Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 10:14:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334848 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden V  (Read 51376 times)
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2006, 03:51:57 PM »

I went on my lunch hour to pre-purchase KHII and to see if they had this game yet. They did! The dude even gave me the artbook and cd. Not sure if it was extra or somebody elses but that was cool of him considering I did not pre-purchase.
Can't wait to play.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Shadow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2006, 05:11:37 PM »

Quote from: "Marona"
my copy just arrived in the mail today, cant wait to delve into it! only problem that came is that I didnt get the artbook / soundtrack that was advertised with the game on gamestop that I would have received for preordering. However they did give me a "me and my katamari handbag" which is very cute. Did this happen to anybody else as well?

Same thing happend to what I received from Gamestop just a little while ago.  There's a "Katamari" handbag, even though I did preorder.  And to add insult to injury the Packing List even lists "premium, suikoden v artbook".  

*sigh* oh well I've gotten used to this happening with bonus items for our games, I guess that's why we'll never get LE's here on a higher percentage of our games like Japan does.

I can't wait to play it after dinner!
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2006, 05:56:51 PM »

This game is good.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2006, 06:43:54 PM »

I just picked up my copy today.  I'm really excited and can't wait to play it, this weekend, since I'm kind of busy this week with projects.  My EB didn't get the artbook in, despite me preordering over a month ago.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2006, 08:16:40 PM »

So, can't you do something about this? This is called rip-off.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2006, 08:40:55 PM »

Quote from: "Bogatyr"
So, can't you do something about this? This is called rip-off.

What are you talking about? What could he possibly do? Whine, bitch and moan because he didn't get something that is free? Something that not every store gets? People have this sense of entitlement, like they deserve something because they are special.  Yeah...go do something...you totally got ripped off! Fucking idiots.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2006, 09:07:52 PM »

I dont think its wrong for people to get a little bent out of shape when they didnt receive something that they were offered even if it is free, its kind of like waving a steak over a dogs head and then pulling it away at the last second.

Its definatly not a ripoff but a dissapointment since the item was a promotional incentive to preorder / purchase the item at full price, it may not seem like that big of a deal to you but im sure you would feel a little dissapointed if you were entitled to a free gift for doing something in return, and then finding out that you wont be receiving it.
Shadow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2006, 09:14:45 PM »

I definitely agree it's dissappointing and makes everyone angry, mainly because all you can think about is, "what if I preordered at _____ instead?"

The most you could reall do is call/e-mail and tell them what you didn't get.  They'll almost definitely say we'll put you down and try to get you one if we get anymore, but odds are they either didn't get any or they got a handful and I did pre-order rather late (like beginning of this month).

I tried that when I got Digital Devil Saga 2 and they did the same thing with the bonus for that, put it on the packing list but didn't include it.  When I called they said that it was a widespread issue and that basically nobody got it and that they expected them to come in a week or so and that I'd be one of the first on the list, but it never happened.

I'm not really surprised by this anymore, since our companies do a rather terrible job of anticipating their bonus demand (and probably only give each store like 1 or 2 of them).  Until they start charging more for "LE-style" releases, like many Japanese game releases, though I doubt there's much we can do.

I just wish I knew where to pre-order from in advance.  Sometimes I've had more luck online with Gamestop and others times at the local EB (sometimes they get them when they don't even know bonuses will exist for a game).  It only sucks that it's impossible to predict where I should spend my money >_<  I wonder if my local EB has the bonuses, maybe I'll call them tomorrow just for fun lol.

Fortunately I love this series, and all indications are that this is up there with the best games of the series, so the moment I pop in the game I'll probably forget all about it whether I get them in the end or not :)

Yeesh, how did this message get so long? :(
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2006, 09:27:40 PM »

Quote from: "Marona"
I dont think its wrong for people to get a little bent out of shape when they didnt receive something that they were entitled and or promised to even if it is free, its kind of like waving a steak over a dogs head and then pulling it away at the last second.

Its definatly not a ripoff but a dissapointment since the item was a promotional incentive to preorder / purchase the item at full price, it may not seem like that big of a deal to you but im sure you would feel a little dissapointed if you were entitled to a free gift for doing something in return, and then finding out that you wont be receiving it.

They aren't entitled to it, nor should they have been promised it. Usually there is a disclaimer of "While supplies last". I deal with this shit every fucking day. I had some fucking douche bag yelling at me because he didn't get the Guild Wars pre-order disc. You know what fuck face? We don't make them here in the store, so why don't you go shove your fucking hand up NCSofts ass for not sending me a fuck ton of them? It's the same way for all the items. Stores get a couple, or none at all, and usually get more pre-orders than they have items. It's the nature of the beast. Deal with it.

Edit:If you really want one, I can see if I have any left at my store. Just send me a PM if you want one and I can see if we have any.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2006, 09:27:42 PM »

I almost pre-ordered this just for the artbook and cd (of course i want the game too, but the other stuff is really nice).

After hearing all this, i'm glad I didn't.  I am practically out of money until the end of the month.  I'll just pick it up then.  I hope it's good.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Shadow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2006, 09:33:46 PM »

I don't think anyone here is that angry about it...atleast I'm not.  I don't see why anyone would blame the store or the guy working in the store tho, it's the company's fault for vastly underproducing, if anything it's just sad that it seems like this situation is the norm rather than the exception.

If anything I'm grateful to some of the guy's behind the counter in my local EB for instance, I've gotten a couple of bonuses from them when I didn't preorder since no one ever even announced there'd be a bonus. :)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2006, 10:14:37 PM »

Cool game so far, and I lvoe where its going.... but dammit (this was already a complaint in reviews) the prologue is too, too long.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2006, 11:09:40 PM »

If you don't preorder and expect those items, I'd agree with you Dagg. But if you preorder and don't get those items... While it's wrong (most of the time at least) to blame the cashier, I do think it's a genuine problem when the company fails to meet the expectations of the loyal fans who put down money before the game came out.

Yeah, it's 'free', but it's almost in the same manner as getting something for free with a box of cereal - and if that box of cereal didn't have my free toy, I'd be pretty annoyed. :P

I'll pick this up later and hope that when I do, the online stores are still giving the bonuses with it. At this point though, I think I'm pretty much screwed.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2006, 11:09:48 PM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
Long thing.

I can see wher eyou're coming from, but think of it this way.

Companies and stores are basically going "Hey, buy this NOW, BEFORE the price drop, and you get all this cool stuff!" Then when it gets down to it, not only do you NOT get the free stuff, but you have to pay a higher price than if you had bought it a few months later.

If it were a written contract it would probably constitute fraud for any other deal. But this is just a game offer. SO hey, we're not getting something we're pretty much promised and entitled to. That's pretty much bullshit.

CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2006, 11:22:24 PM »

I can relate to being upset when I don't get my pre-order goodies.  When I went through the stores, the employees would sometimes give the stuff away to people who didn't even pre-order it.  I know this because I talked to one of the people who worked there and she told me that's probably what happened.  To make a long story short, I filed a complaint and I got my pre-ordered stuff a couple of days later.  That's why I usually get my stuff online.  It's a hell of a lot more reliable when it comes to pre-order items.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: