Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1290 on: August 03, 2018, 05:31:04 PM »
I can't even manage 20 kills most of the time on Lunatic 2 (although not being restricted to my badly needed updating Infantry Brigade would help). I did my usual lance dump at the second to last hour so that I can try for a rush or two, but the addition of Lunatic 2 put a kibosh on that strat since Wailords can outpace my rush through superior returns. The other reason why I don't Lunatic 2 is because its so fucking demoralizing to have to face down Mega Wailord teams with stats jacked through the roof and enough bullshit to all but ensure that you're never turning this around (I had a run where a single unsupported Nowi walked up to my base and nothing could stop her; the best I could do was slow her down until attrition won out in the end).

I imagine if Corrin got a legendary, they'd also simultaneously add a non-Legendary variant of the opposite sex, like they did with Grima (so it'd probably be reversed this time with Male Corrin being legendary and Female Corrin being the non-Legendary). Nohr/Hoshido Noble can use Tome/Staff too, and we have a shortage of both those in our Legendaries.

My weakest team is still fliers though, so with those feathers from round 1 my recent new 5* promote is Michalis. Don't think I want to spend any Mountain Dew on him yet though, but he's pretty good even without it. I guess next in line will probably be Catria, Shanna or Cordelia- it would be nice if they added a 2-range flier that wasn't 5*-locked because I actually really need one of those.

Yeah, they could do that. But what are they going to stick an F!Corrin alt on? She never seems to go evil (just crouch-less pants-on-head stupid), and she didn't win any of the CYL/Runner ups votes. Giving her another seasonal would suck as well since that means we aren't getting one of the two Promoted Corrin forms. And besides, Legendary Male Corrin's gonna be stuck with Swords again since you know he's going to be Hoshido's bitch Noble yet again (because for all of Birthright's faults, at least it doesn't completely rob/protect Corrin of/from their agency like Conquest does; also because Nohr Noble is a whole lot more fanservicey on F!Corrin than Hoshido Noble is).

As for potential flier promotions, Cordelia is one of the best options if you can get +Atk or +Spd on her since she comes with Galeforce (which is still a good special). I just wish her base version didn't have such bad art.

Also they've started the 15 days of blatant money grubbing free pulls, post your disappointments here!

TA: 3* Clair
Vantage: 4* Mathilda
Fury: 4* Marth
Hone Atk: 4* Tharja
QR: 4* Effie (no Reds of course)
L&D: 4* Matthew
Bladetome: 4* Stahl
Threaten DEF: 4* Robin M
Death Blow: 4* Lachesis
Threaten SPD: 4* Gordin
DB: 3* Cain
Wo Bait: 3* Nowi
Refine: 5* Ephraim (+RES -ATK, can't complain about a free 5* I've wanted for awhile now but come on, really?)
Refine 2: 3* Laslow

Also they've started the 15 days of blatant money grubbing free pulls, post your disappointments here!

Day 1: 3* Athena
Day 2: Lute
Day 3: 3* Raven
Day 4: 4* Hana
Day 5: Karel
Day 6: 4* Boey
Day 7: 4* Mae
Day 8: 4* Peri (almost)
Day 9: Hawkeye

Triangle Adept: 4 star Felicia
Vantage: 4 star Mathilda
Fury: 4 star Raigh
Hone Attack: +1 to Sanaki
Quick Riposte: 3 star Henry
Life and Death: 4 star Azama
Bladetome: 4 star Roderick
Threaten Def: 4 star Roderick
Deathblow: 3 star F!Corrin
Threaten Spd: 4 star Felicia
Flier Buff: 4 star Oboro
Deathblow2: 3 star M!Robin
Special +10: 3 star Hinata
Weapon RF: 4 star Lucius (not even a Red or Blue in sight)
Weapon RF2: 3 star Tharja

Looks like Tomara's winning thus far. But hey, I got one (I just wish it was somebody who I didn't already have or had better IVs than). Its Game, Set & Match with a win for Tomara. At least we all got 1 5 star unit, but I can't say for sure whether my pair of Roddericks beats Hathen's brand new unit acquisition, even in the face of suboptimal IVs.

Edit: Picked up an ASSmilla (+HP/-Atk, got some shit outta dat ASS; at least I'm done with the current banners). Also, Hero Fest is back. Hopefully you trained up your Wrys' to 5 star Level 40, lol.

Edit 2 and the Temple of Doom. I feel like I entirely forgot about Forging Bonds and their daily orbs over the last day or two. Given how much GCN's been taking up my time and focus, along with the 1.5 anniversary, I feel that running multiple events concurrently is a really fucking stupid idea (especially when one's debuting and another just received a sizable overhaul) and the devs failed to implement a good enough notification system. It doesn't help that I otherwise cleared it days ago since I was pouring one out every time a better than 1.0 multiplier came along as well as spending just enough stamina during 1.0 multipliers to not have a full bar until the multiplier updated.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 08:14:20 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 06, 2018, 09:09:20 AM »
All I want is a Leo. Just a regular Leo. I don't even care about his bane or boon. I just want one.

Guess what 5 star I got as a free summon on the QR3 banner?

That's right, it was Karel.

That makes the list:

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 07, 2018, 02:34:42 AM »
I'm beginning to really loathe and despise this time/effort sinkhole.

They REALLY need to burn Infernal 2 to the fucking ground and then salt the goddamn earth afterwards.

Like I can actually win that mode with my Mounted Emblem team with full goddamn marks. But its still absolutely not worth taking 8 minutes to do, nor winning said battle only to have those 16000 points vanish into the aether because in the time it took for that one winning run, half-a-dozen Wailords came along and burned everything to the fucking ground, leaving you with 8 less minutes of your life, and +10 points to your blood pressure going both ways.

Even the in-army ranking bonus ain't worth dogshit since you still have to interact with Infernal 2 which is just straight up unacceptable.

Meanwhile, I'm loving the fact that a completely unsupported Air Nino can fucking oneround my perfect IVs with full Emblem buffs Necromancer Eirika in the training tower. No anti-Triangle, no Panic, no Galeforce or Dancers. Just straight up powercreep (which makes sense because Karla of all the fucking characters powercrept Ayra in that same banner).

Additionally, the next seasonal is, wait for it....a Hot Springs edition! Featuring who else, but Fates' Ryoma and Xander (Xander's at least getting his Xander Emblem finally, while Ryoma is finally catching up to the Fates Royals' minimum alts requirement).

I'm beginning to really despise this game in general. All of the modes that currently exist suck to some serious extent. Even Tempest Trials because I had to give up on competing for any of the extra feathers from that mode a long time ago. And with the above powercreeping going on, there's no real point to building up budget units anymore since most have just straight up fallen off unless they were cancerous to begin with.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 07, 2018, 03:39:49 AM »
Right now my biggest problem is still that it feels like there's a lack of meat to the content. Forging Bonds has some potential for the future but they need to start making more cross-game interactions for any of the conversations to be worth reading. They should really take some notes from Banpresto, some of their crappy fanfic-tier splurging is still more interesting than what we get in this game.

That and there's no New Heroes banner in sight on the calendar, meaning no new story chapters to laugh at the incompetence.

Generally speaking the only budget units I still use only get to shine in Arena Assault, where you know your opponents ahead of time and pick specific counter-builds to them. So a TA unit, often with a corresponding breaker. Effective weapons are good for obvious reasons, and so are Firesweep units since they bypass all the bullshit steady breath builds people stick on dragons and armors. Sometimes lopsided-stat units like Clive or Summer Leo can get the job done too. In most other modes these units are too specialized to contribute to a balanced team/brigade.

As for GC results, I actually lost track of time and ended up not using ~10 spears. I already hit rank 25 though so I just missed out on maybe 500 feathers or something. Oh well. Honestly I'd just forget the extra chump change feathers after capping rank if you find the mode too aggravating, I personally do get some amusement out of trying to beat stupidly OP whale teams since I'm a hack who beats all the PvE content with my +10 Nino 5 minutes after it comes out.

Anyway this time I was too distracted finishing up Radiant Dawn. Gotta say I'm not a fan of how the story pans out in Part 4- I would've much preferred they spent a lot more time developing the conflicts in Parts 1-3, felt like they could've gotten a ton more mileage out of that (except the one stupid plot device that drives the conflict, I feel there probably could've been a more natural way for it to happen). That and Micaiah ends up feeling like a third wheel in Part 4 when I was under the impression she was supposed to be the star of the game.

Also in addition to not getting any freebie 5*s from our daily benners yet, I also got the wrong armor from the Fighter skills banner (4* Sheena). I might've been tempted to actually spend a few orbs if Hardin wasn't sharing his color with a unit I have a +10 and then some of.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 07, 2018, 07:15:58 PM »
The two main problems I have with Radiant Dawn is that it tries to cover way more ground than it can afford to, and that Ike basically takes over once the A-Team shows up and never lets go. For the former, as much as I enjoyed seeing Elincia's idyllic monarchy nearly come crashing down around her, she and her Knights barely even exist afterwards. Her chapters could've been handled in a BS situation no worse for wear, which would've afforded more breathing room for the Dawn Brigade or the Laguz Emancipation League (moar liek 'Laguz Omancipation League', lol). For the latter though, the fact that you can have Ike bring a Hammer to his final showdown with Zelguis does the best job of framing Ike's role in the story and Chapter 4 in general (in that all this special bullshit isn't as necessary as IntSys wants it to be).

The Bloodpacts bullshit was also incredibly stupid, but they probably weren't going to do much better no matter how time they'd devote to that. One of my big fears with Three House is with the silted localization/discarding character traits for bad jokes the handling of the potential conflict between the titular trio of residences.

Another beef was third tier promotions since the second tier is your usual GBA +4~10 cap increase with class specific promotion gains, but then third tier just slaps another +4~10 on everything but Luck (some Luck caps go down even), which leads to a lot of inflation and disparity between core stats and dump stats, and not much room to not abuse BExp (and then it turns out that the cap buffs weren't enough for most characters anyways since the Spd power creep was real there too).

But yeah. With FEH, right now Seasonals are the best thing going contentwise which is fucking dire since A) they don't really add anything to the characters who get them, and B) they're way too focused on Fateswakening MCs who need the least amount of fleshing out to begin with.

I wouldn't be so down on GCN if it weren't for the fact that I was on the team with only 3 territories to its name in the final round (and only because some of the other players finally woke up and played it for a bit) and did pretty badly for the rest as well. It got really disgusting the turn before that last one where one team knocked out 14 territories, including the 3 I had been working on holding. Hell, my team never held more than 12 territories at once (and one time while holding 9 territories, another team holding 10 territories got an added 1500 base defense bonus compared to our unmodified 5000). And from what I've been hearing, I'm not alone in this experience.

The sheer disparity between Infernals 1 & 2's points, coupled by the fact that brigade comps can get outrageously out of hand through friend units and further jacked stats, which in turn raises the bar needed to clear said difficulty level against well established brigades, means that a team with players who can run Infernal 2 quickly and efficiently enough will outperform everyone else, every time.

I also wouldn't be so down on GCN if the feathers weren't the big reward for the mode (the 17 Orbs are nice enough, if not enough for a full pull; but the 30 Pop Rocks, 30 Forge Coins, 200 Badges and 100 Great Badges aren't the most lucrative rewards going; a high rank in the AA can get you the same amount of the former in two or three weeks and the Tower can provide the rest easily enough). The way its structured now, its like if VGs started making it so that the majority of your incoming feathers came from your team's victory instead of just the 500 it is now, and that you were randomly assigned a team instead of being able to pick one (not that this changes much compared to what VGs do now with its Blue Turtleshell strats dominating the mode).

Edit: The earlier RD derail was timely because the remaining two Hotsprings seasonals are Micaiah and Elincia. And they're all dancers again. Also Elincia, Ryoma and Xander are Dagger units, while Miccy's a Red Tome user and nobody's sharing a Color either. Also also they're power creeping the goddamn dancers again (we haven't even gotten a Torrent Dance 2 or 3 yet goddammit; this is Thoron+ all over again). Also also also, look at all those effective damage Daggers (Poison Dagger+ forge when devs?).
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 10:49:36 PM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 08, 2018, 04:38:01 AM »
Colored daggers. Guess it was obvious the moment they changed the text on Daggerbreaker a few months back. At least they're not restricting it to only Legendary units for no reason. Honestly I think colored daggers/bows were a good idea on paper just because of just how many goddamn potential bow/dagger units there are spread throughout the series (if they could somehow split swords into several categories that would've been nice too, but I doubt that'll happen- though daggers will leech some of those away at least aka almost all non-Tellius and Fates Thieves). They need to hurry up and introduce some to the common pool already, and it's an easy way to make what might otherwise be a passover unit at least in some way unique- Legault really should've been a colored dagger (and those new Summer Colorlesses could've been colored too). Moving forward they could make Lara a red dagger dancer or Wolt a Green Archer, etc.

Anyway I'd say Micaiah is the big win this time if you want to keep the unit (any why wouldn't you), but they did make sure colorless was still attractive to pull by giving Xander a ridiculously attractive SI loadout. All those daggers are nice to inherit, but Xander also simultaneously offers Close Counter, and if you don't want that, QR3, which you can prime for using 4* Subaki. Daggers have effective damage on basically everything except flying now, which I guess would be an interesting niche to offer them over bows, but given how Kitty Paddle is still stuck on a seasonal I'm guessing these won't be any different.

Although I guess the most important thing here is that this art confirms Ryoma has a normal head shape and does not in fact have a deformed chin and eldritch flesh-horns to fit that mask he normally wears.

As for our mini-RD discussion- I gotta say the game's story reminded me a lot of Suikoden 3. The interpersonal and political conflicts are what really drew me into the story, and I would've taken a game that was just that and nothing else, instead of winding up with the final act being in crazy typical JRPG team-up to fight-the-almighty and ugly=evil people.

I honestly don't think the Blood Pact contrivance was necessary- you could actually have a pretty morally complex conflict given the tensions that have to exist between Daein and Crimea by the end of PoR and Daein being left in ruins. Instead the story is completely written so that Micaiah has to make all the hard decisions and Ike gets to be the squeaky clean Radiant Hero throughout.

Gameplay-wise, I gotta say RD's a bit uneven. It's possibly the worst balanced Fire Emblem game in terms of unit strength disparity. I don't actually consider that a huge flaw because it's pretty much in service to the story instead of just being that way for no reason (sucks that the Dawn Brigade got like 0 character development though). The only non-forced beginner units I used endgame were Meg (who really didn't do much) and Ilyana (who was actually really fucking terrible through most of the run but Rexbolt was pretty great to have on the dragon map). The game seems designed around the assumption you're going to pick every single broken Laguz Royal plus the Greil Mercenaries because I can't imagine beating the final bosses using too many of the Dawn Brigade or any of the shitty royal knights bar Finn Geoffery (I even transferred PoR data for Astrid but she was still unsalvageable).

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 08, 2018, 08:46:16 AM »
Another issue with Radiant Dawn was the lack of supports/character interaction, which was made all the worse by all the cut supports from PoR and the unlocalized Hard Mode Convos in RD. Thus you have characters like the Crimea trio (Geoffrey, Lucia and Bastion), who do nothing but barely exist across two games despite their potential significance to what's going on (Bastion especially given his role in bringing Renning back from the 'dead', along with his other Spymaster bullshit involving calling the Ike-Team and Volke; also the Renning reveal was such a non-sequitur despite being a two game 'Tomato in the Mirror' moment since the only time you hear about the guy is in one of PoR's introductory stages; Lucia as well since she actually spends a whole lot of screentime being on the screen, and not contributing anything worthwhile since the focus is usually on Elincia or Ike while also having no real depth to her character due to having almost no actual gameplay time (with what you do get being almost Karla levels of sad); although Geoffrey is likely straight up unsalvageable due to being a boring military commander who somehow has weaker shipping potential to Elincia than his own sister).

The Laguz Royals are also a major problem gameplay wise since they're all so ridiculously powerful (yes, even Naesala is comparatively a shitwrecker compared to most other Tellius units) and basically overshadow everyone not named Ike (but especially the other Laguz who are little more than weaker variants of the Royals with far more caveats further throttling their value) which leaves all those characters you've spent hours leveling up 30+ times left on the bench. It doesn't help that you get half a dozen of them dropped into your lap for the endgame (Tibarn, Naesala, Skrimir, Naliah, Griffica, Caineghis) with a half dozen more plot important characters (i.e. Ike, Miccy, Sothe, Sanaki, Ena, Kurthnaga, and only one Heron) shoved into your party on top of a few more 11th hour supra units outta nowhere (Stefan, Renning, Volke, Nasir, Gareth; Pelleas and Lehran in the Second Quest) leaving almost no room for anybody that you might've liked.

The only thing the Blood Pact actually accomplishes is making everyone involved with it look really fucking stupid. Either Izuka or Lekain could've easily found a more effective way to screw over Pelleas given how weak/incompetent he ends up being, and they wrote off Miccy's seer powers anyways so keeping her in the dark or simply in a position where she can't put the pieces together on her own would've done the same thing (albeit with fewer unnecessary warcrimes, which they ended up writing off with 'BLOOD PACT!' anyways).

Frankly, if I were to take a crack at it. I'd write it that at the start of Part 3, Pelleas gets duped by either Izuka or Lekain into going off on an envoy of peace or something to the Laguz coalition but have him walk into a Begnion trap and die instead (or alternatively, play into Daein's fantasy racism and have Pelleas go half cocked into a doomed expedition against a far more united Laguz coalition than he was led to believe existed). Miccy learns of his death and is led to believe that it was Ike and his A-Team alike's antics that got him killed, thus leaving her to pursue Ike and crew on a quest for vengeance. Sothe would openly oppose the idea and Miccy could still harbor doubts, but must take action anyways due to Daein loosing another leader so soon after their own emancipation from Begnion with her own role as the effective leader of the military/liberator being the onus for her and the Dawn Brigade's involvement. With her seer powers, her role in Chapter 3 would serve as a constantly untimely hassle to the Ike Team with Soren having to actually struggle to plan around while also fighting key Begnion forces. Eventually the Dawn Brigade and the Greil Mercenaries finally square off, but before any real damage is done, a third party interjects (hi Elincia) with the truth of the matter (hello Bastian) and thus Miccy ends up joining Team Ike for the endgame (or at least goes home to wait for the Armageddon Code to activate).

Granted this doesn't really address the Phoenicis massacre or Naesala's betrayal/blood pact, but the base game kinda glossed that one over to begin with and simply implying that Phoenicis wasn't that large to start with could alleviate that narrative burden (especially since all it takes was one representative member from each country getting into a prolonged fight with each other to trigger the Armageddon Code (dammit Kurthnaga), and nobody really needed to twist Tibarn's arm into fighting).

But anyways, FEH... Yep, those sure are some colorful Daggers. Unfortunately, they've been kinda bad about getting color diversity to Archers so I don't expect them to be any better at it with Daggers. Especially since they've also nerfed the hell out of Bow/Daggerbreaker by making them Colorless specific. What is important is that assuming that this is FE10's Queen Elincia that's getting alt'd here (much like Sanaki's FE9's version getting her Bridal seasonal alt), every game in the series now has full color representation. Unfortunately, the specter of CYL2 is looming large at this point, so I'm not going to go too wild on this banner.

Edit: Looking at their stats, Miccy has a dire Spd cap, and Xander is competing with Zephiel for lowest goddamn Spd (and with Kagero for highest Dagger Atk). Yikes! Elincia's the worst statline wise though since she has Spd and 'master-of-none' everything else. Micaiah's the best though despite dat Spd since she can still run Ploys with her large Res and her sizable Atk and Red Thani tome lets her nuke most Horses/Armors.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 10:17:40 PM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 10, 2018, 07:33:03 AM »
I'm honestly not a fan of the whole coloured bow/dagger thing (it breaks the breaker skills, damnit!), but I can't skip a banner that's 100% dancers, features Tellius units, has an hilarious Xander alt (they keep finding new and creative ways to humilate him), and so on and so on.

But first, the list:

Day 6: 4* Boey
Day 7: 4* Mae
Day 8: 4* Peri (almost!)
Day 9: Hawkeye

I'm pretty sure FEH likes me again, because I also got the new Ryoma and Elincia within 50 orbs, my very first Ares (+atk, -res!) and a really nice Tailtiu (+spd, -def). I'm going to continue pulling until I get another 5 star. It'd be great if its one of the focus units, but frankly, if Leo suddenly popped up and pity broke me, I'd probably buy a cake to celebrate, so... Yeah.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 10, 2018, 08:17:55 AM »
The breaker thing wouldn't be a big deal if they weren't so stingy on making new colored daggers/bow for no discernible reason, because once the pool for those types of units is large enough colored bow/daggerbreaker skills would probably be about as useful as the tomebreakers (of course Blue Tomebreaker still isn't in the summoning pool a year and a half into the game so that should say plenty about how well they have this planned out). There's so many potential bow/dagger characters from the franchise that if they added them all as colorless the list would just be bloated (not as bad as swords probably, but still).

I put about 125 orbs into the banner and got pitybroken by Exalted Chrom, who was -ATK of course. I should really stop falling for any and all seasonal banners because it'd probably be much more worth it to just wait for a Legendary banner with the unit I want. At least I was pitybroken by a 5* exclusive I didn't already have I suppose.

Anyway I didn't get any Hinatas along the way so I could kill them to lower my blood pressure either, but I did get another Athena (Wo Dao is always welcome) and a second bad IV Ares, which is just as well since The Fonse's refine just came out and he wants that Brazen ATK/DEF. Also got a +SPD -DEF Morgan, +SPD -HP Roy, and a +SPD -RES Tharja, which are all pretty nice IVs so they in the line for promotion at some point I guess.

EDIT: Oh yeah there's a new calendar too apparently, with two new hero banners on the horizon. Micaiah+Sothe BHB and this recent inclusion of Tellius on this seasonal does seem to suggest that we might get some more RD for the one this month, and it'd be nice to actually have some RD characters instead of just Burger King taking his helmet off. Of course nothing's stopping them from adding another-another alt for Zelgius in his red armor this time I suppose.

Unfortunately I doubt Laguz will be coming, if they were they'd probably do a whole Feh Channel about it. Besides, for beasts they'll probably add about 3 different versions of Selkie before we get anything from Tellius.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 08:24:54 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 10, 2018, 04:51:58 PM »
I'm betting that second new character banner is our CYL2 banner. It'll come out a week after the 1st year anniversary of the original CYL banner's release which was August 31st. As for our first new character banner, I just hope it isn't even more Fateswakening characters (hell, we're running out of Gen 1ers for both games and we've been digging into the Gen 2s and Awakening's Gen Xers).

Also, it just occurred to me that CYL's alts were mostly based upon the characters' fathers (Lucina and Lyn not so much), but the running theme of CYL2's characters would likely be the presence of siblings (Hector has Uther, Celica has Conrad, Ephraim has Eirika and Veronica has Bruno).

As for pulls, I've had no luck on 5 stars with the latest one thus far. Although I did pull another Tailtiu and Soleil and a 3 star Eliwood for my +5/+5/+5 Arena team core (along with a bunch of crap like 3 star Ests). I also picked up a 4 star Hawkeye from the Dancer Banner because why not?

As for the Colored Daggers, hopefully the presence of Kaze and these new effective damage Daggers indicate the dev's willingness to proliferate more/better Effective Damage Daggers, be they Colored or Colorless. And I keep hoping that they'll do the right thing and make Julian a Red Dagger (and also include Lena, Nyna and Elice just so that we can have every SO to an important endgame PC from Mystery).

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 12, 2018, 04:04:14 AM »
Yay, I got three out of four festival dancers within 150 orbs! I'll stop here, because the one missing is Micaiah and my track record for sniping reds is a complete disaster. Out of all my reds, there are only a few I actively tried to summon and got: Athena, Fallen Celica, Legendary Ryoma and Summer Leo. All the others are happy little accidents that I got off-banner as pity breakers (Alm, Lucina, Lyn, Eirika on a pony, Brave Roy and so many more), almost-freebies in circles with the focus unit I wanted (Karel stalked Hinoka, Summer Tiki showed up together with Summer Takumi because of course they did!) and free summons on random banners (Saber, Ike, Tharja, an extra Celica and Karel). Fortunately, I do have reasonably good luck with Legendary Banners, which is where I got Halloween Nowi and Winter Tharja from. So for now, I'll wait for another opportunity.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 13, 2018, 04:58:41 AM »
And once again I find myself in the middle of our spread of luck in that it only took me 75 Orbs to get pity broken by +Spd/-Atk Male Morgan (also got a 4 star Libra out of it so its not a bad turn out), but its' gonna be awhile before I can pull again.

That said, I'm loling at the fact that we're getting more worldbuilding from FEH than from Fates in regards to Fateslanta.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 14, 2018, 08:59:11 AM »
Expanding on Askr/Nifl/Muspell lore via Fates lore seems ill-advised, but I guess the generic "cuz dragons" backstory is the most they can really relate to at this point as opposed to a Christmas Julius talking about the wonders of having a death cult rule or Summer Soren talk about the rightful place of subhumans.

Anyway not wasting any more orbs myself, I'll go back to saving for Lector for now and just wait for Micaiah to show up on a Legendary banner in a few months. My odds will probably be about the same there anyway given that this is a 4-Focus banner and she's Red. Not to mention I'll probably get a lot more free random 5*s in the process on one (Overlapping with LIke or Lyoma means it'd be hard to get a losing roll too).

+_+ is here again and the maps are a marathon of all the final maps from previous Tempests. Without their respective asshole bosses they're not nearly as hard, but with 7/8 bonus units being swords autobattling will probably not be as effective as usual.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 14, 2018, 04:30:50 PM »
Summer Soren talk about the rightful place of subhumans.

That sounds more like a 'drunk Shinon at a summer bbq' kind of thing. Summer Soren would probably be basically Summer Leo but with fewer tomatoes and more glaring.

My odds will probably be about the same there anyway given that this is a 4-Focus banner and she's Red.

It's 2.55% (current chance) versus 2,30% (based on the last Legendary Banner), so yeah, not much of a step back.

+_+ is here again and the maps are a marathon of all the final maps from previous Tempests. Without their respective asshole bosses they're not nearly as hard, but with 7/8 bonus units being swords autobattling will probably not be as effective as usual.

6/8, actually. Not that it's much of an improvement.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 15, 2018, 01:06:05 AM »
Somebody, get Reddit on the line. We're finally getting one of those questionnaires that used to be Japan only, and the first question involves asking "How many Ice Pillars strike Surtr's Spirit Bomb in Book 2's opening movie?" A.(17) B.(27) or C.(37)

That's not the kind of question I was hoping to test my mettle on.

(Looking at the actual video on my phone, its either 'B' or 'C' since 17 is way too few (unfortunately, the phone version hides several of those ice pillars just off screen, along with foreground hogging pillars blocking most of what should be visible; plus there's a fucking bunch from outta nowhere staying almost completely off screen until the very last half-second), my guess would be 'B'.)

Edit: PS'A': CYL2 will be starting tomorrow so make sure to pick your freebie OG Brave tonight because the old selection will be gone tomorrow.

Edit: 'B' was the correct answer for the first question. Question 2 asks "Which Hector has the tallest battle sprite?". My guess is 'C' because while I don't have Vector, Lector is fucking huge compared to Hector, its almost a joke (he's almost a full head taller).

Edit: 'C' was the correct answer for the second question. Question 3 asks "Which dragonstone is used for Great Flame attack?". 'B' is the correct answer for this one for certain since 'A' is Breath of Fog and 'C' is Summer Breath. Hell, if you don't believe me, just check Chapter 4-4 Book II. As for the latest Grandmaster Tactics Drill, this one wasn't so bad and fell into place for me once
Spoiler: show
I sent Elincia downward at the start.

Edit: 'D' I mean 'B' was the correct answer for the third question. Question 4 asks "What weapons do Marth and Caeda hold during their B rank support cutscene?". 'C' is the correct answer for this one since all B support rank cutscenes default to showing characters with their Iron tier weapon (incidentally, no other support rank even has weapons). I was able to verify this with my Eliwood and his waifu Ursula. :V Also, I managed to finally pull white dancer Xander (also also, what the hell is wrong with his arm?), but he's likely to turn into Close Counter fodder if I pull another one of him since he's +Res/-Def.

Edit: 'E' gadd!  'C' was the correct answer for the fourth question. And yet, how can so many people get such a simple question so goddamn wrong?....is what I would say if I wasn't so painfully aware of just how god awful the American Education System really is. Anyways, question 5 asks "Which of these three maps plays the opening theme to FE1?". 'B' is the correct answer because it and all the other special training maps are the only ones thus far that use fucking chiptune music. Anyways, rumor has it that we're going to start seeing Legendary Map repeats starting with F!Grima. Rumor also has it that we're going to start seeing Infernal+ difficulty levels at around the same time.

Edit: 'F' ing hell. 'B' was the correct answer for the fifth question. But again we're way under the 73% mark for a question that's a fucking no brainer. I'm betting there's some trolling going on because otherwise Americans somehow fucking suck at cheating (the Internet is right goddamn there people). This next question is legit hard though (since it requires two seasonals and a GHeB to verify), but my *cough*guess*cough* is 'A' because a little birdie showed me this image that shows a bunch of randomly collected images found on a particular website. At any rate, time to get your Orbs ready, because CYL2 is coming to town. Its still a bit too soon for 3.0 but between this and the previous edit's comment on Infernal+ difficulty, that we're due for another powercreepening.

Edit: 'G' and I was afraid they weren't going to powercreep enough. 'A' was the correct answer for the sixth question. Question Seven asks "By how much would unrefined Askr trio kick the asses of their refined armed selves?" 'C' is the answer because the question is bullshit and just assume that you're better than any refine buff. As for the CYL2 announcement, highlights include. Hot: Hidari OG Celica, Powercreeped Staffbot, Bruno and Uther costumes. Not: Axeless Hector, Deathblow 4, Distant Counter+, Whale fodder Sordlord, More stupid Armor powercreeping, Fado costume (I was hoping for an Eirika costume for Ephraim). Its not quite six star rarity, but its close enough. And the latest GHeB has been leaked and its fucking Jamke? I guess I now have an idea as to who will be showing up for early September's new character banner.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 12:42:40 AM by Aeolus »