Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1005 on: December 04, 2017, 08:57:37 PM »
Sweet Zombie Jesus! I'm at 150k and I'm at serious risk of being knocked out of the 8k Feather tier. Seriously, do not save the whales. These fuckers need to go extinct.

As for my luck on the current banner, I'm glad as hell that I held off on dropping any more Orbs on the Legendary banner. I've pulled three times and only walked away with a 4 star Tailtiu (which brings my count of unobtained Uncommon units down to Hawkeye and Soren). The game wasn't even kind enough to give me anything more than a 3 star Gwendolyn and a bunch of Shannas, Laslows, a Merric, and my freebie was a 4 star Stahl. I think I'm good on SI fodder though (I've got 8 Hinata's at this point).

And forget about the Less than Heroic units being anything less than Pity Rate breakers.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: December 05, 2017, 01:49:11 AM »
In what may surprise you guys, this is the first Tempest Trials I got all the rewards. I only had to burn one stamina potion too.

This banner was very (un)kind to me. In my quest for Soleil, I ended up with (all 5*s): a Celica, a Fae, a Seth, 3 (3!) Siegberts, and finally a Soleil. I really shouldn't complain since my odds were quite good all things considered (400 orbs for 7 5*s). My wallet just hurts now...
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: December 05, 2017, 02:46:17 AM »
Well, it looks like I defended my rank for 8k feathers, but it took grinding up to 155k within the final hour.

Is this the feeling whales have whenever they use their monetary gains to further sink themselves into the money pit? How disgusting.

Even more disgusting is how utterly impossible this would've been had I not have a 1.4x multiplier unit, and I wish that the devs would make it so that players can still have a 1.4x multiplier unit without needing to whale the latest banner. I don't think anyone in their right mind would compete for the top 5000 (let alone 1k) spots after this bout of score inflation.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: December 05, 2017, 03:01:54 AM »
Trying to reach a high rank in T_T isn't worth it to me. All it gets me is a few thousand extra feathers and I get more feathers than I know what to do with. For instance, I recently promoted Kagero and Adult Tiki just because I could.

Speaking of feathers, what should my next investment be? I got the perfect IV Mae (+spd, - def). I could promote her and glue my old one to her to make a mage that will be viable for a long time because of her awesome stat spread.

Or I could get another Xander and Camus up to 5*, stick them in an defence team with the ones I already have and dangle them in the faces of players who joined late and never got them. Even unicorns envy their rarity.

Speaking of luck, in the end I got a total of four 5*s from the 8% banner: two brides and two characters I really really wanted (Hector and genny). I'm a little disappointed I didn't get one of the red units, but all in all, that was pretty good for ~140 F2P orbs.

Smashking

• RPGFan Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: December 05, 2017, 04:02:17 AM »
Yeah I know... I wish my brain didn't tell me I want all of these characters.

On the bright side, as time goes on, the characters I want should go down and my spending will go down too. Hopefully...

In the meantime, who are you guys supporting for the upcoming VG?
Just your regular Nintendo nerd. :D

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: December 05, 2017, 04:22:02 AM »
My brain just wants enough good characters to beat the challenges. I know that if I wait long enough, my favourites will pop up someday.

In related news, I ran into a Horse Emblem team that for some reason had no reds but did have both Olwen and Reinhardt. And Brave Lyn, of course. The map had defence tiles and Soren lost a grand total of 6 HP while he took out pretty much the entire team. Lyn is starting to look like a very incompetent suicide bomber. She rushes forward, screaming "THE ENEMY!" at the top of her lungs and dies in a blaze of pointlessness.

I really wish IntSys would rearrange the rarities and drop characters like Soren to 3-4. That would make it so much easier to make a +10. (And people with bad taste will be happy their pity rates aren't broken by off-banner pulls that aren't Distant Counter fodder.)

I was thinking Priscilla, but now I'm certain I want to support Catria. I remembered how Paladin Catria with maxed everything helped me dominate the PvP scene in Shadow Dragon. That's got to be worth something. (And hey, who knows, she might be the next Shanna.)

I'm in it for the rewards though. There aren't any characters I really want to support and the theme is just awkward and nonsensical compared to the simple wholesomeness of the last VG. Best thing we'll get out of this is more Dorcas memes, and I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: December 05, 2017, 10:25:59 AM »
They really need to fix the summoning pool. Way too many units exclusive to 5* and a lot of fun skills along with them. Part of the reason everyone's running Fury/Desperation or Triangle Adept builds is because pulling anything else is up to pure luck. It's also part of why pulling pity breakers like Soren or Jakob can be aggravating even if you like them because basically every one of their skills needs to be replaced before they can be used.

I can't think of a lot of non-obscure characters left I'd want added to the game. More Jugdral characters would be nice I guess. Sigurd was the unit I really wanted to see in the game and the guy basically comes with a complete set so there's no need for me to really build him. If some Hero Fest comes along with him on it I guess I can try pulling more copies to merge him though.

I had saved a lot of feathers for an eventual +10 Effie since I was sort of planning the long game on getting a +10 armor team to relax in whale city, but with the recent addition of blessings from Legendaries heroes that makes it even more pointless. It basically means that if you want to get top-rank score in Arena, you need to have +10 armors blessed by a Legendary Hero who I'm assuming also needs to be +10 on the same team. So I figure at this point I might as well plan on either building some other units or working on something else to +10. I guess I can promote the spare Reinhardts I have and merge him up a bit more, but I'm still missing a +ATK one. Alternatively I could start working on a +10 Nino since she clears the maps that I can't just brute force with Horses.

Anyway my free pull landed me a 4* Roderick. Chose blue over red since there's an oversaturation of swords and they keep giving them to us for free.

As for VG, I'll probably go with Catria at first since she's a unit I own and don't have capped HM on, and I can cheese the mode with a level 1 copy of her.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: December 05, 2017, 11:12:31 AM »

I'm willing to bet that Catria will sweep the VG (Dorcas and Sigurd are too popular, tits alone wont save Rhajat, Tharja's from too new a game, Priscilla will fuck up the multiplier, and Katawho?).

To make this not just an empty quote, Katarina has probably the weakest reason for being involved in this VG, so if the Catria pick gets swamped by people trying to game the system, she's probably the best place to merc. Priscilla could've been a contender if she were the only FE7 rep this time, but she's splitting the difference with Dorcas who's probably going to roll over her (assuming she survives two rounds against stalkers). And I forgot about Sigrud's whole 'foreshadowing his own death' speech when talking to Dierdre, which is probably why he made it onto this VG (too bad his first match up is against a Red Mage). But still, the three stalkers/Avatarsexuals really sucks any potential fun out of this one already (though a Tharja-off would be mildly funny).

They really need to fix the summoning pool. Way too many units exclusive to 5* and a lot of fun skills along with them. Part of the reason everyone's running Fury/Desperation or Triangle Adept builds is because pulling anything else is up to pure luck. It's also part of why pulling pity breakers like Soren or Jakob can be aggravating even if you like them because basically every one of their skills needs to be replaced before they can be used.

I can't think of a lot of non-obscure characters left I'd want added to the game. More Jugdral characters would be nice I guess. Sigurd was the unit I really wanted to see in the game and the guy basically comes with a complete set so there's no need for me to really build him. If some Hero Fest comes along with him on it I guess I can try pulling more copies to merge him though.

I had saved a lot of feathers for an eventual +10 Effie since I was sort of planning the long game on getting a +10 armor team to relax in whale city, but with the recent addition of blessings from Legendaries heroes that makes it even more pointless. It basically means that if you want to get top-rank score in Arena, you need to have +10 armors blessed by a Legendary Hero who I'm assuming also needs to be +10 on the same team. So I figure at this point I might as well plan on either building some other units or working on something else to +10. I guess I can promote the spare Reinhardts I have and merge him up a bit more, but I'm still missing a +ATK one. Alternatively I could start working on a +10 Nino since she clears the maps that I can't just brute force with Horses.

Anyway my free pull landed me a 4* Roderick. Chose blue over red since there's an oversaturation of swords and they keep giving them to us for free.

As for VG, I'll probably go with Catria at first since she's a unit I own and don't have capped HM on, and I can cheese the mode with a level 1 copy of her.

This has become a problem for me as well as of late. Too many units who you really can't 'do' anything with. Starting with Black Knight and going through the list, there are too many units with really nice skills that are locked to them, which while it helps to define them from the rest of the pack, also means that they basically come straight out of the box set for life (unless you're planning some highly specific Meta Build, of which only Whales get to partake in), so there's no need to build SP on them since Arden's never going to replace Follow-Up Ring, nor will Arvis ever really be anything more than a Fury sporting Ploy bot, who can Red Tome on the side, and there's nothing you can Forge for them either.

Unfortunately, now with Legendaries and Forging, it feels like there's only one real option for unit modification left at this point, and its going to end with a 6th star tier. Sure, they could try to kick the can down the road one or two more times with some other stopgap, but its between updating the pool or implementing 6 stars, and the devs have been getting their harpoons pretty damn sharp over the last few months.

Especially when you consider that all FEH really has right now are T_Ts and VGs (man, remember when GHeBs used to be a big deal?). That dead space last month really drove home how shallow their current activity pool really is.

As for potential units still left for the game to implement, you still have Quan, Ethlyn & Finn with a Travant GHeB just to complete the pre-Gen 1 trifecta; you still have virtually all of Thracia aside from the Dire Thunder siblings and Gen 2 aside from Seliph and Julia; and then there's still a bunch of Roy's era Elibe left untapped and basically all of non-Ike Tellus (and dimes to donuts, Laguz are going to end up as one of the methods the game uses to kick that can while we wait for the inevitable 6th star tier).

And then there's stuff like FE Switch, Cipher and Warriors.

Edit: Voting Gauntlet is underway and so far there aren't any runaway matches this time (not that this matters given how low the Shanna x Hinoka match numbers were). Supported Catria and will probably regret it down the road, but I don't give a fuck anyways.

Also went and finally spent some Coins and Poprocks on upgrades so that I now have a fully upgraded Guidance Seal and a Summer Tiki with a +4 Def Melon Crusher+ (hopefully this will solve my two biggest issues with her, lack of natural HP and a Def Bane, and provide me with that Green Infantry Tank I so desire).
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 07:29:22 PM by Aeolus »

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: December 08, 2017, 04:38:04 AM »
VG news: Tharja will not be facing herself, even Priscilla's incestuous love was not creepy enough to survive the stalker side, Katarina is the new Leo and no Shannagans for Catria.

I'm siding with Sigurd now. He's on fire. Dorcas is hanging in there to and I honestly don't care which one of them makes it to the finals. All that needs to happen is that in the end, a caring husband defeats a creepy stalker.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: December 08, 2017, 05:53:49 AM »
I switched to Faye myself for more feathers and HM. I have plenty of feathers but I'm always interested in building random 4*s I've pulled, assuming I ever pull a halfway decent IV on one. For now I've dumped a bunch of them to merge my Reinhardt up to +6.

Also my free pull of the new weapons banner was a 4* Odin.

EDIT: I have a bad habit of hoarding limited resources in RPGs, but seeing Aeolus spend his helps convice me to start spending some of my own coins and pebbles.

For seals I got myself Close Defense 3 and Brash Assault 3. Still have over 400 left over, and I'm eyeing the Savage Blow seal a little bit but I don't have all the resources to put it to use yet (I want to put it on a +SPD Clarine).

Pebbles went to Ninian, Mae, and Priscilla, the former two getting +SPD of course. Ninian now sits at base 36 speed, and that's without a SPD boon or any A slot skill. Mae only has 33 SPD now, even with Fury, but mine has a speed bane, so if I draw a better Mae sometime I can instantly bump her up to like 40 SPD. These 3 weapons gave me enough of the Divine Jugdral Shota to set Eliwood's sword on fire. Now I just have to pull an Eliwood with a good IV set (mine's Neutral, and not sure if I want +ATK to capitalize on the heavy blade effect or +SPD to patch up his mediocre speed).
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:07:37 AM by Hathen »

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: December 08, 2017, 06:39:25 PM »
The Defense Seals are so goddamn good that its worth dumping the coins and badges for. Stat+3/5 Seals are also kinda useful for that extra push for things like GHeBs and such. Really, the Great Badges are going to be the main limiting factor since you also need them to promote units to 5 star.

As for my Poprocks and Soda combos, I went and gave Mist Wrathful Staff (since she's my 'other' 5 star Staffbot currently), and Boey an extra +3 Def to make up for his Bane. This enabled me to finally spend on Ephraim who can now double shit (and is about to become a proud recipient of Death Blow 3 to further complete the Blue Infantry Buff Nuke build).

I also wasted 35 Orbs pulling on the Forgeable Weapons banner to no effect (I did get a new Caeda for SI/merge purposes), on top of the 55 Orbs I dumped to pull Shiro with +Def/-HP.

As for my ongoing VG disasters, I started with Catria and am now on Tharja. Once she loses I'm siding with Faye to doom her to Sigurd/Dorcas.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: December 09, 2017, 03:20:03 AM »
I'm starting to like the fan interpretation of this VG.

On the left side we have: two obsessed girls ready to murder eachother in the name of their object of obsession, whoever wins, we all lose.

And on the right: just two guys who love their wife, and it's all wholesome and sweet.

Anyway, seals talk. I have a few maxed right now:
- Spd +3 for Takumi. Even with a Brave Bow he has 39 spd without hones/drives/ally support/whatever. He quads everything.
- Brash Assault, which is passed around by units that have desperation but are not quite speedy enough to double everything. Soren used it together with Gronnblade before I got his Gronnraven skillset together. It was the closest I could get to his PoR/RD skills.
- Distant Def is amazing. Soren currently uses it to deal with all those BLyns and Reinhardts.
- Close Def is cool too. My dragons and other tanky units pass it around.
- Hone Speed is really useful. It's usually in the hands of whoever is the Arena bonus unit.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: December 10, 2017, 09:52:58 AM »
Sucks to not have gotten any victory feathers yet, but it's nice to be out of Faye's team since aside from her being an awful character, she's also a god awful unit and I had a hard time winning matches using both her and some trash unit sent to me . Had to completely rely on the friends list characters pretty much.

Anyway I'm on Team Sigurd for the last stretch. I have his HM maxed already but I think I'll actually support a character I like for once over feather mercing.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: December 10, 2017, 10:38:05 AM »
Huh, Thraja survived the round. Unfortunately, I basically missed all but one set of multipliers so I barely made any Feathers last round anyways. I'm also not liking the fact that every match I've fought thus far has pitted me against at least one Bowlyn, if not two (honestly, I'd take her over a team of Reds versus a Reinhardt/Azura combo any day of the week).

At least I've been cleaning up the monthly quests, and will probably circle around to clowning Berkut sooner or later.

Taco Edit: Yep. Pulled a Takumi. Too bad he's +Res/-Atk, which entirely defeats the point of having an Archer who can face tank. That'll learn me for pulling from a non-event/legendary/inevitable 1.4x T_T unit Banner.

VG Edit: Welp. Its either going to be a multiplier win for Sigurd or I'll be on a winning team for the first time in months. Either way, I'm basically pissing away 710 Flags this round (although I've made it to Rank in Army 430 so I'm cleaning up either way). Also dunked on Berkut and his ReGHeB quests.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:25:47 PM by Aeolus »