Author Topic: Artmicia's rumble in the Sands of Destruction... jungle?

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
Artmicia's rumble in the Sands of Destruction... jungle?
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:35:41 AM »
Ok so apparently malcontents like MickeyMac and Ranadiel have doubted the supreme and sublime greatness that is Sands of Destruction, the single greatest artistic creation of the modern era, next to pogs and Licorice.

So starting with square 1, the story of Sands of Destruction, in contrast to your typical JRPG protagonist/situation, is one of the unrelenting brutality and destruction of the modern world. In Sands, dreams are shattered by the Ferals, a race of muntant creatures bent on destroying everyone and enslaving every other person to their will. Yeah, gruesome, horrendous stuff here.

But wait, there's more. Instead of falling prey to these malicious malignants, humanity has come up with a solution of it's own, to destroy the entire world, yep, I guess there's something to be said for making a bad situation even more bad, I mean, not normally, but you know, something along those lines.

So that means we are introduced to Morte, who is the second leftmost character in this tri-tych Flemish tryptych painting

So Morte is just your typical girl, wants to destroy anything and everything, leader of the "World Destruction Committee" so yeah, she's pretty much your girl next door. Oh well she does want to destroy the entire world, there is that... wrinkle.

Anyway, what else do we know about Morte, well basically she starts off the game getting... oh  yeah I've never done this before, well then I will adopt a basic template that I see repeated because because.

Chapter I. Introduction and getting to know the characters.

Okay, so right off the bat, we know the game is gruff because we come across...

Edit: Hm is that a good start? I saved this draft eons ago... for whatever reason, I just noticed it, but yeah as long as people don't mind me throwing a start here I'd like to try and finish it all somehow.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 04:37:38 AM by Artimicia »
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
Re: Artmicia's rumble in the Sands of Destruction... jungle?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 10:09:55 AM »
Sands of Destruction, the single greatest artistic creation of the modern era, next to pogs and Licorice.

This is why you'll always be welcome here you silly son of a gun

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 12:59:27 AM »
Sands of Destruction, the single greatest artistic creation of the modern era, next to pogs and Licorice.

This is why you'll always be welcome here you silly son of a gun

It took me a really long time to come up with that line though, I'm very slow at things I find.

But yeah I actually hope to finish this all at some point, because I actually do play games and I actually really liked this one... for whatever reason.
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 03:05:26 PM »
Why does "Sands of Destruction" just sound like the subtitle?  Is that really just the entire title of a game?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2017, 04:36:23 PM »
Why does "Sands of Destruction" just sound like the subtitle?  Is that really just the entire title of a game?

I'll give you a hint; it was developed by Imageepoch, makers of such games like Luminous Arc, Arc Rise Fantasia, Time and Eternity, Sol Trigger, Stella Glow and Criminal Girls.

Also, every time I look back upon the PSP's library, I cringe at the sheer amount of dreck that proliferated the anime and videogaming scenes back then.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 10:44:19 PM »

I'll give you a hint; it was developed by Imageepoch, makers of such games like Luminous Arc, Arc Rise Fantasia, Time and Eternity, Sol Trigger, Stella Glow and Criminal Girls.

Also, every time I look back upon the PSP's library, I cringe at the sheer amount of dreck that proliferated the anime and videogaming scenes back then.

I will enjoy converting you to the glory that is Sands of Destruction Aeoli Ravioli.

Someday, when I... right.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2017, 05:17:46 AM »
I wish I could finish this...

The playstation games are coming before the DS games though.. could be awhile..

Dice

• I'm fart and I'm smunny
  • AMG A GIRL
  • RPGFan and Dice forever...
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt site!  Come, stay, laugh, cry.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 07:55:10 PM »

I dunno for every bad anime game with a very harem cast and obligatory cat-girl (or wearing cat headband/headphones) you'd find one WRPG with a completely sexless looking art direction and bland-ass knight protagonist in the middle of Not-Middle-Earth.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2017, 08:50:32 AM »
But it's Rated M so it's probably totally awesome, guys
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons