Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 08:12:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329941 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden V  (Read 50341 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2006, 08:43:27 PM »

I'm now around 18 hours into the game and DAMN it's fine.

Ash is right: This IS better than Suikoden II. Hot-diggity-damn better.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2006, 09:32:36 PM »

Quote from: "Hidoshi"
I'm now around 18 hours into the game and DAMN it's fine.

Ash is right: This IS better than Suikoden II. Hot-diggity-damn better.

That means SOMETHING. But I just ordered Romancing Saga, and I will wait for this one to drop prices.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2006, 09:59:12 PM »

You sir, are committing an error of monolithic proportions. As much as I do enjoy RoSaGa, Suikoden V is a game of much higher calibre.

I can't believe I just sat there from 3-9 playing this game. Six hours? SIX FUCKING HOURS? I finally realised the sun was down and I was hungry when I finally put that controller down. Holy crap.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 25, 2006, 12:22:49 AM »

Yeah, this game does keep getting better and better.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
rubenxce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 25, 2006, 12:26:11 AM »

Hidoshi I got you beat :P I played the game today from 9 am to 1 am. Leaving the game on to eat/crap/bath whatnot.  After 30 hours into the game I finally decided to read a fag to get the 108 stars of destiny. Well I failed, after reading the fag and checking some message boards I can only get 106 SoD's. 2 of them are already lost foreever.  No am wondering if I should just restart the game or wait for the New game +. (The + really doesnt give you anything that special that makes the game easier than it already is). Yes this is better than 2, and it goes back to the roots of 1 and 2.  Although I still put Suikoden 3 ahead since its my favorite PS2 RPG ever.  Although the Story for 5 is better than 3, I loved the Trinity System way to much.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 25, 2006, 01:00:37 AM »

I don't have the game, but if it isn't abnormally long I'd just stick it through. It's supposed to have 11 endings, and even if it's over stupid decisions and the like, if they're as different as Suikoden 2's endings I'd say it's worth just replaying and seeing the different ending with all 108.
Sketch
Sam I Am
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 25, 2006, 02:11:54 AM »

Wait. 108 stars? The back of the box says "over 60" playable characters. If there are really 108, like normally, why wouldn't they just flat out say it?

Can someone clarify?
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 25, 2006, 02:20:51 AM »

108 are recruitable, but not all of them participate in battle.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 25, 2006, 03:52:11 AM »

Quote from: "Leyviur"
108 are recruitable, but not all of them participate in battle.
Bingo.

Sheesh, I'd think anyone who's familiar with the series would know by know that a good number don't join in battle. :P
Lyonaz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2006, 07:03:34 AM »

I just got Suikoden III and V yesterday. Had a quick look at both and in V Georg Prime looks absolutely cool, why doesn't the hero in V have cool clothes like that? Reminded me of the Shinigami in Bleach.
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2006, 07:51:09 AM »

Damn you all. I was going to wait with getting this game, but after reading the last few posts I don't see any choice but to order this game right away. Guess it's gonna be another month of instant noodles.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2006, 10:20:53 AM »

Hidoshi,

Hehe, I believe you, but I doubt I could get Suikoden V for 20.50 including shipping.
But you did set my expectations even higher. I just wish it sells way, so Konami can get the right message: We want Suikoden games which play like Suikoden games.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2006, 09:27:40 AM »

Queen's Knight Kyle (left) and Sergeant Kurz Weber (right)

Separated at birth?

Haven

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2006, 10:20:10 AM »

Quote from: "Cauton"
Damn you all. I was going to wait with getting this game, but after reading the last few posts I don't see any choice but to order this game right away. Guess it's gonna be another month of instant noodles.

It will be worth it. This is the game I have been waiting for. My only gripe so far is that you cant rotate the camera. Kinda sucks not being able to see eveything, but I can live with that. The story starts out fucking epic, and is really keeping pace so far. The best part is that it wasnt 50 bucks too!

Shadow

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2006, 11:56:42 PM »

Yeah, the thing that's amazing to me as I keep getting further in is that it doesn't just start epic and get smaller it keeping up the pace and it's doing a fabulous job of getting you emotionally invested in the characters and storyline.  This is what expect from Suikoden.

LOL, yeah that Kurz/Kyle comparison is pretty good.  Not only do they look alike their personalities are virtually identical ;)  His line is still one of the funniest so far.

I agree, if there's one thing to fault the only setting of the camera that's really useful is the first one (fully zoomed out).  It's not a bad view (it's basically the same view as suikoden 1 and 2), but a choice between this view and something like the camera from the last two games/skies of arcadia would have been a nice option.  In exchange for the scale of the towns and such this game offers so far though I'll nudge that off as a nit-pick, but I can certainly see how others could dock points for it.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: