Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 09:13:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327769 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Suikoden V
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: Suikoden V  (Read 49764 times)
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2006, 02:18:05 PM »

Well yes, I understand that, but in terms of silent protagonists, the DQ8 hero and DDS1 hero's I cared a lot more about than the prince....

Not a bad game, I just wanna start playing it!!!!
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2006, 03:16:28 PM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
Well yes, I understand that, but in terms of silent protagonists, the DQ8 hero and DDS1 hero's I cared a lot more about than the prince....

Not a bad game, I just wanna start playing it!!!!

Well, I can understand DQ8's hero.  But Serph?  Come'on.  He was just made silent for traditions sake.  The dialogue prompts for him are meaningless.

Anyways, give more time I suppose.  Once the story really starts, the game gets extremely good.

... and no, the Prince never looks any less androgenous (wait, for a few hours yes, but that's it).
Lucid

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2006, 05:08:04 PM »

I really don't have any feelings towards the prince...

about silent heroes, people seem to forget that the intent behind them isn't to create an individual character in the story within the game, the hero is your avatar within the game. You are that character. This is why they are silent, I think it's supposed to give you more of a sense that the other characters in the game are speaking to you directly, and that you are the hero. You're stepping into the world through the main character. If you look to the silent lead as you would a pre written lead then you will come out dissapointed.

Though, silent leads aren't always done for this reason I explained. Which is kind of pointless. Such as in Crono Trigger, where they constantly refer to Crono in the third person so it's more likened to a speaking protagonist. They don't talk directly to you in that game and some others. In the Suikoden games however, I believe you are supposed to fill that avatar role, and that you are the main character. It's all about how you would react to certain situations.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2006, 06:16:22 PM »

Well yes. But I felt like I was the hero in DQ8, I felt like I was Serph, but I don't feel like the prince...if that makes any sense.
Testament

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: June 10, 2006, 02:09:06 AM »

Quote from: "daschrier"
Well yes. But I felt like I was the hero in DQ8, I felt like I was Serph, but I don't feel like the prince...if that makes any sense.

I guess it's different for everyone.

I really did feel like I was playing the role of the Prince.  I got to name him for one, I got to decide how he fights and how he feels about things and make meaningful choices based on those feelings.
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: June 10, 2006, 10:07:32 AM »

Probably :)

Well I'm going to
Code:
Riverwall
right now and things are picking up.....about time! I'm 12 hours in, I think I've been going slow...
daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: June 14, 2006, 05:56:24 PM »

I'm
Code:
Going to destroy hatred fortress

And my interest is wanning. The constant back and forth and back and forth is just so dull....
Reunion

elementfayt
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: June 28, 2006, 11:33:53 PM »

suikoden V is the best game ever..

Just though i'd say that.. ^_^

If anyone has any really good pics good miakis, I would worship you for them so I can make a Miakis wallpaper..

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2006, 01:30:46 AM »

Quote from: "Reunion"
If anyone has any really good pics good miakis

I had to re-read this five times out loud until I located the grammar problem. It confounded me.
Reunion

elementfayt
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: June 29, 2006, 03:31:20 AM »

lol ya... I just type don't really care...

I'm looking for pictures of Miakis, if anyone knows where I can find any good ones, please send me a PM. Thanks.

Satistified...

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: