Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes

Hathen

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes
« Reply #1020 on: December 12, 2017, 09:05:52 AM »
Annoying to miss out on every single victory feather, but more annoying to see Tharja win again.

Whatever the case it doesn't seem like there's going to be a lot going on until the end of the month. A few maps here and there which are just elaborate ways to give us free orbs pretty much. Well, so far the ones today seem decently challenging at least. After I do these I'll have pretty much nothing to spend stamina on at this point. I promoted another Nino to 5* so I could have another unit to level up. This one's +SPD -DEF as opposed to the -HP one I already had, and I'll probably keep the new one because those 3 points of HP will probably allow her to just barely survive Reinhardt.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: December 12, 2017, 10:28:08 AM »
I feel that once again, Jugdral got screwed over by the years of never getting mentioned by Smash. Getting an Echoes style remake would likely do more for that setting than what SoV did for Gaiden.

As for Heroes content, they really need to do another t_t. The first one was really good, especially the part where you didn't have to be a fucking whale or really lucky to have a decent score. At least I don't feel as bad about dragging my heels in regards to some of the current content, but I'm still not looking forward to The Squad Assault/Chain Challenge Purgatory.

Banner BHeB Edit: Done with the Gheb BHeB thanks to my now, actually acceptable, Flier Emblem (I did swap my Camilla for Michalis since there were few mages this time around and he's not -Def), and pulled from the banner for a 4 star Hawkeye as my freebie (now only Soren remains my one elusive Uncommon pull), with a 4 star Cherche, 5 star Amelia, 5 star Eirika and 4 star Priscilla in tow. Amelia is +Spd/-Res and Eirika is +Atk/-Spd (ooh, so close). My one regret (other than that -Spd...) is that I couldn't have this kind of luck with the Holiday/Christmas/Winter Banner. And speaking of, I'm pretty damn sure that one of them will be Lissa.

Merry Edit 2: Hohoho! After everyone's complaints about the game lacking in Armored Units back in March, they've decided to Deck the Halls in Armored Units for Christmas. And they're Event Units, specific to Awakening, and only lasting two weeks instead of an entire month. Lololol.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:01:09 AM by Aeolus »
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: December 15, 2017, 11:51:08 PM »
There's supposedly a banner with a Legendary Hero coming at the end of the month (might just be Fjorm again though), so I might save for that, though hopefully news of that will come before the Christmas banner ends. The flood of armor units is one thing, but I'm not crazy about those insanely broken B slot skills. I guess armor units did need a boost of some kind but that's probably too much, especially with the options that weapon refining opened. That and these units being limited.

A really popular build on lance units now is a refined Berkut's Lance which makes Effie really bulky (to say nothing of Wendy- the build works really well on Oboro and Donnel too, since most of them get +4 on a RES boon). The prize pull here is Tharja I'd say, because with that B slot, DC, Berkut's Lance and probably an Aether special it functions very similar to Brave Ike except able to get both the special charge acceleration and distant counter in the same build.

Also my free pull from Tana/Amelia BHB was 3* Nino.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: December 16, 2017, 02:35:07 AM »
I don't know what to make of it and if I should throw orbs at it or not...

Pro:
-I could really use units like Robin and Tharja, and it's nice to see Lissa with an axe
-Strong skils
-Limited

Con:
-Tharja is celebrating Christmas in Australia in the worst way?
-I don't like the designs
-It doesn't make sense they're armour units!
-Best ones will probably appear in a Legendary banner eventually, perhaps as soon as the next one
-It's just plain yuck that's all Awakening again

I'm sitting on 107 orbs right now, so maybe I should just try to get one of them and be happy with whatever I get.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: December 16, 2017, 08:33:31 AM »
Well, do keep in mind that if you average everything out you get like 1 focus unit per 120 orbs or something similar, so if luck's not on your side you could dump everything and have nothing to show for it.

Tomara

• View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: December 16, 2017, 09:11:28 AM »
Fortunately(?), I';m running low on fodder. I could really use some of the common units that give skills like Reposition, Moonbow/Luna, Fury and so on. It's unlikely I'll get nothing worthwhile.