Author Topic: Scum's Wish (Kuzu no Honkai) -- it's kind of amazing

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com/
Scum's Wish (Kuzu no Honkai) -- it's kind of amazing
« on: February 24, 2017, 07:55:48 PM »
Right now the show is running on Amazon's exclusive "Anime Strike" channel ... free month, then $5/month after that, I think. They have a ton of stuff, some of it overlapping with other outlets. But among their exclusives, this "Scum's Wish" show is blowin' my mind.

They're up to episode 7 so far.

The show is about ... sex'n'stuff? Relationships and complications. Friends with benefits. Unrequited love. Age gap issues. Some people with crazy personality disorders that ruin everything.

And it's drop-dead serious. No fan-service BS. Still ... very erotic at times, I suppose. No explicit stuff. But very deep, introspective, and so far, reeeeally heartbreaking.

Modern school setting, yada yada. You'll recognize stereotypes, then you'll see them snapped in half as the writers try to create interesting, real-ish, multi-dimensional characters.

Also, op/end music and animations are solid. I have a lot to say about the ending animation and some of the "suggestive" things going on in the kaleidoscope of abstractions.

But I literally have no one to talk to about it. So someone go watch it so I can be like "YO that was CRAZY right?" :)

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
Re: Scum's Wish (Kuzu no Honkai) -- it's kind of amazing
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 10:42:01 PM »
bump. It's up to episode 10 now. It's getting more and more amazing.

Would someone please do the Anime Strike trial with Amazon and check this thing out? I'd love to hear others' opinions.

Seultoria

• 시발놈
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 04:41:50 PM »
I picked up the first two volumes of the manga and have read the first one and have found the premise to be very intriguing.

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 10:09:00 PM »
Hurray, a reply!!

The TV anime is up to ep 12. *EDIT* I just watched ep 12 and apparently that was the finale. I wanted a 13th episode ... but they covered all they needed to. It ended in a way I didn't expect ... and just maybe, didn't want. But there are bits of resolution that made me very happy, especially for the supporting cast. Also, the music in the final episode is crazy-good.

I don't really read/collect manga, but the people I've talked to that read this manga said 1) it's amazing and 2) the TV adaptation maintains the core content very well.

Visually, the anime is just stupidly good. And op/end themes ... find them on YouTube if you can. (They get pulled down all the time and other fans re-up). It's so good.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 10:39:45 PM by Ramza »