Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1320 on: September 06, 2018, 09:58:23 AM »
I use Morgan M as my example for a demoted PRF weapon not just because he's relatively recent, but honestly, the ones we got at launch were mostly hot garbage, even after accounting for the massive power creep since then. A few of them were good like Falchion or Durandal, but shit like Tyrfing and Fujin Yumi were so awful they were basically just Silver Weapons. As a general rule they seem to give PRFs to units they aren't planning on demoting, but then again that might just be a coincidence since more than 2/3 of new units don't get demoted anyway.

Anyway I'm on Team Lyn since the CYL banner screwed me over and I'm too lazy to pick a less obvious choice. I'm actually surprised how popular Veronica is- well, I guess being on a pony gives her an advantage but honestly I was surprised she won the CYL poll to begin with. Yeah she's a cute loli girl and that gets votes on its own with this fanbase, but beating out actual characters just left me scratching my head.

Ares actually has Brazen ATK/DEF for the Fonze and other beefcake units, but either way yeah, Celica's refine is absurd. We do have Linus for a relatively easy-access Brazen ATK/SPD but I've always been averse to eating limited units like that.

RIP in peace for anyone who inherited Brave Axe+ onto Cherche. A boring choice for her new weapon but I guess if it ain't broke.

Odin's weapon is kinda disappointing, both in terms of fixing him and in terms of creativity. I guess you can do some Link skill shenanigans in his B slot and make him a weird support/combat unit but I don't think anyone will be better at that than Brave Veronica anytime soon.

Also manuals let me free literally hundreds of spaces from my barracks instantly. Because you can even redeem the manuals for feathers on top of the aforementioned skills/merge availability there's basically no reason whatsoever to not just convert all your bad IV pulls to one immediately from now on. I doubt we'll reach 800 characters before the game dies so I'm probably safe to never buy any space ever again.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: September 06, 2018, 12:07:29 PM »
Yeah, I probably should've done more on the fact checking side. I don't know why I keep thinking Ares has Brazen Atk/Spd. He's a goddamn mount for crying out loud. They never get as much Spd as everyone else does because the Devs still hate horses from their initial gamebreaking status (and hell, Ares was right there for a better example of a Prf bearing demotee to boot).

I feel that Veronica's popularity mostly stems from just how overexposed everyone else is (and just how busted she is). Everyone else has at least two other alts currently, and with exception of Celica and Roy, one of those alts is also a Legendary for another level of busted. It probably also helps that she was from the better written part of the game. :V

Its also kinda amusing since Roy is currently the second least celebrated of these CYL units (he only makes the 3 versions because one is that shitty Bow Knight Valentine Seasonal) and is in the dumpster match between him and Ephraim. Kinda emphasizes just how much love FE6 has been getting in FEH so far.

Edit: Congrats on your 500 feathers in your Hat-hen. Hope you don't mind me joining you for round 2 as we get run down together by Veronica. Meanwhile, on the other end of the VG, is a Greg Chun off (incidentally, I hope that Befraim wins; I tend to find Ike fans far more insufferable than anyone else in FE right now).

On a completely unrelated note Special Spirals 1 & 2 give '-1 to cooldown count before or during combat you initiate' and '-1 to cooldown count before or during combat' respectfully. Freebie pull was a Barst Reposition fodder, first orb spending pull was a crappy Lewyn (+Def/-Atk; unless he's enough of a proto-Wind God that the dimished Atk and extra sturdiness somehow turns out to be a long term benefit, this is the next to worst timeline). Didn't even manage to get a non-worthless Clair outta the rest of the blue fodder. The silver lining is that I now have someone to take with me into the upcoming +_+ other than Jamke (and more Reposition).

As for the silly plot update: Localized Noba/Nova/non-shit Eda Alt's name is now Njörun. Meanwhile Ethlyn has Fear/Fear+, Physic/Physic+ and will either have Spd/Def Bond or Live to Serve as her skill(s?). Also what a nice way to use waste Verdane's BGM on these Muspell tilesets. And oh look,
Spoiler: show
we're finally at the payoff to that Chekov's Gun that fucking everybody saw get mounted months ago. Alas, poor Helbindi. We hardly knew ye sister.
Will our FE heroes save Veronica and Laevatein? (Spoilers: yes and no respectfully.)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 06:22:50 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: September 07, 2018, 07:24:32 AM »
Usually when you go try to turn people against each other there's some kind of purpose to it. There didn't seem to be any purpose to it this time because she just turned around and handed you directions to where you're going anyway. I guess you can say she just enjoys it given her name, but it just comes off as lazy writing like usual. Anyway I think it's pretty obvious setup for Angry Axeman and Veronica to join the good guys. I actually don't think Alolan Severa will die, but Camus with boobs tragically will.

I'm fine with most localization changes for Genealogy so far since they're actually pretty cool mythological references (Erinys/Super Iuchar Bros. being the best ones so far), although there does seem to be a lack of consistency for which mythology they draw from, but I guess you could say that's in the spirit of how a lot of JRPGs use Western mythos. Also I don't get why they continue to skip over Girl of the Spirit Forest for BGM selections, that was probably the best song from that game (of course it would've been a much better choice for the first Genealogy banner given the characters they added there).

I put about 80 orbs into the banner and sniped Green before I came out with Lewyn. The -ATK curse continues with me, although for me he also came with +SPD so at least he'll be going sanic fast.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: September 07, 2018, 04:29:51 PM »
Usually when you go try to turn people against each other there's some kind of purpose to it. There didn't seem to be any purpose to it this time because she just turned around and handed you directions to where you're going anyway. I guess you can say she just enjoys it given her name, but it just comes off as lazy writing like usual. Anyway I think it's pretty obvious setup for Angry Axeman and Veronica to join the good guys. I actually don't think Alolan Severa will die, but Camus with boobs tragically will.

I'm fine with most localization changes for Genealogy so far since they're actually pretty cool mythological references (Erinys/Super Iuchar Bros. being the best ones so far), although there does seem to be a lack of consistency for which mythology they draw from, but I guess you could say that's in the spirit of how a lot of JRPGs use Western mythos. Also I don't get why they continue to skip over Girl of the Spirit Forest for BGM selections, that was probably the best song from that game (of course it would've been a much better choice for the first Genealogy banner given the characters they added there).

I put about 80 orbs into the banner and sniped Green before I came out with Lewyn. The -ATK curse continues with me, although for me he also came with +SPD so at least he'll be going sanic fast.

To be fair, FE4 was a hodgepodge of Western (the majority being Nordic/Celtic) mythologies to begin with (continent being a rebranded Yggdrasil; Cuan from Lenster with the Gae Bolg, Ira being Latin for Wrath, Lachesis of the Three Fates (surprised we STILL don't have a Clotho in this series somewhere), you even recruit a General named Hanibal while crossing the mountainous region of Thracia, and so on).

One of the neat things about the earlier FE games was just how themed certain Continents were (Archanea had a mostly Greco-Roman thing going on, Jugdral being of the aforementioned Nordic/Celtic bent, Ebile having an Arthurian/Charlemagne era France vibe to it; and then Magvel onward moves away from all of that for less specific flavors, until we hit the nadir of Fates and its "Maybe they're supposed to be Germanic, but who cares when they're up against Glorious Nihon").

As for plot predictions, I suspect that all of our Book 2 OCs will die by the end of this (Loki aside because she still doesn't quite count). I still think Ylgr will end up getting Sacrificed, but Veronica will be saved, which leads to Laevatien getting thrown into the vat to take her place, but Hrid will sacrifice himself to fuck something up to prevent the ritual from completing, and with Surtr's cheat codes off, he'll finally get doused. Helbindi will go on a rampage as will Laegjam once her immouto immolates herself and both will likely need to get put down during the mid-chapters. Finally once everyone else is toast or on ice, Fjorm's *COUGH* will evolve again and she'll drop dead at the very end.

Then we all wait for Book 3 in the Adventures of Alfonse and The Summoner where Sharena will be played by a sock puppet and Anna's cameos will completely cease with her name removed from the credits due to contract negotiations falling through (and nobody will notice the difference).

(As for superior FE4 tracks, I consider Part 1 Map Melody to be the best of Geneology's tracks, but given what it plays for, I'll accept Girl of the Spirit Forest as the best available BGM for FEH. Although a strong case could also be made for Doors of Destiny.)

Edit: Welp. Now that I'm officially out of characters to support, its finally time to join team Veronica. I don't know what that 'please pay attention to after this VG' is for, but I suspect it'll either be an accessory or a reason to finally pick someone from my CYL2 freebie.

As for Relay Defense, if Tier 4 skills weren't indication enough of an upcoming 6 star rarity hike when 3.0 hits, this would be. Because man alive did they walk back Rival Domains to a point where its now straight up worse for everybody (to the point of being worse garbage than Garbage Club and Vote Gaming combined; even the Whales are complaining). Now we have a biweekly mode that:
- Now requires Stamina to run
- Offers actually worse rewards (I mean the difference is just 50 Great Badges versus 500 Universal Shards, but thanks to Combat Manuals, Shards/Crystals just got devalued to almost worthless; although Badges/Great Badges haven't been as much of a problem as when the Seal Forge was introduced; then again, the sheer amount of effort needed from the higher difficulty stages alone massively devalues everything past stage 4)
- Has TWO Abyssal difficulty levels on top of three Infernals (with said difficulty coming in the form of increasingly inflated stats with RD 8 clocking in at +50 HP & +12 Atk/Spd/Def/Res for fucking everybody)
- Features smaller maps (and at stage 3 and above, all enemies that don't specifically have a healing support ability now have Pivot, just for shits and giggles)
- Is 5 v 12 compared to 8 v 8
- Has an added gimmick of forcing you to swap teams every two turns (so don't think you can just choke a point with some kind of Great Wall or something, because they'll be whisked away in two turns)
- No longer offers HM (of course)

Meanwhile we still don't have a new calendar yet (and chances are we won't be until Late September/October to hide the fact that we won't be seeing any new Seasonal banners until October since the next one is the Halloween themed one).

Edit Too: Nevermind. It was just a few days late (probably on account of the earthquake). Kinda interesting on how we have two new character banners coming in the next month (and its gonna be the better part of a month before the Halloween banner which means that the next Legendary banner is where I go to dump my Orbs). I guess the devs took our complaints about early 2018's altpocalypse seriously. That being said, speculation is suggesting that the next banner is likely a Fates related one.

Edit Returns: The lesson from this VG is to never not merc for feathers. Ever. I hope whatever Ephraim gets is worth it because it cost me 2100 Feathers.

Edit Again:

The only way this would've been funnier is if they had someone else on the drums (Hardin belongs on the mike axe, doing his best Freddy Mercury impression). Aggrezura when AltSys?

Edit Forever: Next banner trailer is up. I was expecting Fates to get the one after this, but nope. So next up are Flora, Silas, Nina and Ophelia. Also Garon for the next GHeB (can't wait to throw him at Surtr). Silas is almost assuredly getting demoted to Repo fodder (and will hopefully make Steady Breath inheritance easier), Ophelia is going to be fast friends with Special Spiral Tome users, Bow Valor Nina exists, and Flora is hella busted and basically shits on DC units (assuming her Dagger doesn't just buff Def by 20 since Lightning Breath will just hit Res instead). Can we get a Camus/Xander/Ryoma forge sometime game? Also there was apparently a ReBHeB here, but apparently I've already cleared it.

Edit's Revenge: Lol. I think we've reached the end of Book 2 guys. Totally called it (we'll see if Hrid and Ylgr make it because everyone else is fucking boned). Also, we're getting a Garon who's loving this shit.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:58:03 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: September 14, 2018, 08:39:08 AM »
Book 2 ends as it began: Being complete shite while fellating the player in an attempt to dull the pain. Well, since we're done with the fire and ice worlds I'm looking forward to Book 3 and our next themed worlds, one of of dirt and mud and a one of nothing but tornados 24/7.

Anyway flood of new units coming in. I guess Muspell being playable now explains why we're getting so many back-to-back New Hero banners. As powerful as Flora's Great American Novel is, it's really not that broken IMO. Daggers have been screwed since day 1 and their continuous buffing of 1-range units (which was deserved at first but went way, way too far with armors especially) just made it worse. Simultaneous buffing of Dragons meant that if someone wanted to target RES, they would invest into Dragons which also screwed every single 2-range unit that wasn't some crazy fast damage unit (admittedly 1-range high RES units like Eliwood or Fir did need some help there which is what that opened up). Anyway if it was inheritable then it'd be pretty dumb because it'd just reset to all the problems they had at launch, but as-is it just gives Flora something unique to do and since she's colored, really damn slow and only has the extra DEF on Player Phase she has immediate obvious weaknesses to hit.

Her A slot skill is kinda dumb though. I guess the idea is that you miss out on Spurs, Hones from the next turn and Full Ally Support but I'm pretty sure most people prefer Drives and Tactics anyway. Whatever the case, the budget options of Fury and L&D are just getting worse all the time.

Nina's going to be a lame pitybreaker in colorless and I don't understand why they yet again didn't make a colored bow because she offers nothing too unique. Pretty straight powercreep of Setsuna though with that SPD stat.

Ophelia's stats paired with that tome is absurd and she's going to be used in a lot of really, really annoying turn-1 AoE special nuke defense teams. She even comes with Blazing Light (which is actually the worst AoE special, but it's not like it's hard to inherit the other ones).

Silas once again shows the blessing and the curse of being the obvious demote- every skill he has to offer is great (even his weapon is a select choice for FTP summoners), and you get to have an easier time +10ing him if he's your husbando. Could be a lot worse.

Garon is a Red Dragon immune to Falchion. But it's attached to his weapon rather than being a skill so it's not that bad I guess.

The real bullshit are these new Duel skills coming on Laegjarn and Helbendi though. Nice of ISIS to tell us that they know Arena scoring is structured poorly and their solution is to not do anything about it and ask us to pay money to get a "fix" that makes said unit much shittier because they basically won't have an A slot.

In other bullshit design news, I haven't cleared the final map of Relay Defense and I'm not sure if I will bother. Fighting a giant flood of units with 90 HP isn't hard, it's just annoying. I actually didn't clear the Legendary Abyssal challenges a few weeks back either, but I bet one of those accessories will get used for bonuses in the next Forging Bonds because why not.

Less bullshit is this new ++ though. Might be the easiest one yet, but mostly because the bonus units are so good. Sigurd and Lewyn just destroy everything and a free healer for me to grind HM on makes them AIdiot-proof. I 5*'d Jamke too and he's obviously not nearly as good as the other two, but my Sigurd is -ATK and Lewyn obviously can't do shit to Sigurd regardless of IVs so the boss takes ages to kill unless I have Jamke nuke him with Astra or whatever.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: September 14, 2018, 09:56:21 AM »
Despite the improvement in the writing department, chapter 2 was indeed yet another disappointment due to the poor pacing, pandering and paper-thin plot. What I did like:
1. Alfonse got to be smart and do stuff! In chapter 2 he went from bland protagonist to an adorkable nerdy young leader who is actually relevant to the plot. It's a shame he's a FEH character, because think about what he could have been in a proper FE game.
2. Helbindi. A bit archetypical, but still a fun character that went right for the feels.
3. Camus with boobs, erh, Laegjarn. She's basically what Camilla should have been, isn't she?

And as for the Nifl siblings, man, those really ended up being boring/annoying/(emotionally) irrelevant. The only good thing about them is that Fjorm is a convenient Arena bonus character.

In other bullshit design news, I haven't cleared the final map of Relay Defense and I'm not sure if I will bother. Fighting a giant flood of units with 90 HP isn't hard, it's just annoying. I actually didn't clear the Legendary Abyssal challenges a few weeks back either, but I bet one of those accessories will get used for bonuses in the next Forging Bonds because why not.

The trick to those Relay Defense maps is to cheese the hell out of it by turning a ranged enemy unit into a blokade so the others can't advance and/or attack.

As for the Abyssal challenges, I actually really enjoyed those. I cleared Grima with a tactics team featuring Linde and Titania, and Reinhardt and Takumi backed up by dancers took care of Marth. I had to switch around some seals and C-skills, but I made it work and I'm proud of that.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: September 14, 2018, 01:45:31 PM »
I don't have Sigrud (or any of the other pullable +_+ bonus units other than Lewyn), so I've been making due with Belica (which is fine since she's so SP hungry on top of needing SI to patch her obvious problems) and Niniair so autobattle is hilariously easy provided Belica's frailness doesn't catch up to her.

As for Book 2's conclusion, did they not even to bother shooting Surtr with the goddamn Ice Beam? Because lol if they didn't since they spent 3/4ths of the goddamn book trying to get that fucking thing into the Summoner's hands, and all we have to show for it now is Fjorm going off to look for a tree atop a hill to quietly gaze upon her last sunset under (and/or an Intermission where Laevatein takes the bullet for her). Meanwhile Hrid's continuing sole accomplishment so far continues to be his swooping in to save everyone from Fjorm's and Gunnthra's desperate Ice Beam plan (aside from Fjorm and Gunnthra). And this continues to be more than what Sharena and Anna got to do combined throughout the book. Bruno outta loving nowhere and Helbindi dying as he lived, almost entirely offscreen (well he's getting us a new Axe Infantry which means yet another brick of high HP/Atk/Def). And Laegjarn got deathflagged so fucking hard that it seeped into that comic I posted above twice.

As for the newest banner, I shamefully spent 52 Orbs pursuing Ophelia and got a Flora with perfect IVs (+Res/-Spd) instead. If there's one good thing to say about Flora is that she has powercreeped the Res stat (38 at neutral) from Wrys', Spoopy Henry's and Winter Tharja's 36 neutral Res. So I've got a dual Ployer that can't be beat (without running headlong into Relay Def inflation).

I've so far managed to clear Relay Defecation Rank 5. But it was so wonderfuck of the devs to charge us Stamina to run this shit, alongside a +_+ (and a Forging Bonds later on as well), so I'm not bashing my head against the mode quite as often as I'd like.

Edit: This is just a hunch, but I'm beginning to suspect that the next VG will involve the Dancer Banners. Meanwhile, on this totally not-related-to-the-upcoming-VG-in-anyway banner, I ended up with a free +Atk/-HP Julia. Finally! My very own anti-Nowi/Ninian unit. Since this is going to be one long ass banner, I may go back for one of the two dancer bros I've missed, but I'm not terribly thrilled about having to pull around Axzura.

Mid Edit: After the horrors of Abyssal, Garon Infernal was comparatively a walk in the goddamn park. A quick passing of Atk+3 to Nowitch and team Flier Emblem was easily able to style upon it.

Full Edit: Well I'll be dammed. Silvia took the demote to Uncommon after all. We finally have ourselves a second non-5 star locked Dancer. Managed to snag 6000 feathers from the +_+ with 106k points, but only just as I ended up at rank 9777. And for 15 Orbs, I ended up getting pity broken by Dorcas (+Def/-Res, which isn't quite as good as my current +Def/-Spd).

Multi Edit: Decided that the upcoming Legendary Banner sounded kinda weak (Bunny Sharena and more copies of L!Ike aren't exactly my highest priority right now), so I dumped 49 more Orbs into the OC banner for a Fire Imouto. +HP/-Atk isn't the absolute worst traits she could've come away with, but she kinda really wanted +Spd or +Atk. Also tried once more to bash my head against Relay Defense and got nowhere so I've closed out on rank 5 (aka: I might as well have just stopped at rank 4). Thank god they actually brought Rival Domains back this week (I hope to never be without it again *glomps* *nuzzles* 'purr').

Omni Edit: Its that time of month again folks. For the Garbage Collector cometh. At least this time they finally adjusted the knock out threshold to 200k. Now it'll take whales actual effort to knock out spaces instead of just instantly rolling them. Of course after the nightmare of Relay Defense forcing everyone to build ultra sandbagging brigades to facetank stupidly stat inflated enemies with +50 HP/+12 Atk, Spd, Def & Res, I'm once again dreading the upcoming shit show.

More Edit (because I forgot that More Heal has been a thing since DQ9): Yessss! I've finally made it to Arena tier 20. And all it took was +5ing my mainstays, inheriting Galeforce onto one of them, shoving a bunch of AoE specials on the others, replacing one with a Dragon, running Lewyn as my bonus unit, having him eat all the goddamn kills, rerolling numbers until I was able to get 706~714 and a final score of 3600 to push me over the edge. The extra feathers should help finance my next Arena investment. Admittedly, I had actually spent most of the week in the tier 20 zone, but I got bumped near the end, so a little redoubling of my efforts and I was back in the zone.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 03:23:22 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: September 25, 2018, 04:19:16 AM »
For my part, I forgot to do a real Arena Assault run this week so I ended up at like rank 120,000 or some shit, and I didn't get a Defense Win either, but I somehow managed to enter whale crown city, and it'll probably be the only one I'll have for a while. It was a Fire Season and Larth was a bonus unit, so it means my Arena team (Draug/Effie/Lector) got to double up on Fire Blessings and also had a totally busted bonus unit who could actually kill things.

Also been only taking free pulls for a little bit with not much interesting to show for it, but I've managed to save just north of 600 orbs right now. Hopefully there will be some good units on show for the upcoming Legendary Banner.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: September 27, 2018, 02:10:20 AM »
So unless they're going beyond 16 Legendaries, lol Jugdral and Valentia got fucking robbed (Roy not getting in is also kinda sad, but Elibe already has two other Legendaries to its name; either way the Ephraim dev strikes again). Meanwhile we now have a goddamn Tiki for every occasion (well, okay we don't have a Colorless or Mounted Tiki yet). The rest of the banner consists of Bridal Tharja, Karla, L!Ike for Red; Micaiah and Spring Catria for Blue; Spring Sharena, B!Ike and Lector for Green; and Jaffar, Maribelle and F!Grima for the dozenth time for Colorless. Its pretty ehh for me, no colors I can ignore but Colorless is totally empty for me so I'll end up leaning towards that, but hopes are high for a Karla and F!Grima finally.

As for Poncho Tiki herself, she's going to be the latest BST nightmare given her status as A) a Gen 2 unit, B) an Armor, C) a Dragon and D) a Trainee. They also FINALLY gave her Divine Breath, which of course means that she's running Lightning Falchion Breath++. She's also getting Fierce Breath (+4 Atk and -1 Cooldown on EP), Bold Fighter and Personal Skill 'With Everyone!' which gives +5 Def/Res to herself and anyone standing next to her.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 02:28:54 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: September 27, 2018, 02:50:32 AM »
At least I'd say the character reveal was (mostly) a pleasant surprise for once rather than one where you're just scratching your head like Grima being a Hero or Undead Fireball Lady. Only thing is that I think Adult Tiki would probably be more appropriate for the title, but the fanbase likes loli Tiki way more so there's that. The unit is busted as hell but she might herald the coming of DC weapon refines so I guess that's something to kinda look forward to if you want to use Xander or whoever again.

I was planning on rolling Green to get merges for Lector, and getting even more Steady Breath fodder is attractive as always, but I kinda hate that Spring Sharena is the other unit. She's a solid unit, but I already have a +10 Nino and she's kinda redundant there, and she really doesn't have much to offer in the way of skills. Not really worth eating her for Res Tactic and the list of units who would make good use of Swift Stance is pretty short (and the units I can think of would probably benefit more from a Bond skill).

Also I wouldn't say Jugdral/Valentia is completely out of the running yet. Even if we assume two of the remaining Legendaries will be the Nifls, there's still 3 slots to go. No matter who they choose someone's getting screwed though, for sure. Honestly though it doesn't feel like there's any really obvious choices left for them to fill those slots since they already gave us Marth.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: September 27, 2018, 03:59:49 AM »
I wanted to like this Tiki and her DQ Slime-like face, but her weapon and potential BST have me worried, not to mention we already had enough versions for a Tiki Emblem. Best thing I can say about this is: atleast it's Tiki and not Corrin.

Still going to pull, though. Blue is a 3/3 want for me, as is red. Green, I'm debating. Fodder would be good, but that's all there is to it for me. Colourless is a very clear nope. I might pull one if there's only one on a lucky circle (I wouldn't mind a Grima merge or Maribel), but that's it.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: September 28, 2018, 05:38:19 AM »
Dumped all my orbs and got the following:

4 Lectors
9 Bikes
2 Sharenas (Bad IVs/10)
1 Liki (+HP -SPD)
1 Micaiah (+HP -SPD)
1 Catria (+ATK -HP)

Also managed to get Libra and a Silvia on my 4 stars, who I was missing.

Pretty good haul, and I got lucky with the pitybreakers for the most part, pulled few Sharenas and even got that Liki (even if her IVs are bad). Obviously would've preferred the BIkes and Lectors to switch places given that was my main goal, but I don't think I have much to complain about getting this many steady breaths to hand out (Plus I got at least one with +ATK -RES in there). Actually I could make a +10 BIke if I wanted to at this point, but it doesn't really seem worth it when I can instead make 10 OP units with Steady Breath.

Unfortunately all the Lectors came with bad IVs so I get to keep fishing for that. I'm still only at +5 on Lector too so it means I have to save up again if I really want to +10 him (and I'm not guaranteed to pull a +ATK -SPD one before I get there either, but at least I can start giving out DC if that happens).

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: September 28, 2018, 09:51:41 AM »
Meanwhile, I spent my hoard of 115 Orbs, and took 95 of them to get anybody worthwhile. Granted, they were a Karla and Poncho with perfect IVs (+Spd/-Res and +Atk/-Res respectfully), so its a solid haul anyways (especially since I have so much coverage on this banner to begin with; Red and Blue are completely KO'd and nobody in Colorless is currently worth the effort). Also, goddamn, I knew Piki's BST was gonna be huge, but its clocking in at 180 even (unless you suffer her one superbane of -Def).

As for the Garbage Collector, I've finally escaped the confines of team Jobber Alfonse. Made 6900 Feathers for a minimal amount of fuss. Helps that the extended limit makes bullshit knockouts not happen every time the round rolls over (also helps that I got to use my Calvary team this round which let me destroy some of the Infernal+ matches).

Haven't touched The Ponch's Maps or Lector's Abyssal yet, but given that I'm currently juggling GCN, Bondage Forge, powerleveling Saias for his ReGHeB, the various story quests and the last dregs of the monthly quests, it'll be a bit (it'll be fun to see how badly prepared I am for Abyssal Chiki).

VG Edit: You know, it's been a while since we've had something of a clear cut choice in terms of possible winners in a VG. I'm pretty sure though that even with maximum Mario Kart Rubberbanding strats, Niles and Male Robin have zero fucking chance at making past round 1, and I wouldn't count on Arvis either. Probably going to go with Julia since Hector v. Lilina is the only not-clear round 1 match up (also I'd rather run a Level 1 unit over a Level 40+2 unit). Then again, Lilina would actually see multipliers during Round 1. Alternatively I could go full goddamn Feather Merc with Niles or Male Robin. Screw it, I'm going Niles for the HM, the utter luxury of having full time multipliers and not having to fish for Colorless allies (especially after the unmitigated disaster in backing Ronnie).

2.10 Edit: And now the GHeB repeats are getting in on the Abyssal difficulty level. Unfortunately, they're also only offering Golden Accessories even though new copies of old GHeB units would've been far more appropriate since we have the better part of three months to clear these out unlike the Legendary Maps. Meanwhile, our newest refines are the Frelia siblings (despite Vidofnir being fairly solid) and Lon'qu finally gets something as well (as he was only almost as garbage as Odin was). They're also prepping for Book 3 by giving low rent players the option to run lo-fi mode.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 07:25:36 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: October 01, 2018, 09:01:28 PM »
I wouldn't go that far, Lon'qu is outclassed in basically every way yeah, but he's actually still usable if you built him as opposed to the true bottom tier like Jagen or Henry. At any rate they were able to make Odin halfway decent so Lon'qu shouldn't be too hard to give something nice to (they could just give him Nameless Blade 2.0 and he'd work just fine). I haven't touched my pitybreaker Tana in ages myself- well, I think I might've used her in Arena Assault a handful of times, but whatevver the case, Vidofnir has been outclassed for a while now (plus Tana's stat spread does not synergize well with it at all, and that's just gotten worse with how stupidly powerful things are now). Innes on the other hand is probably still the best dedicated mage killer (though I suppose it's not like it's hard to kill them), but Nidhogg's effect does look unimpressive at this point so a refine is appropriate.

For GC, I basically just stopped giving a shit and autobattled all my spears away. Gets me to max level just fine and I'm not gonna obsess over ranking rewards.

I suppose I should take some time out and try solving the Abyssal challenges now, it's really the only content I have left to do. Until Book 3 comes anyway, but with Halloween around the corner I suspect that we might get a month or more of nothing but seasonal banners before it comes out.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: October 05, 2018, 12:56:07 AM »
Well fuck. I'm not going to get Tiki Abyssal done this time around. There was just too much going on this last week what with the onslaught of Garbage Modes (fuck whichever dev thought it was a good idea to stack these alongside the Legendary maps), RL, and DQXI all competing for my time. It was also hella expensive in the SI department since I just didn't have the time to actually work out a winning solution to Tiki Infernal on my own (I got close with a team of Micaiah, Genny, Dancer Olivia and Axzura, but inevitably I'd run afoul of that stupid Dragon, the Green Mage that Miccy just straight up dies to or that Dagger nobody could fight). At least I managed Hector Abyssal on my own and relatively cheaply too (it mostly consisted of finishing up my Elise project).

If there's a bright spot, I didn't need to make any sacrificial 5 star merges this time around, so my 20k+ Feathers from Gross Cumdumpster remain safely in the bank for future reference. Also, the repeat of F!Grima this month gives me hope that they'll eventually go the way of the GHeB and get reran at a later date.

As for Vomit Gulper, I'm on team Last Dad Standing to hopefully do a better job of Feather mercing than with Niles (because fucking hell, the lengths these people are willing to go to for a lousy win, with team Nina denying themselves two 7.x multipliers just to spite team Niles). At least if Arvis goes, I've still got Lilina (but I'll probably wish I were on the other team as they're pretty much guaranteed to win at this point).

Meanwhile, lol at the Ishtar and Reinhardt BHeB banner. Seems that Ishtar's got the F!Corrin foot problem, except with her right hand, instead of her left foot.

And yeah, I've since recalled that on top of Vidofnir not playing nicely with Tana's stats, but that we now have 3.5 different other weapons that essentially do the same thing as Vidofnir, except are also inheritable (with one only requiring an Uncommon unit) and forgable. Also yeah, Lonq's problem wasn't his shitty stat spread (which is shitty indeed as HP and Spd alone do not a good unit make) as it was his garbage SI value (Vantage is only useful in fringe cases or with significant EP investment).