Site Related & More > RPGFan: Forums

'Likes' taking a long time to load

(1/3) > >>

Annubis:
I'm not sure if it's just me or everyone, but the pages of the site seem to load slowly because of 'likes' which take a while to appear.

Klutz64:
The site in general never seems to be done loading, according to my Firefox tab. Even when everything is displayed, the tab icon indicates its still waiting for something to finish loading. Once I left the forum open for a 7 hour shift and when I came home, the indicator was still saying it was trying to load something.

Not really affecting the site, and probably completely unrelated, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

Starmongoose:
For me the Likes take an extra second or two to show up, but I wouldn't say it was particularly slow.

I use Chrome and haven't met the issue you have Klutz, the site loads just fine for me pretty quickly.

Annubis:

--- Quote from: Klutz64 on March 21, 2017, 10:55:04 PM ---The site in general never seems to be done loading, according to my Firefox tab. Even when everything is displayed, the tab icon indicates its still waiting for something to finish loading. Once I left the forum open for a 7 hour shift and when I came home, the indicator was still saying it was trying to load something.

Not really affecting the site, and probably completely unrelated, but I figured I'd mention it anyway.

--- End quote ---

Could be Firefox related. I'm on Firefox too.

Frostillicus:
Firefox is honestly a shell of what it used to be... It was my favorite browser for a long time, but now it's seriously slow and glitchy, in comparison to its competitors (tested several myself). I actually got in trouble with the IT dept at work, because Firefox was constantly using a lot of bandwidth, even when not loading anything (just sitting there open). They thought I was streaming media.
I've recently been using a Chrome-sourced browser, and it's like a lightning bolt in comparison. I avoided the switch forever, but the difference cannot be denied. It doesn't do the whole passive bandwidth usage thing either. The pages here at RPGFan have been loading up fully, no problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version