Media > General Games

Fighting Games

(1/9) > >>

kofvscapcom:
So, we are about to experience a deluge of games in this genre, Injustice 2(5/16), Tekken 7(6/2), Guilty Gear Rev2(5/26) and Marvel vs Capcom:Infinite(9/19). Thought I would make a general fighting games thread to gauge interest. We've been getting tournaments almost every weekend these days too and Evolution 2017 draws close.

A big one if people have an interest in seeing what high level Street Fighter 5 looks like is E-league as it's actually being broadcast on TBS though at the 10pm Eastern slot. The soonest one is tomorrow 5/12, starts on stream/the league site early in the afternoon and then the finals will be aired on TBS. If you watch through their site they have some promotions to earn some fight money too.

Anyways, if people have an interest in learning/jumping into the genre or just playing casuals, I probably will get most of these games. Just message me somewhere or post in this thread. 

Agent D.:
Tekken 7 is day 1 for me. Been a fan since 2, play it all the time. Kuma is favorite, followed closely by Paul, then Xiaoyu and Nina.

Arvis:
I'm very curious about Tekken 7's Story Mode.  Fighting games always have such fascinating characters and yet often do so little with them.  Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign mode addressed this wonderfully and is probably my favorite mode in any fighting game ever.

@Agent D. - Kuma and Nina are insufferable, but Paul and Xiaoyu are great!  Seems like you don't much like anyone introduced in later games, though.  I'm a pretty big fan of Alisa, myself.

Frostillicus:
I grew up loving fighting games (including the more obscure titles, like Clay Fighter; Killer Instinct; Eternal Champions; Primal Rage; etc.), although I've almost always played them by myself. Well, aside from playing the shit out of the first two Mortal Kombats with my brother in the early 90s. Street Fighter Alpha 3 remains my favorite of all time.

I am rather excited for Tekken 7. It's going to look so good on my PC. I still play Tag 2 regularly. Bob and Hwoarang are my favorite characters, and I'm very pleased Bob was added in Fated Retribution (as well as Akuma!). I would like to try SFV, but I'm not a fan of the way Capcom's has been handling that game...

Agent D.:

--- Quote from: Arvis on May 11, 2017, 12:23:47 PM ---I'm very curious about Tekken 7's Story Mode.  Fighting games always have such fascinating characters and yet often do so little with them.  Tekken 6's Scenario Campaign mode addressed this wonderfully and is probably my favorite mode in any fighting game ever.

@Agent D. - Kuma and Nina are insufferable, but Paul and Xiaoyu are great!  Seems like you don't much like anyone introduced in later games, though.  I'm a pretty big fan of Alisa, myself.

--- End quote ---
Alisa isn't bad, but I hate her moveset. Feng Wei was fun, but I find him somewhat predictable in use, generally makes lame. Tekken 6 and TTT2, I tried using Kazuya more, but I just preferred going back to Paul after...though I should admit, Jack has always been my last "go to" character when I just felt like messing around. He's fun to do stupid shit with, people just don't expect...much like many peoole don't expect Kuma or Panda to do a Demon uppercut and follow up with Fatal Wind to scare/confuse/kill them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version