Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1455 on: May 09, 2019, 04:29:43 AM »
Since I'm the only regular poster here actually still playing the game, Aeolus and I have mostly moved our 2-man act of complaining about a game we both hate but can't stop playing/keeping up with to Discord.

Just posting to say: Wherever you went Tomara, grats on hitting the whale tier in a mode nobody likes for a gachamobashit game.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: May 09, 2019, 08:54:01 AM »
Don't worry, I'm still here. Just have a lot of shit going on right now and didn't feel like responding to ... anything. Good news is, F2P'ing a gacha is a healtier distraction than 3+ hours of nearly none-stop archery practice followed by hard liquor. So yay for me and my AR accomplishments!

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: May 09, 2019, 04:24:01 PM »
I'm glad somebody's getting something out of it.

Also, whatup Tomara.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: May 11, 2019, 07:43:46 AM »
A -atk hungover Corrin is what I got out of it, but hey, could be worse!

As for things that are up: definitely not my mood. A boss of mine went a little nuts. It's just so frustrating to see her try and reject reality in order to replace it with her own. "We should change the definition of legal a bit; it'd be more convenient for is" is the kind of nonsense she says. People are calling her Trump behind her back now, so... yeah. Fun times. She has always been terrible to work with because she refuses to communicate (we're just supposed to read her mind or something, I dunno) and is terrible at keeping promises, which has caused a lot of problems and stress. Instead of taking responsibility for basically being terrible at what's supposed to be her job, she's trying to kick me down instead because I grew tired of her bullshit ages ago, and it'd be so very convenient if she could save face and get rid of me at the same time. She even tried to fire me (didn't technically have the power to do so, so whatever), and honestly, maybe I should have quit back then. She claimed she'd take over all my duties (right after claiming she didn't have time to do her own job), and maybe I should have just let her and let everything crash and burn.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: May 11, 2019, 05:14:11 PM »
Ouch. Sucks to hear that. It always sucks to get stuck under a shitty boss. I can't say definitively on whether you should stay or get out before its too late, but your first priority should always be towards yourself in a situation like that. No job is worth sacrificing yourself over (unless it involves saving lives or something to that effect where not doing anything would actively make you feel horrible about yourself or something).

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: May 20, 2019, 06:45:44 AM »
So apparently Seasonals really are the new New Banners. Not sure how I feel about this since there's some serious wants in that cluster, but also not a whole lot that actually resembles the original unit (not helping matters being that Infantry are basically automatic garbage tier in this fucked up mobage). Not helping matters is that this is pretty much the best FEH's gonna get in regards to Tanith, given her lack of popularity (Edit: there's a bit of irony in the choice of couples (and also Fjorm) they picked for this year's Bride banner; I wonder if Year 4 will give Florina and Chrom bridal alts to complete another 2 sets of couples).

Also, fuck. I may want to come back just for Louise. >.<
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 06:59:08 AM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: May 20, 2019, 04:19:52 PM »
You know what's funny?

Years ago, near the beginning of the game, Klein and Sanaki were introduced as makeshift siblings on their banner.

Fastforward to the current day, we've got two sets of new characters (and special snowflake Fjorm who does not want people to be happy together): Sanaki's 'moms' and Klein's parents.

I want to believe this was a plan over two years in the making.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: May 21, 2019, 12:42:49 PM »
Sigrun's skillset alone shows how utterly unplanned anything is in this game anymore.

But yeah, we just need Bridal Alts for Klein and Clarine now to fully complete the Reglay set.

In regards to sets, we'd also need Bridal Alts for Chrom, Florina, Robin, Eliwood and the Summoner (Charlotte is open for business, while Sanaki pairing with anybody won't be not creepy).

So something that's rather unfortunate about all of this is that of the now 13 (Charlotte, Inigo, Shigure, Noire, Veronica, Mikoto, Greil, Bruno, Mareeta, Sigrun, Tanith, Pent and Louise) characters who made it into FEH Alt first, only 1 of them has gotten their base version added afterwards. This wasn't such a big problem when you're talking either kids with alternate versions already (paging Laslow), OCs who's plot isn't done yet (the Embla siblings), or are characters that were hard pressed to get in normally (Greil and Mikoto); but characters who ranked very high on the CYL (Louise made it to rank 23 in CYL3 and still had a commanding rank 74 performance in CYL2) or was the heavyweight of their game (Mareeta is perpetually within 776's top 5) getting stuck in the Altception is pretty dire.

And just to rub salt in the wound, November's Adrift banner was nothing but Alts (even Mikoto isn't her base game Queen of Hoshido self but the Young Azura's dreamified self), and yet was still treated as the main banner for the month (either that or the OC pair of Ylgr and Surtr which is its own joke), especially since December didn't even get one, and January lost one from last year to a brand new round of Seasonal (because there weren't enough Camillas in the game yet). Last Fall was incredibly dire and this one will somehow be even worse. Mark my words.

At least I'm not the only one who's not happy with the way FEH's been handled. https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/21/belgium-fire-emblem-heroes-and-animal-crossing-pocket-camp-services-ending-in-august-2019/ RIP Belgium whales.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 12:44:23 PM by Aeolus »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: June 07, 2019, 12:23:37 AM »
Feh Channel outta nowhere. The main highlights including being able to choose your own music in the Aether Resort storefront (though you have to buy it with ingame currency, bleh) and the Banished 1st year 5 stars getting weekly summoning banners. Also those Mobage Raids that literally every other one of these things run.

Other updates include increased HM capacity, refines for Kagero, Elincia, Oscar and Saizo; and the ability to set up your AR defense team for both weeks.

Kinda tempted to rejoin for those Mobage Raids, just to get a taste of that dogshit, and the selectable music (because the series does have a solid stable of them), but I've missed out on two T_Ts, Mad Martigan Mareeta and Naga so its not an easy sell like it could've been a month and a half ago.