Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:26:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319226 Posts in 13034 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden V  (Read 48262 times)
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: April 28, 2006, 12:42:01 PM »

Quote from: "Andrmgic"
Honestly, there are places in the game where the random encounter rate is so high that I'd have snapped my disc in half in the battles were hard.

So I'm glad they weren't. High encounter rates + hard difficulty = suck, imho.

That's lame.

I imagine you never made through any SMT game. :X
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2006, 12:48:08 PM »

Well, the difference between Suikoden V and the (PS2) SMT games is that in the latter, battles start pretty much immediately after you encounter an enemy. I, too, was very annoyed by the high encounter rate, coupled with the long loading times, in Suikoden V. They add up to make some of the dungeon exploration parts really tedious.
Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2006, 01:29:55 PM »

Quote from: "Testament"
Honestly, there are places in the game where the random encounter rate is so high that I'd have snapped my disc in half in the battles were hard.

So I'm glad they weren't. High encounter rates + hard difficulty = suck, imho.

That's lame.

I imagine you never made through any SMT game. :X

I don't find the setting of SMT games appealing, so I haven't played them.

Seems like I tried SMT once.. but I thought it didn't make any sense so I put it down and never picked it up again. (I felt pretty much the same way about Killer 7, really.. but I didn't enjoy that feeling in a rpg)

In truth, I loathe random battles in general. There just happen to be some games that I want to play enough to put up with them.

They got on my nerves in Dragon Quest 8 as well, as with pretty much every other rpg that I've played, though I largely stopped tolerating them after Final Fantasy X.

I'd love to see all games go to having visible enemies, whether I can escape from them on the map or not.. but that is a discussion for another thread..

I didn't mind the loading times in Suikoden V, and there were a few battles that I actually thought were difficult..

Code:

The battles at the last ruins, on the way to face the sun rune. I hadn't been prepared for a boss battle, so a number of my characters were too weak to handle the fighting.. I barely survived the first boss that I had to face.. I had 2 characters alive at the end of it and I had used all of my health items.

I've always hated the forced splitting up of parties and in this case I just wasn't prepared for the fight with the characters I had in that party.

[/code]
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2006, 09:02:10 PM »

So, I beat the game today, with the worst possible ending, but I have found the supposedly best ending in the net. Enjoy:
http://download.yousendit.com/67F62723204A8603
Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2006, 09:37:07 PM »

Quote from: "Bogatyr"
So, I beat the game today, with the worst possible ending, but I have found the supposedly best ending in the net. Enjoy:
http://download.yousendit.com/67F62723204A8603

yeah, that is the one I got.. very fulfilling and happy ending, imho.

Code:

I had one of the bad endings for spoiled for me.. so I went and recruited all of the stars before it was too late

Out of curiosity, which "bad" ending did you get?

Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2006, 10:33:40 PM »

Code:
No doubt it's the one where Lyon dies in the hero's arms, and then Lymsleia is left to build the country by herself while the hero disappears afterwards.

The worst possible complete ending is still a good one, imo.
Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2006, 10:46:42 PM »

Quote from: "Hathen"
Code:
No doubt it's the one where Lyon dies in the hero's arms, and then Lymsleia is left to build the country by herself while the hero disappears afterwards.

The worst possible complete ending is still a good one, imo.

Code:

well, she's still got Miakis.. whether she wants her around or not haha

However, yeah.. that is the ending I was thinking of..
GoD
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: April 30, 2006, 04:49:33 AM »

i am almost 30 hrs into the the game i find suikoden v to be one of the best rpgs i have played on the PS2.
i am a proud suikoden fan. played all the releases and i so far find suikoden v to be the on top of all. reminds me so much of suikoden 1 and 2 which where one of my all time fav's.
still going threw into the game hopefully i will post my ending and how it went threw the ending after i beat the game.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: April 30, 2006, 02:22:32 PM »

Yes, Hathen is right, thats the one I got.
I was checking the FAQs for all the SOD yesterday, and some of them seem to be really impossible to know how to get without a guide.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2006, 09:56:25 PM »

I give in. This game is pretty bomb :P

The whole re-taking over of the Prince's Castle made me realize this. So far, the past 15 hours or so of the game have been incredible, and it's a shame that it took this long for things to get rolling (for me anyways).

Plus, now I have dragons :)
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: May 01, 2006, 11:51:58 AM »

For those of you who beat the game. How far am I from the end? I'm at the part where The Prince's Army is about to storm Doraat.
Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: May 01, 2006, 02:46:39 PM »

Quote from: "SabreWulf11887"
For those of you who beat the game. How far am I from the end? I'm at the part where The Prince's Army is about to storm Doraat.

I'd say around Half Way... have you taken Doraat before or no?

If no, I'd say about half way.
SabreWulf11887

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: May 02, 2006, 09:24:41 AM »

Quote from: "SabreWulf11887"

I'd say around Half Way... have you taken Doraat before or no?

If no, I'd say about half way.

No, this is the first time I'll be going to Doraat.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: June 09, 2006, 12:12:24 PM »

Back from the dead.....
Interest in this game really seemed to drop.

Anyway...does this game ever pick up the pace??? It seems all I do is walk around and just talk to people with gameplay on the far back burner.

I'm at the....
Code:
sacred games final where belcoot was drugged

I really don't have any feelings towards the prince...which is making it hard for me to be pulled into the game.
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: June 09, 2006, 01:00:09 PM »

Picks up almost right after the Sacred games, so keep at it (your almost there).

As for the Prince...  You are the Prince, which is why the give you so many opportunities to speak for him.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: