Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 07:53:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329391 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden V  (Read 50211 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2006, 11:24:34 PM »

So I didn't get my stuff either.

I'm not happy.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2006, 11:30:37 PM »

I got my stuff. It's not great though. I really want the original artbook they sold with the LE in Japan. >_<
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2006, 11:48:50 PM »

So apparently the good folks at Gamestop have gotten LOTS of calls about this.

My brother Hathen called them and just said "Suikoden V" and the operator was all "Yeah, we didn't notice this problem until yesterday or today, and the artbook will be sent out. It's in the mail now."

So we'll see. Hopefully it's true and we'll get the stuff after the fact.

Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2006, 01:37:29 AM »

Just bought my copy today, and I got the free junk too, which is a first for me. I always thought that you had to preorder something to get extra stuff (like with DDS2 and the music CD, or Grandia III and its little mountain climbing clip....thing).

Hope you all get the artbook (and CD inside) just fine :P
Marona

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2006, 04:54:32 AM »

Quote from: "Daggerstrike"
They aren't entitled to it, nor should they have been promised it. Usually there is a disclaimer of "While supplies last". I deal with this shit every fucking day. I had some fucking douche bag yelling at me because he didn't get the Guild Wars pre-order disc. You know what fuck face? We don't make them here in the store, so why don't you go shove your fucking hand up NCSofts ass for not sending me a fuck ton of them? It's the same way for all the items. Stores get a couple, or none at all, and usually get more pre-orders than they have items. It's the nature of the beast. Deal with it.

Edit:If you really want one, I can see if I have any left at my store. Just send me a PM if you want one and I can see if we have any.

ack, well I hope I didnt sound like I was insulting the fine workers of ebgames, gamestop and the like - I know your just doing your job and its not your fault and I can imagine the amount of angry calls you get for silly stuff like this. If you think you have bad customers - can you imagine what horses do when they dont get the food that they request? or thier daily brushing? yeesh talk about your bunches of sour grapes and I have the bruises to prove it! to bad I cant file restraining orders against animals.

Im not angry with my shipment at all, afterall they sent me an apology gift which is very cute! I also got an email saying that they are sending out the books to people asap that missed them when thier game was shipped out (since in the order confirmation it stated that the book was included and had been shipped with the package) To clear up my previous statement - Entitled and promised wernt the best choices of words to use, but I mostly meant the people that preordered thier game off of the website when the promotion was availible and it listed the items in the order status, other than that I cant see getting upset if you didnt get one.

I cant help but feel responsible for starting the griping and sullying this great games thread, hopefully ill be able to input something about the game when I get a chance to play it, im hoping I will have a light work load so I can just sit at home and delve into it. (I also have a ton of music to work through, im getting around to it dincrest! I think....)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2006, 06:11:18 AM »

Back to the fact that Suikoden V rocks.

I just got to...

Code:
Realising how awesome Lyon is. I love that girl. But I love Lym even more. "I won't cry... If I cry, they win." God she's a brave girl. Just lost her kingdom to the Godwins and all...

My review should be posted soon. ^^
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2006, 07:10:04 AM »

Although I would have loved the preorder bonus for Suikoden V, I'm not really upset.  The reason is because I'm very use to it.  I preordered Digital Devil Saga 2, Tales of Legendia, Grandia III, Suikoden V, and many other games in the past, and did not get the bonus items.  The only game I ever got the bonus item for, was the Xenosaga DVD that came with preordering Episode II.  Some may wonder why I continue to go to the same EB, but that's because it's within 5 minute walking distance.  I know the manager very well, and he admitted that corporate rarely sends bonus items to his store.  It kind of surprises me that's the case, because corporate considers that EB to me a small area one, but it happens to be around the biggest college in my state, where there can be several preorders for games.  When I was home during the summer, I preodered at a different EB, which was in my hometown, for Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana.  My hometown store was known to get bonus items, but I didn't get the bonus CD.  I guess I just have bad luck.  I won't be surprised if I see Suikoden V on sale this week, at Fry's, along with the artbook, but I wouldn't have been able to make it there this weekend (It's 2 hours away).
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2006, 08:49:42 AM »

Yeah, I didn't receive the premiums offered with Suikoden V when pre-ordering. Since I ordered online this time, I sent an e-mail to see if I can still get one. If I do, that's great; if I don't, c'est la vie.

As for Suikoden V itself, I've only played 4 hours in and I'm already in love. Storywise, it's starting to gain momentum and I'm intrigued to see where it will go. So far, I'm liking all the characters introduced. Georg for the win. :)
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2006, 10:09:36 AM »

Quote from: "Bogatyr"
So, can't you do something about this? This is called rip-off.

What are you talking about? What could he possibly do? Whine, bitch and moan because he didn't get something that is free? Something that not every store gets? People have this sense of entitlement, like they deserve something because they are special.  Yeah...go do something...you totally got ripped off! Fucking idiots.

You are an idiot. If there was an expectation - read, an agreement - that a preorder ensues these bonus, they are obliged to it.

EDIT: Just read the other posts. There are people who pre order games just for the bonus. Otherwise they could just wait for a drop in price. If you preorder something for the bonus, and don't get it, what is that if not a rip-off? I don't care if it is free or not.
If you are frustrated at your job, because people yell at your face, that's your fucking problem. Go get a diploma and consider getting a better job.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2006, 10:17:20 AM »

So, can't you do something about this? This is called rip-off.

What are you talking about? What could he possibly do? Whine, bitch and moan because he didn't get something that is free? Something that not every store gets? People have this sense of entitlement, like they deserve something because they are special.  Yeah...go do something...you totally got ripped off! Fucking idiots.

You are an idiot. If there was an expectation - read, an agreement - that a preorder ensues these bonus, they are obliged to it.

There is an expectation, but that does not constitute an agreement if the expectation is only one sided. The items are in limited supply, and every sign about pre-orderig states that. A pre-order does not ensure anything except that you will get the game when it is released. If they receive enough of the pre-order items for everyone to get one, then that is all well and good, but that rarely happens. The store does not control how many they get.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2006, 10:25:52 AM »

If they said a preorder ensues a bonus, necessarily they are obliged to it. Otherwise they are not.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2006, 01:15:15 PM »

BUT DAGG!!! THEY PROMISED!!!!!!

Quit crying children. You didnt get your shit....boohoo.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Shadow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2006, 11:38:51 PM »

I'm only a bit into the game and I already love it's style, from the visuals to the music to the way the cutscenes are directed.  Love the character designs (both the 3D models and the portraits).  I personally think the choices of the voice actors so far is excellent (but I like dubs so I'm relatively easy to please I suppose).  

Not to mention, to me, this game definitely seems to have captured the "real" Suikoden feel again with what seems like a large sense of scale and the return of personality/mystery/interest in all the characters.  

I've barely met what amounts to a handful of characters so far and yet I'm loving them all, they each feel different and you can actually get a feel for how they are going to respond to each situation.  Very well done for a start.
I'm really looking forwards to getting to the meat of the storyline.  As well as really anticipating meeting the future playable characters as it looks like they've paid extra attention to making them all interesting, something I hope keeps up for atleast the majority of the characters (a few lighter ones wouldn't surprise me since we're talking 108 characters here ;))
Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2006, 03:18:53 AM »

Deffinately picking up Suikoden V next time I'm out. Looks really good. I skipped IV, cause I wasn't a big fan of it.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2006, 03:41:31 PM »

I wish I got the artbook, too.  You really need creativity and patience to be a Suiko artist, and they really execute it well.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: