Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 19, 2014, 03:51:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331654 Posts in 13579 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden V  (Read 50710 times)
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: March 29, 2006, 04:59:25 PM »

Quote from: "cosapi"
Actually, I've nothing against newer games. Or the concept thereof. There is however a distinct lack of appreciation for different forms of media these days. And that is what I have issues with.

I simply prefer the appropriate as opposed to the unnecessary.

Wait one second, wasn't it you who complained about 3D games earlier in this thread? Isn't that a lack of appreciation of visuals other than 2D?

As for the second part of your post, more specifically this means appropriate = 2D and unnecessary = 3D or what :P? Seriously, nostalgia is nice and all, but as someone already mentioned above, what is the point of bothering with "unnecessary" things if you know that you don't like them anyways?
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: March 29, 2006, 05:21:09 PM »

Actually, I've nothing against newer games. Or the concept thereof. There is however a distinct lack of appreciation for different forms of media these days. And that is what I have issues with.

And speaking of unnecessary, the load times are 10 seconds per random battle. From the moment your character ceases movement, till the combat menu appears. 10 seconds, time it yourself.

Hey buddy, just did so. Save for very rare incidences, average total loading time? 6 seconds. Either get a new stopwatch or check your disc/laser, 'cause something is wrong with your copy or machine.

But really, I think just about everyone's tired of you. Get out.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: March 29, 2006, 05:45:17 PM »

And speaking of unnecessary, the load times are 10 seconds per random battle. From the moment your character ceases movement, till the combat menu appears. 10 seconds, time it yourself.

Bullshit sense, tingling!

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: March 29, 2006, 09:06:43 PM »

Id like to talk about this. As I said before, the characters are great and in this installment I really enjoyed reading the articles and would really spend hours to explore the hq and talk to the characters even if I heard it before. I also really find it funny and interesting what some of the characters say too such as....

Though not really plot related, they might be spoilers of some sort so just to play safe.

Code:
Wilhelm: "What's goin' on here? There's even more women than before! What are you doin'? Puttin' together a harem?!"

and..

Code:
Kyle: "Ready at your side, my lady! Oh, yours too, Your Highness."

I also liked....

Code:
Mathias: "We shall exact final retribution against the Godwins, and deposit their loathsome corpses into the nearest bog"

Of course theres many other lines I find interesting like Lu and Egberts, but I don't normally remember line for line and these were just some I talked about in messengers when I played or can access. Maybe I should do a gaming quote thread of some sort, don't ya think?

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2006, 06:10:55 AM »

My favourite so far has been anything from Egbert, including:

Code:
"Hear me filfthy devils, my wrath shall rain upon you! To WAR!"
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2006, 06:04:45 PM »

Things are already rapidly getting better and today as I played a particular part began, my heart got real heavy and shift to higher gear and just really got into especially when....

Code:
Into the war battle against a certain someone and when more of the queens knights return and get into detail of that incident and I cried here and here

I still love II for many reasons, but this has really became in the lvl of the greatness of II and also some of my other all time favorite RPG's like Skies of Arcadia, DDS, FF IV, Grandia II etc.....

I was unsure since it took me a long time to get into (probobly longer than a lot of you), but this has truly shaped up to be a masterpiece. I want the series to continue and grace us more of its excelent story and characters.

Urban Sketch

timbrown96@hotmail.com Tha+Jamurai
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2006, 11:40:10 PM »

Anyone know if you need to get all the 108 Stars of Destiny to get the best ending? I screwed up getting Egbert.

TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2006, 11:47:16 PM »

Quote from: "Urban Sketch"
Anyone know if you need to get all the 108 Stars of Destiny to get the best ending? I screwed up getting Egbert.

Yes you do. 108 stars is required to get one of the 2 good endings. It happens and hear the normla endigns are good too.

Urban Sketch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: March 31, 2006, 12:13:18 AM »

Well shucks. Looks like I'll be playing through this game again directly after beating it.

Marshmallow

OH NO OH NO OH NO

AuroMarshmallow
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: March 31, 2006, 08:23:02 AM »

You can still get Eggbert if you fuck up. Just go back to him and try again after a major event.

rubenxce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: March 31, 2006, 09:35:39 AM »

Finally finished Suikoden 5 with the 108 Sod's. Took me around 80 hours. Dont remember exactly so am rounding off to 80 but around there. This game became my second favorite PS2 RPG after Suikoden 3.  It's just a feeling that I get when I played this games that I dont get with other games. Thats how I rate my games.  I dunno everything is just great about this game story, music, caracters, different choices you can make during the game, etc. Plus all the cool mini games in the castle. :P
Urban Sketch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: March 31, 2006, 12:07:35 PM »

Quote from: "Marshmallow"
You can still get Eggbert if you fuck up. Just go back to him and try again after a major event.

Really? Thanks! I'll try again later in the game.

Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: April 01, 2006, 12:25:34 PM »

Ok, couldn't resist. It seems the game is too damn good, that I just ordered, even though I just bought Minstrel Song for 22 total, and there are many games that I want to buy which are cheap by now - like RE 4 for gamecube. I payed 46 USD including shipping. That was the cheapest I could get. I hope in a few weeks it does not get much cheaper, because that would piss me.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: April 02, 2006, 09:08:17 PM »

Well, I'm 6 hours into Sui5 and I don't know... I do feel that the loading times ARE a little longer relative to other RPGs and that it does bring the fun factor down a little bit. I'm the type of person that really appreciates fast loading times, I just want to get on with the game. Battling is pretty stale too, I'm not really using any strategy-- just hitting attack. The story is what's driving me for now, but judging from everyone's comments, I'm sure that's all going to change.

I think for me, building the castle and finding all 108 is the main thing about this series. The series never really needed a story that made me go woooow or a spectacular battle system-- they've all been more or less average in that department. The excitement really starts once you get your castle and start recruiting. I just hope I get to do that soon. Suikoden 3 took forever to get to that point-- somewhere around 30 hours. And that's when I really start enjoying that game.

Gorelab

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: April 03, 2006, 11:50:27 PM »

I'm not totally sure if this has been asked, I don't think I saw it. Do the choices you make matter very much?

Code:
Could I be a total bastard and betray my sister and side with the Barows as a puppet king? Or not ruin them? Or are all the choices cosmetic?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: