. A lot of refines in the past changed the way a unit is played in some way, the best ones so far probably being Alm and Lilina (there's other good ones but those are the ones I found the best in actually shifting how a unit is played). This set of refines are just better versions of the base weapon they come with anyway, and Nephenee definitely came out on top within that with the effectiveness to armors, though chances are people would still just go for the +SPD refine over the special refine because I see no point in running her as a pure enemy phase unit. Katarina ploys pretty well with that RES stat but Owltome is honestly kinda bad for her because her DEF is so low that she won't be taking much advantage of it. The biggest disappointment was definitely Titania though- well, the sprite is nice at least, but something to break her out of the mold of being purely a blue counter would've been nice, and the Tactics refine is so restrictive when most people run her on Cavalry teams to get mileage out of her rounded stats. I guess it's to make her pair up well with LIke and take care of everything he fears but I'm guessing lots of people who already had her built are going to stick with a Poleaxe or Slaying Axe they gave her.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: July 12, 2018, 08:44:51 AM »
Takumi-update:

Still no Takumi.

I estimate I have aprox. 226 orbs to use before the end of the banner, so worst case: 45 heroes. The odds of every one of those heroes not being Takumi is 27,86%. It looks a little better if we also consider the heroes I've pulled from the banner this far. Counting those as well, the odds of me not getting a Takumi from the banner are, in the worst case, 12,2%. If you're the glass half full kind of person: that's a 87,8% chance of getting Takumi! However, if you're more of a classic Fire Emblem player, it's more of a 'reach for the reset button because you are going to miss and die' kind of thing.

As for the 5 star units I did get, aka the annoying pity breaking traitors I can't hate:

Genny
She's something dumb like +def and I already have a perfectly okay Genny, so this one is going to be fed to either Elise or Lucius.

Elise:
+ Really needs it, because dealing damage and debuffs/gravity is the only thing she can do. The girl has, I kid you not, 27HP. Wet tissue paper looks at Elise and sighs in relief, because it's so glad it's not that fragile. She does have 36 attack unarmed thanks to a good boon and merge, so hey, she knows how to hurt things! Also she's cavalry, which is another word for 'Teehee, I fuck up people's arena runs'.
- I'm never going to get enough merges to make her the monster she was meant to be.

Lucius:
+ My new merging project!
+ I don't have one with the perfect boon yet, but with or without it, he can be brought to my Elise's level of offensive might
- I already have a perfectly okay infantry wrazzle dazzle healer: Genny.

Opinions are welcome.

Summer Linde
Summer Linde appeared the circle after Genny because she's a good girl who hates to see people sad. She was even kind enough to be +spd, -hp! I'm going to treat her with respect and help her become a terror of the arena.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: July 12, 2018, 06:57:26 PM »
Elise is really good for Gravity+ shenanigans as she has high mobility and decent combat stats (for a staffbot at least) while Lucius is your go to Pain+ bot with his actual Atk stat so going Razzle Dazzle is a good choice. Either way its up to you since there's only one Savage Blow seal.

And on a different note, my time with Thracia continues as the BHeB orbs put me to 20 and resulted in me pulling The Master Sword (+Res/-HP), which now completes my Thracia collection. Strangely enough, this time last year was my game's love affair with Gaiden/Echoes.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: July 12, 2018, 07:28:12 PM »
Elise is the best staffbot in the game with that stat spread along with a pony, but if Lucius is a merge project, Id go with giving him the shiny B skill since building waifu/husbandos is the meta that truly matters. It helps that Lucius has a pretty good stat spread, dumping DEF to spread it with everywhere else.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: July 13, 2018, 06:25:00 PM »
Spent 5 Orbs today and now my Elincia is +1 (the newer one is +Atk/-Spd; compared to my old +Res/-HP one she's the better of the two). At least I'm not wanting for a purge to my pity rate. Moreover, for various reasons of variousness, a number of my project characters are suddenly, and without explanation, set for SP.

On a completely unrelated note, the game's code seems to be turning into spaghetti. It seems like one issue after the next and its getting kinda silly (although I can't complain about the free Orbs they're doling out).

Edit: 5 more Orbs and now Alm (+Spd/-HP) is sitting in my lap. The day that I get Grey, is the day that I wrap up Valentia's available characters.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:56:02 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: July 14, 2018, 10:48:53 AM »
Takumi update:

Last night, I spent an hour going through my finances, cleaned up my entertainment budget, and concluded that I can easily afford to whale for one character.

Of course, that would be dumb and I hate gambling (even spending my free orbs makes me want to barf at times), so I set my budget at 30. It was about time I paid a little for the game I've been enjoying for like 18 months now anyway.

Now I'm the disappointed owner of a Legault. It's a fine Legault, but he's just... not what I hoped for.

That said, I still have 17 orbs left, so I'll get to take another shot tomorrow. Actually, I think I'll let my sister try. I'll be seeing her tomorrow anyway. She doesn't like gambling either, but her luck is absurd. She's the type that will hit the slotmachines once and will then walk away to pay off her car.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: July 15, 2018, 02:17:53 AM »
I'm sorry Tomara, but I've been stealing your luck.

I dropped 9 orbs from my last update and now have ASS Tiki (+Def/-Res, she'll be facetanking Falchion users all goddamn day with her 38 base Def before her Atk/Def Bond and possible sources of Buffs). A 4 star Tharja was the 5 orb expense. In the last 74 Orbs, I've picked up six 5 star units, and its frankly getting kinda screwy (at least it wasn't my sixth pitybreaker in a row).

Also it occurs to me that this +_+ is rather bereft of Green bonus units with a 3, 2, 0, 3 spread over the R/B/G/C spectrum.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: July 15, 2018, 03:29:31 AM »
It's okay, because...

Takumi-update:

I got a Takumi! And the most adorable Tiki was in the same circle!

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: July 15, 2018, 01:03:55 PM »
This +_+ is pretty easy thanks to Flier Emblem + MM healbot, but autobattle pretty much sucks if for no other reason than those Ice stages and how EP oriented they are.

Meanwhile, in 30 Orbs, I've since added Noire and the other Young Tiki to my roster (+Atk/-Res and +HP/-Atk respectfully; too bad Y!Tiki has nothing worth foddering for). I'm now good on June's Summer banner, but I still want at least one more July Summer seasonal.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: July 17, 2018, 06:10:56 AM »
I'm stockpiling orbs again myself. Actually not that interested in any of the new summer units, though I am amused by the blatant powercreep of Camilla vs Corrin, which makes me wonder a bit about the long-term health of the game. I hear power creep in this game is actually incredibly tame by gacha kusomobage standards compared to stuff like FFRK and such though, so I guess most people have much higher tolerances for this sort of thing than I do.

As for falling off the wagon, I've bought a few of the monthly deals they've been doing myself. As far as I know in terms of Orbs they really haven't been any cheaper than the usual price, but spending ~$10 on the game every month doesn't seem too bad if I think of it as being similar to a subscription MMO- I've probably played it about as much as one given how much I play the game on public transport. Anyway with Tomara joining the dark side, FTP torch is yours alone now Aeolus.

Annoyingly, almost all of my chance-pulled summer units from last year or Legendary banners are not bonus units for the ++. Masked Marth was already nearly capped on HM too, but in a twist, one of the Summer Gaiuses I locked in the torture basement of my barracks gets to be vindicated.

Getting Masked Marth yet again is a bore, but a free merge for a cheap Arena Assault Dragon Strangler is at least usable. They got 2 for 3 with the seals too, Flashing Blade and SPD Ploy are nice. Getting another double-stat seal actually would've been nice but they chose like the worst combo possible. HP paired with basically any other stat would be a nice seal to put on popular Infantry Pulse runners like Marisa, Seliph or Bartre, but RES is the one stat none of them need more of. The only imaginable use I can think of it is for a unit that runs Water Boost, but oops- it's locked to Berkut and nobody's going to sacrifice the guy for anything but his Lance.