Author Topic: Suikoden 5

Limlight

• View Profile
Re: Suikoden 5
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2017, 10:39:47 PM »
I hope OP decided to stick with the game. Suikoden 5 is one of the greatest, and most underrated RPGs on the PS2. It's up there with S2 if you ask me.

I do agree that S5 is criminally underrated but I just can't put it up with S2, that's an all time great of story telling to me personally. However, S5 is still good, but I just enjoy the series so much so i'm a bit biased.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 10:48:47 AM »
While going through my stuff recently I found my copy of Suikoden V.  Unfortunately, the thing is sealed brand new copy and I find myself reluctant to open it in order to play the game.

Proposal: emulate it, since you do own it legally.  Once you're done, you can either hold on to it, or sell it for $100+.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 11:58:15 AM »
While going through my stuff recently I found my copy of Suikoden V.  Unfortunately, the thing is sealed brand new copy and I find myself reluctant to open it in order to play the game.

Proposal: emulate it, since you do own it legally.  Once you're done, you can either hold on to it, or sell it for $100+.
Sketchy territory, but in all reality I believe this is a legal option in this case. You could also just...idk...play the game and enjoy what you spent your money on, not giving a damn about the resale value of a game as a collector's item.

TASTY!

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 03:11:11 PM »
^ especially since it's not available (for purchase) digitally

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice"

sandiny0ursh0es

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 09:16:19 PM »
This game is worth playing simply for the castle-building and finding all the characters, like all the other Suikoden games. Play it!

Alisha

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2017, 03:33:05 PM »
ok this is gonna sound crazy but i enjoyed suikoden 4 and found V to be pretty medicore. my guess is that suikoden V is like the FF9 of the suikoden series since people that played 1 and 2 tend to like it. for me though the combo of suikoden 4 and rhapsodia were a better tale. i tried to trudge through suikoden V but when a certain character gets poisoned the game grinds to a halt and i lost all interest in the game. plus La Mer is epic.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2017, 07:56:37 AM »
I was thinking about suikoden 5 today and how I didn't like it though so there's that.

Honestly Suikoden 5 was where me and like the "JRPG community" if there really is one kinda parted ways.. lots of people liked it apparently but I thought it was so lame by comparison.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.