Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com/
Romancing SaGa 3 on Vita!
« on: April 03, 2017, 11:58:10 PM »
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2017/6083.html

Assuming this gets localized (as they did with iOS RS2, and have said they are finishing up on Vita RS2), that means that the RS trilogy will finally be available in English!

Now ... that leaves the two latest releases for them to localize (Imperial SaGa for PC, SaGa Scarlet Grace for Vita). I'm kinda-sorta okay waiting on them, I put hundreds of hours into RS1 (Minstrel Song, PS2), and I suspect the same effect will happen with RS2 and RS3. :)

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Romancing SaGa 3 on Vita!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 12:39:24 AM »
http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2017/6083.html

Assuming this gets localized (as they did with iOS RS2, and have said they are finishing up on Vita RS2), that means that the RS trilogy will finally be available in English!

Now ... that leaves the two latest releases for them to localize (Imperial SaGa for PC, SaGa Scarlet Grace for Vita). I'm kinda-sorta okay waiting on them, I put hundreds of hours into RS1 (Minstrel Song, PS2), and I suspect the same effect will happen with RS2 and RS3. :)

Okay, fine, sure. Make a new thread why don't you.

Sarcasm aside, Imperial SaGa was, from what I've heard, a mobile title that hew closer to All The Bravest, rather than Record Keeper, and Scarlet Grace isn't even out in Japan yet.

Also, between this and the upcoming Mana collection containing SD3, if Squeenix either plays ball or gets someone on board to play ball for them, then these will complete the final Square era series' localizations (aside from Front Mission: Gun Hazard), and our 30 year quest will finally be at an end (and then we can start continue pestering them about localizing some of their standalone games from that era like Bahamut Lagoon, Live-A-Live or Alcahest; or some of their Enix era stuff like Elnard 2 or Terranigma for NA).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 02:05:45 AM »
Scarlet Grace came out in December.

Ramza

• Enjoying Retirement
  • Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.rpgfan.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 03:00:07 AM »

Did I miss a prior thread? I looked through topics before making this thread...

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 09:41:51 AM »
On the one hand I'm happy to see RS3 getting like a proper translation by someone that's presumably going to be a native English speaker. On the other hand

this remaster will sport renewed visuals in the character, menu and background department

^^^ please don't ^^^
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:46:34 AM by MeshGearFox »
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 10:28:48 AM »

Did I miss a prior thread? I looked through topics before making this thread...

I posted the initial announcement in the Gaming News Topic on the General Discussion Board a couple days back.

The biggest reason why I didn't just post a new thread was that this getting a localization isn't quite the news that Romancing SaGa 2's localization was (namely because unlike RS2, RS3 was actually fanslated back during the early aughts, and also because RS3 wasn't quite the massive step up that RS2 was, game design-wise; the game's more of a footnote compared to RS2, SF1 & SF2). Also the SaGa series in general isn't terribly popular and not to the tastes of many RPGFannies.

But yeah, if you feel its worth a thread, then don't let my cynicism stop you.

Towns Car Marty

• at the halloween party
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Dryboy Quest XI
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 05:35:16 PM »
On the one hand I'm happy to see RS3 getting like a proper translation by someone that's presumably going to be a native English speaker. On the other hand

this remaster will sport renewed visuals in the character, menu and background department

^^^ please don't ^^^

What they did to RS2 actually looks pretty decent, dude. I mean, not amazing, but not nearly as bad as FF6 mobile/steam

MeshGearFox

• HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 08:50:33 PM »

^^^ please don't ^^^

What they did to RS2 actually looks pretty decent, dude. I mean, not amazing, but not nearly as bad as FF6 mobile/steam

Good point! I've just always been really fond of RS3's look. Guess that's nostalgia for ya :S
o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2017, 11:43:24 PM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/04/12/romancing-saga-3-finally-getting-western-release/

Nothing specific, but a western release is currently in the cards (once they actually remake the game that is; expect a 2018 release at the earliest).