Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 07:23:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334804 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print
Author Topic: Suikoden V  (Read 51348 times)
GhaleonOne

GhaleonOne
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: April 21, 2006, 12:14:12 AM »

Also, I have no clue why some people are saying the music sucks. I love the music. I think it's totally awesome.

Agreed. I meant to comment on that in my last post. There's a few songs that aren't very inspiring, but overall, I think it's an above average soundtrack with quite a few really good songs. It has the same music-feel that Suikoden I and II had, at least to me.

More on Richard...

Code:
I had him in the party when I was liberating Stormfist and he took the Prince's place in dueling Childerich. I would assume Belcoot and anyone else that was in the games might have done the same had they been in the party, but I haven't gone back to try yet. Honestly, Richard would have made a great Commander of the Queen's Knights. Mueller would HAVE to respect him then. :P

-G1
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: April 21, 2006, 12:32:52 AM »

I don't want Richard anywhere near my sister.

Lym: Richard! Are you going out to see that tall man again?
Richard: Never you mind, your highness.
Lym: What DO you two do together anyway?
Richard: You don't need to know, your highness...

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: April 21, 2006, 12:51:10 AM »

Richard quote of the day.

I wish he(Mueller) wouldn't hit me with his rod so hard.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: April 22, 2006, 03:46:54 PM »

I am at the deep forest
Code:
to save Lyon
and I got to say to explore this place with this game's encounter rate is one of the worst experiences I have had in a RPG.
Anyway, was there any missable characters to this point?
Oh, the major revelation so far
Code:
Georg killing Arshtat
was hardly something unexpected. I knew that the moment I saw him and Ferid talking in the beginning of the game.
This game has some fine twists, but all of them are plain obvious to foresee miles ahead.
Zack

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: April 22, 2006, 08:31:45 PM »

Mm...
This being my first Suikoden, and having beat it a bit ago...
All in all I am preeetty much in love with the game. Loved the music, loved the characters, loved the story... you get the idea. I blasted through it the first time around and only managed like 50 stars, so I'm replaying to get the full 108.

Also: Don't worry, there's still twists left.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: April 25, 2006, 11:18:51 AM »

I just got to the final castle defense in my new game + file.

Code:
When Roy shouted "Where is your honor?!" and got killed by the hail of arrows, I screamed, "ROY! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: April 25, 2006, 04:15:14 PM »

ALL the games had missable characters, and besides, if you missed 1 character you just screwed yourself out of the good endings and would've needed to replay ANYWAY.

It's more that one character who yo umiss 5 more with that bothers me then. You encounter him and only have the chance to get him at a fairly early point in the game.  It's not a game breaking flaw, just a nuisance.

The music was alright, but a lot of the tracks were very repetetive. Like Sauronix castle for example.  A lot of them seemed to be a few certain beats or whatever looped over in short intervals. They seemed less of full songs to me. There is some good ones though, like lordlake and the forest areas music, and especially the different fight music you get if you put a character with bard skill in your support convoy.

And about the errand boy thing, do I even need to remind anyone of Suikoden 1's "Oh hey give this star ... report... thing to Leknaat." That was even more retarded than anything in this game.

wasnt the whole point of doing those  missions for that moron that you didn't have t odo such trivial nonsense after you became leader of the liberation army? I mean, even your characters commented on how stupid and below your ability Kraze's jobs were. I was just hoping by the fifth game they would've gone a little bit farther than the errand boy feeling for the main character. 2 and 3 developed the mc role a little bit more, this one just seemed like not so much.

Richard was cool, however I thought that because he only gets one free rune slot he wasn't  able to reach what some characters were capable of. What really annoys me is how (some) fans think he's gay just because of how he likes to mess with mueller.

I just got to the final castle defense in my new game + file.

I loved that scene in your spoiler. It was one of the only parts in the game I actually was emotionally drawn into.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2006, 12:43:59 AM »

You guys any good with game 'percent completion'?

I just got to finished up with the Island Nations thing and got Burnadette on my side.

Got any estimates? I'm just curious since I got Atelier Iris 2 today, and am pretty anxious to play it :P
Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2006, 01:01:42 AM »

If I recall, that is just before the Coronation and the Queen's Campaign (a little after that) depending on your play speed, I'd say you have 12-16 hours left.

I beat the game with 63 hours on the clock.. but I forgot what my time was at that point in the game.
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2006, 02:04:18 PM »

I just finished the first major event (You know what I'm talking about!).

I must say, this game is getting damn good.  The battle difficulty is up (thank god, I was so fricken bored), the characters are starting to shiny and the plot is really picking up.
Bogatyr
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2006, 06:30:02 PM »

The battle difficulty is up

You joking right? My battle strategy against bosses - I am at the last part of the game, and can beat whenever I want now - lately has been using the formation which places all characters side by side at the front line - All men or something - and using auto battle. Usually two or three Georg attacks do the trick.
As a matter of fact, I had to remove the Steel rune from the main character, because that, together with the firefly rune, made the game even easier than it already is. Can you imagine that, purposedly removing something from your character, part of your battle strategy, because that makes the game silly and boring?
This was a very disappointing aspect of the game. Not to mention the duels and field battles.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: April 28, 2006, 01:18:42 AM »

Not to mention the duels and field battles.

I like the duels. Not that there's much to them or anything gameplay wise, but they do a good job of showing what the hero is made of.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: April 28, 2006, 02:11:01 AM »

The duels were fine.

It was the attack animations that sucked. I can't help but laugh at some of the awkwardness of some of them (that includes fighting cutscenes, like the Sacred Games thing with Childerich. That made me lawl).
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: April 28, 2006, 02:40:03 AM »

You joking right?

No, I was not joking, but I might have spoken too soon.

Code:
The boss battle during the attack on the Sun Palace was somewhat challenging...  You know, the fight you are not suppose to win (it's not neccesary).  Hower, the game has gone back to it's typical ease...  Such a bummer.  I only have Hero an Lyon at the moment and I'm still killing everything with auto-attack...  Such a shame.
Andrmgic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: April 28, 2006, 09:01:45 AM »

Honestly, there are places in the game where the random encounter rate is so high that I'd have snapped my disc in half in the battles were hard.

So I'm glad they weren't. High encounter rates + hard difficulty = suck, imho.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: