Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1380 on: December 27, 2018, 02:00:27 AM »
Think this might be the best Legendary banner yet in terms of overall quality (prime baiting pre-Laguz probably), but since my initial goal was to try to continue merging my Lector it's actually kinda middling, especially compared to Lector's launch banner containing BIke and Myrrh. Was really hoping we'd get Lector and BEphraim on Green together but I guess they were smart enough to not do that (chances are they'll run BEphraim with LLyn since she's probably the lowest-value Legendary Green so far). Nino and Helbendi are both still pretty nice though, the former maybe not so much since I already have her and her SI potential is average. I have a bad IV Helbendi that could use replacing but even if I don't roll a good one, G Duel Infantry has its obvious uses.

Though, I might put rolling Green on hold and try for Lazura first, because goddamn is she cancerous. I don't really get worked up about character choices for Legendaries but that Weapon combined with that Assist skill is just going to be the worst to play against. The assist alone would've been bad enough, but since dancing removes panic it means people running weird Rallying Bladetome setups can just extend their threat range ridiculously large and make them almost impossible to enemy phase. At least she's a Legendary and not a Mythic I guess, because if she was the latter it's basically guaranteed we'd be seeing her on every goddamn map after the meta settles (even without that we'll probably see her plenty though). That aside, Fjorm is always a good merge project (assuming Eir doesn't just kick her off the Arena Bonus cycle) and Juicy Wave offers the chance for some unique builds even if you've sworn off ever using any Camilla.

Red and Colorless have their obvious winner pulls as well but I think splitting my orbs between two colors will already give me pretty bad chances, so I'll probably just do Blue+Green.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: December 27, 2018, 03:00:15 AM »
My blood curdled as soon as I saw her weapon and immediately thought of AR. She's definitely going to be hell in the Arena/AA though for the reasons you mentioned.

The rest of the banner is basically fishing for merges for me since I already have most of these units (Helbindi, Sky Nino, Beronica, Larth, Summer Taco and of course Lazura are the ones I'm missing; that's just two Legs and a seasonal), and no color is particularly strong for me (Colorless comes closest, but is also Colorless Hell). But yes, overall, its a solid list for units or merge projects.

Unfortunately, even if we escape Lazura's pre-Laguz Orb bait, we still have to muddle through 2019's New Year's seasonals within a couple of days. At least we're getting content again.

But at the rate this game is going, all I can hope for is that Larcei, Eyvel (Brigid would also be acceptable), an Ayra alt, both of the Lucias, Annand, Machyua, Miranda, Echidna, Karin, Melady, Selena, Isadora, Selphina, Midia, Nyna, Mareeta, Cecil, Phina, Erinys, Creidne, Malice, Brunnya, Louise, Vaida, Ismaire, Tanith, Sigrun, Calill, Ena, Pertrine, Norne, Nagi, F!Kris, Kjelle, Severa and Say'ri make it in before the game shutters its doors. Unfortunately, that list is way too goddamn long at this point of the game (and that's not even everybody; just the priority picks), and I highly doubt this game will make it to Year 4 with this level of paywall ramping.

Various updates Edit: Talk about game changers. Flaws will be getting the shitcan in February for merges and Assets will be it for unit IVs for +1 or above. But more importantly, IV neutral characters like GHeBs and T_T rewards will also be getting a straight up stat boost as soon as you merge them (making the difference between a merged Lucina and a merged Masked Marth (beyond the complete lack of skills on the latter) soon to be little more than where the buffed stats go).

Meanwhile, the meta just got upended again as they've about to marry Mystic Heroes to Legendary Heroes (so any Legs you bring to AR that are in season gain the same benefits to Lyft and stat hikes that Myst and their Blessed allies do; and vice versa; aside from Blessing Gardens since those are very much still locked to Legs and Leg Blessed only). Either way, at least we'll finally get that long overdue fountain upgrade (which should help us get to tier 20 if nothing else).

Also, STILL no Thoron+ but at least now we're getting Tome of Thoron for Tailtiu (which, I mean great and all, she gets her actual FE4 weapon, but unless its Blue Thunderhead, its probably not worth it over Blarblade+). And also Seliph and the Book of Naga girls will also gain refines on their base weapon (motherfuckers; I hadn't even gotten a chance to break in Divine Tyrfing yet).

Addendum: Who wants some OC Seasonals? Because we're getting some OC Seasonals for New Years '019 (Ylgr's off playing with Veronica and Helbindi apparently). NYjorm, NYunnthra and NYrid are all fliers, with NYjorm as a Green Bow, and both NYunnthra and NYrid as Red Swords. Swordsword's now a horse Staff~Staff~ ("Cute power! Cute justice!"), while NYaegjarn is a Lance Horse. All of the inheritable weapons does a variation of a Chill Stat, while NYunnthra's Prf drops all stats by 4 to the enemy nearest to her within four tiles (if in case of a tie, they all eat the debuff). Also it seems that NYrid's Hone Attack 4 doesn't increase a stat by +5 but by +7. The reason is because of Joint Hone (Spd in this case) granting +5 Stat (again Spd in NYunnthra's case) to both adjacent units and to the skill equipped unit (ala Groomarth's Spoon/Bridal Ninian's Nifl's Iceflowers).

But really, who gives a fuck about all that when Atk/Spd Bond Seal is up for grabs for the next T_T (Spur Def/Res and Threaten Res are the other two).

As for the Leg banner, I did pretty mediocre. I got Lazura within two rounds (alongside a spare Flora), but then the four rounds were at best mediocre fodder until another pity breaker Flora. Should've quit while I was ahead. The Lazura I got was +HP/-Atk which hurts just that little bit more since she has no use for a Superboon. On the silver lining of this though is that I now have a powercrept dancer (and almost no Orbs left to show for it).
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 02:16:32 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: December 28, 2018, 06:43:18 AM »
When I first saw the headline I really thought they were going to introduce +20 merges or some shit. I guess I got a pleasant surprise instead, though as nice it might seem, the merge change is pretty obvious dolphinbaiting. Changes like this are certainly more welcome though since they can even benefit FTP players. Just gotta make sure you go into banners with enough orbs to pull at least 2 copies now. Definitely makes it so much easier to hunt for the right IV on common units too- my +8 Lilina for instance is +ATK -RES, and now I don't have to hunt for -SPD or -DEF anymore (still waiting on a +ATK Reinhardt though). Too bad I didn't get a Lewyn on the Hero Fest, because mine's -ATK +SPD.

More powercreeped skills from the NY banner. I'd say the Odd/Even Wave skills are kinda obsolete now. They have the bonus of being active without adjacent units, but being able to have the buff every turn can be crucial on turn limit maps. In any case, impressive they managed to buff LAzura before she even came out. With the upcoming change to Legendaries and Mythics it pretty much cemented that LAzura will be fucking everywhere now. Also means Future Vision shenanigans won't be going away either (sure will be fun seeing both on Water/Wind season). On the bright side it also means I'll be able to use my merged up Lector, season pending (though he probably doesn't handle the meta all that well). Hrid's also been pretty amazing for me the past 2 weeks, though that might just be from him being a bonus unit.

Jugdral getting love in refines is something to look forward to. Ever since they set the precedent that they're willing to refine things like Merric's Excalibur even after he got Dark Excalibur, I've been holding off on investing in units like Seliph. No idea how they'll fix that crappy thing to be different but still somehow viable compared to Divine Tyrfing, but my +ATK Seliph is at the ready. I'm guessing Tailtiu's Thoron will be a sidegrade to her Bladetome even if they don't give her Blue Thunderhead (I think it's unlikely they'll give out another one, Odin probably only got it because he was the laughingstock of the game), but I don't think that'll be a problem because honestly, Bladetomes are pretty limiting in terms of positioning. For example, One Punch Lilina does more damage with a Bladetome, but the flexibility and support Forblaze gives makes it just a generally better option (though with Lilina you also save 20k feathers I guess). I'm assuming they'll be referencing her Wrath skill in some way, it was always sacrilege she didn't come with it. The Nagas have aged kinda poorly as well- they can still one-shot a lot of dragons, but needing to put in Death Blow and such just so they can do that was kinda dumb. Also I have no idea how they'll handle Julia with Divine Naga, might piss off a few folks if they can only refine base Naga because that basically means wasted Mountain Dew.

As for the Legendary Banner, I went in with about 250 Orbs and so far I've come out with:
Helbendi (+DEF -RES)
LAzura (+ATK -SPD)
Lector (+HP -RES)
LAzura (+ATK -HP)
Lector (+SPD -ATK)
I also got a +ATK Clair and finally snatched a copy of Silas, but otherwise I actually did pretty poorly on fodder. Probably only did average as far as the amount of 5*s go too, but I got pretty lucky on the spread there. Still didn't roll +ATK on Lector unfortunately, but 2 LAzuras is kinda crazy considering how I stopped pulling Blue after I got the first one (was "pity" broken by her). Plus we're getting another +_+ soon so I can probably squeeze one more 5* out of the banner (and maybe some free orbs on the New Year? We'll see.).

Eir-dit: Got some Orbs from Chain Challenges and the Water Gardens I hadn't done yet thanks to LAzura, and the Banner decided to pitybreak me with Eir. Decided to merge her in since AR is still the hot new thing for the moment, the +1 to my score per match will surely make a difference. That's like +15 to my score over a week!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 05:02:51 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: December 30, 2018, 04:45:55 AM »
Meanwhile, I went and had a bombing run on AR yesterday. 4 matches (thanks to the fire escape) and 4 complete losses due to various bullshit (first match involved Lazura, second involved a dually danced +10 Bowcina that managed to one round my Cecilia in spite of some drive buffs, and the last two involved two walls of sandbagging Armor). My chances of making it to tier 19 this week are now zero due to being 60 Lyft and 8 Aether short, and realistically speaking, I've basically hit the ceiling at this point.

Thanks to that short burst of rotten luck across this entire week (I was flawless every other day and had even managed to deflect a full day's worth of Lyft loss), I won't be able to obtain that 6th slot on Defense, which will further hurt my chances at curbing further Lyft loss in the future. Meanwhile, I strongly suspect that those 3.1.0 Fountain upgrades will be locked to a really high tier, if not tier 21 or higher. Furthermore, the currently arranged marriage between Mystic and Legendary Hero Effects will pay far more dividends to whales than F2Pers (given how until 3.1.0 hits, whales are currently constrained to running Eirs + Light Blessings for maximum points; suddenly Dancercreep Lazura and all her Legendary buddies like Hrid, Poncho Tiki, Lector, Bowcina, among others, can all join in on the fun).

Planning and strategy alone are no longer enough to allow me to slog through a full week of whalebait Armors, Dragons, Dragon Armors and all their bullshit personal skills, 4th tier skills, and jacked BSTs that have been steadily getting pilled onto this trash heap of a game over the last year. GCN alone is basically playing against nothing but nigh unkillable walls of Armors and Dragons, with the occasional Dancer and Wrazzle Dazzle Pain+Savage Blow 6 Staffbots these days. Meanwhile, even T_T's relatively uncontested 4k Feather tier has seen its barrier for entry increasing over the past few months, with the most recent one requiring an extra 8 or so Hard 5 runs past the 50k score mark to reach it (it used to only take 2 or 3 at most). And then there's the shitshows that are A/AA and Abyssal anything (albeit, this month is pretty amusing since I've already cleared both Larth's and Lector's Abyssals).

Btw: I've done some tallying over FEH's performance for 2018, just for shits and giggles. Here are the hard numbers:

January: 1 Armor, 1 Dragon, 4 Alts out of 11 Additions and NY Corrin for Fates Asshole of the Month.
February: 4 Armors, 1 Dragon Armor, 9 Alts out of 10 Additions and Fallen Takumi for Fates Asshole of the Month.
March: 0 Armors, 1 Dragon, 6 Alts out of 9 Additions and Spring Kagero for Fates Asshole of the Month.
April: 0 Armors, 1 Dragon, 4 Alts out of 9 Additions and Bow Hinoka, Female Kana and non-seasonal Shigure for Fates Assholes of the Month.
May: 0 Armors, 1 Dragon, 6 Alts out of 12 Additions and Kaze, Male Kana and Legend Ryoma for Fates Assholes of the Month.
June: 1 Armor, 0 Dragons, 5 Alts out of 10 Additions and shockingly nobody from Fates this month?
July: 0 Armors, 1 Dragon, 5 Alts out of 10 Additions and Summer Takumi and Camilla for Fates Assholes of the Month.
August: 2 Armors, 0 Dragons, 8 Alts out of 9 Additions and Dancer Ryoma and Xander for Fates Assholes of the Month.
September: 0 Armors, 1 Dragon Armor, 1 Alt out of 13 Additions and Silas, Nina, Ophelia and Flora for Fates Assholes of the Month.
October: 3 Armors, 1 Dragon, 1 Dragon Armor, 6 Alts out of 11 Additions and Halloween Kagero and Niles and Garon for Fates Assholes of the Month.
November: 1 Armor, 2 Dragons, 4 Alts out of 9 Additions and Both Adrift Corrins, Adrift Camilla, Mikoto and Young Azura for Fates Assholes of the Month.
December: 3 Armors, 1 Dragon Armor, 5 Alts out of 6 Additions and Legend Azura for Fates Asshole of the Month.

The final tally comes to:
173 Unique units were available in FEH at Jan 1st, 2018
119 Additional units have since been made playable ending at Dec 31st, 2018
63 Alts of some kind
56 non-Alts
9 OCs
34 Seasonal Alts
11 non-OC Legendaries
19 non-repeated Alts
26 are from Fates (of which 17 are Alts)
19 are from Awakening (of which 7 are Alts)
At least 1 Fates asshole added per month (except June)
Two months skipped adding a Dragon of some kind (June and August) for 12 Dragons/Dragon Armors added.
15 Armors added (19 counting Dragon Armors)
27 units with a weakness to Armorslayers &| Dragon Killers.
Games covered (non-seasonal/legend) in release order: RD, SS, Various, Awakening, T776, Fates, Genealogy, Blazing Sword, Awakening, CYL2, Genealogy, Fates, FEH, CYL2 leftovers, Fates, FEH.

The game is choking on Fates and Alts, and at the rate FEH is going, it'll take until 2030 to cover the remainder of the series; and Three Houses alone has the potential of wiping out any gains made across 2018 (nevermind further potential loss from other sources such as another Echoes, Cipher or other spinoff OCs). Book 2 reeked of the same writing failures that plagued Fateswakening (which doesn't bode well for Three Houses either). It has done extremely little in terms of building off of the characters and their individual stories/interactions. And there's very little for players to do beyond the mindless grind against each other for Feathers. Nevermind ending the year on Lazura (the very same Fates Dancer who's personally led the powercreep on one of the most obnoxious character types in the game, no less than 3 times now), one of the most boring VG lineups in the history of VG (Laegjarn doesn't even get to participate due to being the T_T reward), and these two bundles clocking in at $75 bux each with one being vastly superior to the other (and yet its still not worth it). Truly emblematic of the current state of FEH.

Or to tl;dr, FEH's dying and it will not survive 2019.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 04:47:34 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: January 02, 2019, 03:54:33 AM »
Pretty good rule from now on is anytime they announce something cool coming up, it's almost certainly to damage control some stupid thing they know will piss us off in a day or two. They've done it so many times it's hard to not assume it's intentional. Anyway, fuck these $75 "deals". I've started playing Dragalia Lost a bit recently and while it has the same issues typical of any Gachashit, it's pretty crazy the gap in quality in terms of effort put into the events and rewards given out.

Also AR not going too well for me this week. Already used both my ladders, one was for your typical horse clusterfuck (with a restore staff next to Eirika so I couldn't bait safely) and the other was of course flier emblem stacking every goad in the universe alongside LAzura in the back. Also got score losses 3 times in 2 days because someone playing late got me right next to the 20 hour reset (I get why it's not 24, but why this isn't something like 23 hours I'll never understand).

Also got pitybroken on the Legendary Banner thanks to the influx of orbs from ++2 Electric Boogaloo, another Helbendi with bad IVs (+HP -ATK). At least I can make another Arena scorestick (my first extra went to Nino of course), but probably would've preferred another merge on Lector or Nino. Think I'll call it on the Legendary Banner here given what we know is coming- up next for Legendaries is likely a Colorless in January (Almost certainly Ashera or Yune, but I think most people already guessed that), as well as the return of LEirika and LLyn, both of whom I'm missing (doubt I'll have the Orbs to get all 3, probably gonna all-in dump for the new one since it's probably going to be Dark Blessed for less AR scoreloss stupidity). Also Whale Tiki is there too. February is anyone's guess as to color, but with only Earth RES and Fire SPD Heroes left, I think it's a somewhat safe bet for Xander on Earth and Roy on Fire (the latter would also lead into our first Binding Blade Banner on March, which will probably have an Idoun Mythic). March will be an insane month for Blue already because it's stacked with LLucina and LAzura, one of the most cancerous tagteams for Arena and AR.

At least the New Years banner tickets managed to get me a free Flying Hrid so far, with decent IVs on top (+ATK -RES), but honestly I probably won't use him much, Enemy Phase fliers don't tend to work all that well outside of Lrima IMO. Hone Attack 4 and his Chill Atk Sword both seem like crazy good things to inherit too, but the collector in me wants to keep him in my barracks as a trophy.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: January 02, 2019, 06:44:01 AM »
Yeah. I've had terrible luck with the NYBanner. Nothing but trash, not even good fodder.

I'm not even sure this year's NY celebration is even half as good as last year's. It gave us several days of orbs on top of the usual events going on. Granted the tickets do come out slightly ahead in terms of Orb 'value', but its significantly less attractive due to being forced to spend them all on one particular banner.

That said, I've spent the last couple of days cleaning up my Barracks and getting some merges done. Fjorm now has +8 Def and only -6 HP (and in February she's going to get 4 of those HP back). Which is nice timing as now I finally have a Fjorm who can actually tank shit in a T_T where I would've otherwise been forced to lean on Sharena for melee defenses. I've also got a Like and an Elincia who are both ready to pick up +3 Atk. Sadly, as great as this 'sounds', in all fairness its only really going to help me against older PvE content since everybody's getting a hold of this. I otherwise haven't done much with the game anymore since my catastrophic AR loss last week. I didn't even bother aiming for tier 25 in GCN anymore (the powercreep is ramping up faster than ever before).

But its as you said, this game is only doing us a nice thing with this IV fix because its about to drop another steaming turd across our faces. I bet you that our next 'banner' consists of ONLY Tibarn, Nailah and possibly an Ike alt, and their beastshift is going to be a massive game changer (and to further up the ante, the remaining beasts we'll be seeing this year will be the four Fates beasts, Panne and a bunch of Fates beast alts; watch Selkie and Velour come away with at least three versions by this time next year, each powercreeping the last).

Well this sucks. VGs started and I still don't have anybody worth supporting. My options are NYzura or bust (or drop $75 lolbux on Laevatein; fuck that noise).
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 02:43:40 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: January 04, 2019, 03:56:36 AM »
I'm on Team Hrid (again), and I really feel the need to point out that Hrid is like 3x more popular than Corrin despite the fact that Corrin was a free unit last year and Hrid isn't on either of the Scrooge McDuck packages.

So good job IS, a character that got like 3 lines is more likable/popular than Corrin.

EDIT: Unfortunately it seems Corrin's main character shield took effect. Every OC except Gunnthra is out, because she activated the "has boobs" clause (naturally Fjorm was outgunned in that category). Guess it's probably Team Azura for me the rest of the way.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 11:39:56 PM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: January 05, 2019, 02:49:23 AM »
To be fair, Hrid got more than just 3 lines. He also had some screen time during the last FB where he informed us of not remembering anything and how he'd totally protect his sisters for us (one of whom is dead, another dying and the third saved by somebody who's name starts with an H and ends in elbindi).

Meanwhile, I went with team Takumi because my NYzura is almost topped off in HM and doesn't need VG's scant HM gains to help her top off (plus, I have like 3 of the guy because I kept getting pity broken by him one Leg banner). Although now that he's knocked out, its onward to team Corn for lack of a better alternative (and hell, even if he doesn't win I still have NYzura now as both Laevatein and Hrid got knocked out).

Also, FUCK THIS BULLSHIT NY BANNER! 4.25% pitybreaker Silvia. I could've spent those orbs getting a second Lazura instead. Hell, why couldn't you have been the other FE4 gen 1 sword girl? I already have four of you, nevermind the fact that the one I'm currently raising is also Neutral (or that I already have +Atk and +Spd covered). I demand restitution for this.

Welp: Looks like I'm taking NYzura to the finals after all. At least I tried to spend some flags before Same Hell set in. On the bright side, looks like I'm making it to AR tier 19 this time after all (as I had just managed to end at 8200 Lyft on the nose). Unfortunately, I spent a significant amount of stones on maxing out my Fire Escape, so I won't have enough for the sixth defender slot immediately, nevermind the next session's bonus buildings (and I have no idea on whether to spend my ARDew on the Def Fortress upgrade or wait for the Fountain).

Meanwhile Fuck Lazura Infernal.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 04:17:01 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: January 07, 2019, 05:11:49 AM »
I actually found LAzura to be easier than Hrid- once you account for the stupid bullshit of her adding +1 movement you can kinda predict what's going to happen and try to counterplay appropriately. That skill's gonna be more and more important as LAzura gets summoned by more people (and the upcoming Legendary Mythic marriage). Last week one of the two uses of my ladders was me getting completely stomped on by a Flier Emblem (the other one was just a surrender because I lost 3 out of 5 units and I didn't want to eat that bad score). Flier Formation will be a pretty common thing to go up against as we rub up against whales with access to loads of skills.

On that note, pretty amazing you managed to climb to Tier 19 on a non-bonus week. Unfortunately I think from here on out it's literally impossible to do it (unless you get defense wins like 4+ days out of the week) so I hope you Light Blessed Winter Cecilia to tank all the things this week. Seriously, with double Eirs she's sitting at 63 HP and 50 RES before buffs, and even when bonus week ends I'm pretty sure she'll be a reliable member for me. I finally fed away that free Tacomeat we were given to her. I also supported her with Male Corrin and gave him double Spur DEF/RES2 because why not, 50+ base DEF/RES seems totally fair. Her decent on-screen RES stat also means I won't get cheesed as easily by fucking Ophelia- seriously, I've been seeing her everywhere, and there's almost no way whatsoever to safely tank her AoE special even if you waste a slot on the best Green RES tanks in the game.

Also I'd wait for the fountain if you're even somewhat consistent on getting perfect wins. 20 extra Aether every day adds up to an extra game per week, with runover to potentially save a second one.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: January 07, 2019, 08:58:41 AM »
Flier Formation will be a pretty common thing to go up against as we rub up against whales with access to loads of skills.

That's where the rub has been for me lately. The game has been adding more and better skills rapidfire for the last several months (remember when Bond skills were the creme of the crop? now their best are SSs), and none of them are really all that accessible without spare 5 stars to burn. If I shed my 'collect them all' mentality, then I could probably keep up, but to me, its generally not worth the effort or burning through a significant portion of my 'good' fodder to try to keep up with the demands.

It doesn't help that I'm feeling the limits of my current Flier Emblem/Arena team (Arena team has already been merged to +5, +2 to every stat at this point isn't quite as significant given the rampant increases in bases/specialized builds) or that I've been feeling rather burned out with the game lately (given how mentally taxing dealing with AR is, nevermind all of the Infernal/Abyssal Reinforcement Spam, GCNs and their endless Dragons and Armors, Arena bullshit, and so on...; its enough to keep me busy just by keeping my barracks clear enough for another round of pulls (250+ unique units + alternate IVs where available just in case something like Flawless happens + not manual-ing my limited run units for easier identification + backburner'd projects = a shitload of units); especially in light of this brave new flawless world we're soon to enter into as some of my more finicky projects have needed some serious retooling because of it; case and point, I was going to turn my current Taco into lunch for that free Taco we got a while back, but now the order will be reversed because his Atk will be neutral either way).

As for the AR thing, the difference this time versus last time was that I only got owned once this week, instead of twice. But generally speaking, my secrets to success thus far have been A) Reddit style defense layout with WoM dancers, Reinhardt, Bow Lyn and Galeforce Eliwood (yes, I'm scum; don't @ me), B) Miccy (aka: Anti-AR Meta unit; likely to get a Light Blessing unless a better Mystic comes along as I haven't been using Eir yet) and C) TA3 Etrurian Scum (every time it feels like Cecilia's ready to be benched, something else comes along that requires her special brand of horse shit). (The distant 'D)' reason would likely be my upgraded Gravity trap tile, not a lot of people expect their 40+ HP units to lose their mobility which tends to result in matches where a complicated smash and grab tactic ends ups going FUBAR because half the team just got immobilized right in the middle of it.)

As for Lazura, the +1 movement isn't the problem, its dealing with that stupid Green Brave Bow Archer that destroys most of my anti-ranged bullshit units (Cecilia can't deal with Green units in general, Xander's Bowbreaker is useless, Like's in the same boat & doesn't get the sweet Horse Emblem buffs, current Flier Emblem doesn't have a good Melee Red available, Burger King gets destroyed by half of the other units on the field, it'd take too long to finish training up someone like Setsuna, none of my Red Mages are bulky enough to survive the Brave effect or fast enough to double on the offense, etc...). Forging Etrurian Scum (Xmas edition)'s Boot to improve Def is probably the correct solution, but at this point, even 4 orbs just aren't worth the effort of all of that (plus, if it ever comes back, those deflawed merge stats might help make the difference; and if it doesn't, then I'll have saved myself a grey hair or two from stressing over a game not long for this world). And even if I could deal with that archer, I still have to contend with all of the massive bulk/Flash+ support keeping me blocked in and unable to EP my way out before I get buried in reinforcement spam.

Actually. At this point, what I should really be doing is putting together an Anti-content team and retiring my Arena team to just the Arena.

VGG: I can't believe this VG match is fucking dead.

I'm not even pissed. I spent all of my Flags from round 1 and most from round 2 before it too Same Hell'd, so I'm not exactly getting hurt by having absolutely nothing to spend on round 3. I really hope that Int Sys finally takes a look at this mode again after this, because there's no excuse for having a match this goddamn dull. (And to nobody's surprise, Same Hell ends as soon as I post about it online. Typical.)

RD: So who wants even moar refreshers!? Because we're also getting both Reyson and Leanne alongside Tibarn and Nailah. At least Naesala will also be joining us as the next GHeB (which also means we're now 3 for 5 of Laguz Kings plus 2/3s of Heron reppege off the bat; that's probably all that we're going to be getting from RD for 2019 outside of seasonal alts and maybe a Mystic/Legendary).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:10:27 PM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: January 09, 2019, 02:25:13 AM »
Sturdy impact looks fucking dumb, the prevent double effect alone probably would've made it a strong runner for A slot but all the stats on top just make things worse. RIP in piece to anyone who ate a Brave Celica for DB4, although I suppose DB4 is still superior for Galeforce cheese and the like.

Getting 2 Herons at once is pretty unexpected, would've thought they'd try to fit in one of the C-lister Laguz like Volug (or Lyre for the memes) for the obvious demote, instead it looks a lot like Reyson will get a demote. It's a mixed blessing for sure, like usual- on the one hand, he'll actually be possible to obtain and merge, but on the other hand, he doesn't have stupid minmaxed stats like the waifu dancer gets. Still, it's not like he's purely inferior since he's a different color. Plus beyond being Laguz he's also a Green Flying dancer which would be a wholly unique introduction to the 4* pool on its own. Honestly with how unique a flying green dancer alone is I'm half suspecting we're getting no demote yet again, but I'm guessing they've noted the recent outrage and will try to appease us a bit (again, still surprised they didn't save Reyson for later and just give us Mordecai or something). It'll suck to get pitybroken by the guy though, Steady Posture is okay but not something you want to be pitybroken with.

Overall I actually find the way Laguz implemented to be...disappointing, but possibly in a good way? Basically I was expecting them play a bit like they always do, with some difficult transformation requirements but ridiculously overpowered once they do. Instead it looks like they're just normal-ass units (Nailah countered the archer in the trailer like any normal unit would) and they get some bonus stats on top when they transform- which is actually really easily accomplished so it really seems like all upside and no downside, which is just another way for them to stealth powercreep the game. It's not like they have reduced BST before transforming so they just get a bunch of bonus stats essentially for free. So basically I'm disappointed it took them this long to implement something so uncreative, but if you really like Laguz you can enjoy how good they'll be I guess.

Also obligatory grumbling about how they sold us broken skills for $$$ so they could then sell us extremely esoteric counter skills for more $$$.

Forging Etrurian Scum (Xmas edition)'s Boot to improve Def is probably the correct solution

join the club

End Turn and win. I still lost a unit earlier though, because I got spooked by a Brave Lyn with Pass. Got too cocky and forgot to check skills, the guy deserves his +20 points for the meme B slot.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: January 09, 2019, 08:41:52 AM »
Now that I can see the skills, goddamn they're just straight up bullshitting last month's bullshit. At least the Laguz didn't gain their refresh everybody surrounding them trait (then again, neither did Silvia nor Lene). Guess I shouldn't be too surprised with a Laguz Royal's bullshit (due to being consistent with the main series for once; if anything, that's the real surprise *cough*Karla*cough*). But still, on top of Sturdy Impact's cheese, we've got Null C-Disrupt to specifically fuck over Wrazzle Dazzlers and Firesweepers (and on a character that comes with Distant Counter out of the fucking box no less). So expect that to crop up everywhere from now on.

One think I do like is that Beast weapons are basically slightly nerfed Prfs until they transform and become full fledged Prfs. Its so stupidly useless.

But yeah, I can't count on any of them demoting this time. At least we'll be getting the Naesalad for a GHeB, who, if nothing else, will not be a Red GHeB unit (trying to raise Garon, Aversa and Gharnef at the same time is an exercise in rolling for Greens in the Tower).

But the real prize of this update are Grails finally showing up elsewhere (and likely in parsimonious quantities, because god forbid that we wouldn't have to suffer through AR anymore). Well that, and the latest refines becoming available.

And speaking of latest refines, Julia's the big winner this time around with Mystic Boost (Close Counter edition) + enhanced tome effects, followed distantly by Seliph's likely to be annoying Miracle variant + Atk/Def Bond 3 (good effects to be sure, but hard to compete with Divine Tyrfing's Res tanking), and Deirdre's +3 to all stats if Res >= enemy Res + 3, while Tailtiu's Wrath 3 tome is nice but its still competing directly with a Litrblade+ (and Darting Blow 3 as the special refine is marginally useful at best; of course if Wrath stacks and she can push its activation to >=100% HP, then ToT is insane and the clear winner).

Also, Naesalad's stats and skills have been datamined, he's basically 1 Rng + Def checking Blue (wtf?) Giga Nino. More importantly though is that he's a GHeB source of Swift Sparrow 2 (which means Swift Sparrow 3 can only be around the corner) and a 4 star source of Guard 3.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 06:30:39 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: January 10, 2019, 07:16:41 PM »
So apparently Sturdy Impact is exclusive to Infantry and Fliers, while Null C-Disrupt is exclusive to Infantry. I guess it's nice fliers are finally getting thrown a bone, though personally I feel that flier was always the most broken movement type assuming max investment, even with all the skill restrictions they get.

Null C-Disrupt being locked to infantry makes it significantly less useful (for the moment), and I obviously can't inherit it to my juggernaut Cecilia. Obviously Nailah herself will use it quite well already though so I'd say she'll be the one I'll pull for. It's still a good skill to consider inheriting too, but as far as existing infantry go there's just not a lot of units you can stack stats on to make Null C-Disrupt a solve-all strategy (which I suppose is "good" balance, but firesweep weapons are bullshit anyway). The issue, as always, is that any smart player is going to stack physical and magic damage within the same threat range, and even if you get into a poorly built fort where you can keep buildings intact to avoid the sword cav, you'll have to deal with Brave Lyn or LLucina (and the odd LLyn or Valentine's Roy).

So that makes units with super-lopsided defenses a big risk to inherit Null C-Disrupt onto. Fae and Nowi will probably still be solid choices as always (the odd Recover-Bladetome of the right color will probably take them out though), the Robins are in some danger with that low RES stat, while Felicia, Micaiah and Julius have low DEF. Special mention for Faye for that nice balanced DEF/RES spread she has on top of being colorless, but she's 5* locked and you have to sacrifice a perfectly good Firesweep Bow fodder for yourself. I think potentially the balanced defenses healers might be okay for it too (Lissa/Sakura/Lachesis/Genny), Absorb is sometimes safer than Aether when you're taking on multiple enemies.

As for Naesala, he's definitely a pleasant surprise. Since they need to continue making Grails valuable (to encourage people to whale to win at AR), it seems they'll keep giving us some solid free units. Naesala's definitely the best player phase unit they've given for free, and both his skills are crazy good fodder (even though Guard is a bit of a headscratching choice for Naesala himself). But yeah, not looking forward to Swift Impact that will have inbuilt Flashing Blade or some shit.

The refines this time are all at least okay, no stupid Super Ruby Sword level garbage at least. Seliph's is probably the most disappointing. I appreciate the more creative effects (Despite my initial dislike of it, Titania's Weapon is actually one of the best refines they've given out IMO), but Seliph's just seems way too specialized for it to be that good. It's certainly not bad because there's going to be a lot of gimmicky things you can do with it, but for general usage I'd say Divine Tyrfing is still a lot better.

I actually think Divine Naga is way better than Naga. First off, they goofed and the latter doesn't disable Wrathful Staff at all, and the Close Counter only activates against Dragons, so it just makes Julia completely specialize into killing dragons, which is fine for Arena Assault and such, but for general usage Divine Naga is way better. Divine Naga continues to not fear bladetomes so you can't get cheesed by those, and Dierdre's one of the highest RES units in the game so she'll activate the bonus stats pretty consistently- looking at it again now I actually think Dierdre might be a pretty good candidate for Null C-Disrupt as well, stack on her with Drive DEF and maybe give her Deflect Missile for insurance and she won't really fear any ranged. Though her mediocre speed kinda makes her require QR I suppose. Divine Naga also disables adaptive damage on non-dragons but there's basically no use for that at the moment (possibly futureproofs the weapon a little though).

The big winner here is Tailtiu though IMO. Mages can't inherit Wrath so she has a completely unique role. The big issue is setting her up of course, but Bladetome has that same problem too (and she won't fear Panic as much). Darting Blow was kind of an odd choice as the refine effect, but ranged weapons get lower stat refines so +6 SPD on Player Phase vs +2 SPD all the time is a pretty big difference, especially with Tailtiu who had that kind-of-decent-but-just-misses-out-on-doubling level of speed.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: January 10, 2019, 10:29:26 PM »
Yeah, now I see it. Either Julia's portending a Dragon Staffbot or they just stapled Mystic Boost on her, gave her a Dragons Only conditional and called it close enough. At least she has the Res, especially with the Tome effect buff.

And yeah, I forgot about Wrath being Tome restricted which does give Tailtiu a possible Desperation + Wrath build, which in of itself goes pretty well with Darting Blow (especially since you can double up on Darting, pull a Sudo Swift Sparrow 3 with Death Blow, help ourselves to Naesalsa's Swift Sparrow for a +4/+10 Atk/Spd boost, or take the budget Fury approach for extra help activating Desperation Wrath). Too bad Blows don't work with Heavy/Flashing Blades as that would grant some serious horseshit.

And AR continues to massively suck balls. I've run face first into the wall that is whales sporting +8 Surtrs paired with +10 Leg Hectors and Level 3+1 Def Forts (on top of the rest of the usual horseshit). Its hard to even tread water given how badly outclassed I am in both offense and defense. If I want to do those Light Quests, I'm probably going to have to wait until I demote back to tier 18. And in all honesty, upgrading the fountain was a mistake as well since it means that this mode will be enter-for-stompationable for longer than before.

Also a new calendar to disappoint even more as we've got another two seasonals incoming, and unless Spring's coming in February (thanks Global Warming), we've got our first new type of alts since Valentines (so much for any 'new' characters until the Binding banner). The only other thing to note is the presence of Pair-Up quests at the end of the latest calendar. I can only assume it forebodes something new and awful.

Banner Edit: I guess the game really wants me to reforge that Divine Naga because 12 Orbs just got me one & a +Res/-HP Deirdre to go with it (although now I don't have anybody to aim for in the upcoming new power banner). That aside, the FB rewards aren't terribly surprising this time around either. They ditched the Orb and some Feathered rewards and replaced them with a banner specific ticket and 10 Grails per Bond. Additionally, the competition for Feathers grows even more bloodthirsty as my comfortable T_T score of 55k ended up only scoring 3000 Feathers as another 800 players pushed me out (soon players are going to start needing to score 100k+ points just to stay in the 4000 Feathers ranking).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 06:43:34 AM by Aeolus »

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: January 11, 2019, 07:43:25 PM »
Calendar looks pretty dull, really they should stop tying the main story to new heroes being released- they should just release new story chapters as their own thing and make every single roster addition a paralogue. Removes arbitrary restrictions on themselves and will benefit the story.

Also apparently Null C-Disrupt will stack with Firesweep weapons to allow you to attack without being countered but also still allow you to counter. Sounds overpowered until you think about how few units would actually bother running such a build, so it's an interesting interaction if nothing else.

AR's been kinda shitty for me too. After using up both my ladders I've had one full loss thus far, and pretty much all 3 of those were because of annoying fucking stall teams. Winter Cecilia obviously has an easy time eating up all the cheesy cavspam and can even facetank Ophelia's bullshit instaAoEs, but she's bad for stall teams for obvious reasons.

Can't really figure out how to build an effective team here. Been eyeing a +ATK -SPD Est I pulled a few sessions ago. An Armorslayer team would work for a lot of comps but a lot of people stack one or two of their armors with Svalinn Shield which can ruin everything.