Author Topic: E3 2017

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: E3 2017
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2017, 04:27:56 PM »
Also, they saved Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser Minions for the Treehouse. Of course...But hey, at least it's another remake of a highly sought-after game.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Lian_Kazairl

• Taskmistress
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Podcast Momma
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2017, 04:44:51 PM »
And why is it Xenoblade Chonicles 2? Was X poorly recieved or something? It seemed like a worthy sequel to me...

Takahashi answered this very question in the Treehouse stream. It's to connect the game with the more narratively focused original Xenoblade. Xenoblade X was more about the world and exploration, and while XB2 will have that too, it's also a more story-based game like the original. So the 2 is meant to reflect that this game takes after the original Xenoblade more than X.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2017, 04:51:53 PM »
And why is it Xenoblade Chonicles 2? Was X poorly recieved or something? It seemed like a worthy sequel to me...

Takahashi answered this very question in the Treehouse stream. It's to connect the game with the more narratively focused original Xenoblade. Xenoblade X was more about the world and exploration, and while XB2 will have that too, it's also a more story-based game like the original. So the 2 is meant to reflect that this game takes after the original Xenoblade more than X.

So are they going to continue the story from X????  T__________T
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2017, 05:47:44 PM »

That's what I wonder, too...then again, from what we saw, I'm not sure I would like the results, anyways...but thanks, I firgot that Ninty's treehouse is a big deal. I got to see some Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay there, which looks exactly like how I wanted it. Hopefully Xenoblade's footage will act as a saving grace there, too.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2017, 07:33:22 PM »

That's what I wonder, too...then again, from what we saw, I'm not sure I would like the results, anyways...but thanks, I firgot that Ninty's treehouse is a big deal. I got to see some Fire Emblem Warriors gameplay there, which looks exactly like how I wanted it. Hopefully Xenoblade's footage will act as a saving grace there, too.

I'm not sure about that. While XBC2 is taking some lessons from XBCX to heart (multiple weapons for on-the-fly weapon switching and weapon specific Arts), it feels like they're making some things harder for ascetic's sake (having to pick up all of the loot after an enemy dies, not warning you about the type of aggro that will cause enemies to battle you), plus the character designs still suck (although it feels significantly less creepy that its not just anime waifus' chests that you pull weapons from ala Shining Tears), and I'm worried that the different Titans means that everything is now Climate Zone (not that this wasn't an issue in XBCs 1 and X as well).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2017, 08:25:50 PM »
^That's the impression I'm getting, and I'm not exactly hopeful for this one, to say the least.

At least the Metroid II remakes like it's enough of its own thing that I might just appreciate it as "More Metroid" without it making the Game Boy or fanmake obsolete.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2017, 12:15:27 AM »
Alright, since it looks like things have wound down - Final tally of games shown that I'm excited about:

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4/XBO/PC)
Ashen (PC/XBO)
Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4/XBO/PC)
Aven Colony (PC/PS4/XBO)
Black Desert Online (PC/XBO)
Blade Strangers (Switch/PS4/PC)
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (Switch/PS4/PSV/XBO/PC)
Crackdown 3 (XBO)
Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (PS4/XBO/PC)
Dissidia Final Fantasy NT (PS4)
Dragonball FighterZ (PS4/XBO/PC)
Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch/3DS)
Ghost of a Tale (PC/XBO)
Griftland (PC)
Knack 2 (PS4)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions (3DS)
Matterfall (PS4)
Metro Exodus (PS4/XBO/PC)
Metroid: Samus Returns (3DS)
Metroid Prime 4 (Switch)
Monster Hunter: Worlds (PS4/XBO/PC)
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom (PS4)
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (PC/XBO)
Pokemon (Switch)
Pokken Tournament DX (Switch)
Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin (PS4/PC)
Sea of Thieves (PC/XBO)
Shadows of the Colossus (PS4)
Skull & Bones (PS4/XBO/PC)
Sonic Forces (Switch/PS4/XBO/PC)
Spider-Man (PS4)
Splatoon 2 (Switch)
Super Lucky's Tale (XBO)
Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
The Artful Escape (XBO/PC)
The Last Night (PC/XBO)
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (PS4)
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PS4/XBO/PC)
Yakuza Kiwami (PS4)
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life (PS4)
Yoshi (Switch)
Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection (PC)

Also excited about Xbox Originals being backwards compatible with Xbox 1, so now I know my Xbox games won't be obsolete if my 360 spontaneously combusts.

Oh, and there were a lot of Playstation VR games that I was excited for:

Bravo Team
DOOM VFR
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
Monster of the Deep: Final Fantasy XV
Moss
No Heroes Allowed! VR
Star Child
Superhot VR

So yeah, pretty exciting turn out. I know I'm missing one or two here and there, but hey.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 14, 2017, 01:53:42 AM »
^That's the impression I'm getting, and I'm not exactly hopeful for this one, to say the least.

At least the Metroid II remakes like it's enough of its own thing that I might just appreciate it as "More Metroid" without it making the Game Boy or fanmake obsolete.

My one complaint about Metroid: Zero Mission 2 is that the Spider Ball still looks slow. Hopefully they'll let you Bomb Jump past the early parts that suck to Spider Ball over to. Also, did they lock the Charge Beam to the Power Beam (I didn't see it being used with the Spazer Beam during those Zeta fights)?

I'm not particularly worried about the Melee Counter given the sheer amount of damage you take in this game (that Zeta fight was eating a damn near full Energy Tank per hit, and that's WITH the Varia Suit on). Assuming they don't increase the number of available Energy Tanks in this game, you're gonna be 5 or 6 shotted by the (admittedly only 3) Omega Metroids even with the Gravity Suit (because we all know the Gravity Suit's getting in, the Super Missiles and Charge and Grapple Beams made it in, and chances are that the Power Bombs will get in right at the end as well (if for no other reason than to make that Other M reference a more direct reference)) nevermind what the Metroid Queen or Cyber Ridley are gonna do (because it just wouldn't be a Metroid remake if somebody like Ridley or Phantoon didn't get shoehorned in as the brand new Final Boss mk 2).

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 14, 2017, 05:39:34 PM »
Well today was an Amiibo Apocolypse caused by E3. 13 new amiibos went up for preorder. Whoo! So the following amiibos now exist in my purchase history on Best Buy >.>:

-Groom Mario
-Groom Bowser
-Bride Peach
-Goomba
-Koopa Troopa
-Chrom
-Tiki
-New Pose for Samus
-A Metroid
-4 Breath of the Wild Characters

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 14, 2017, 08:26:58 PM »
I'm not sure a XCX game would work unless you have 2 screens so I can see why he went back to Xenoblade.

I also don't think XCX sold well, but that was mostly because of the WiiU.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2017, 02:14:30 AM »

Death Stare confirmed power.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2017, 02:31:09 AM »
^Okay, I'll admit that's a cheeky reference.

I Draw Stuff Sometimes

kofvscapcom

• Rereveagence
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2017, 07:28:55 AM »
I actually kinda wanna play the Mario+Rabbids game, I like Mario, I like Rabbids, I like X-Com. Still on the fence on the Switch though.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2017, 09:49:17 AM »
I'm not sure a XCX game would work unless you have 2 screens so I can see why he went back to Xenoblade.

I also don't think XCX sold well, but that was mostly because of the WiiU.

Xenoblade X2 would be fine without two screens.  *huffs*
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Klutz64

• I Like Wacky Hats
  • May Your Heart be Your Guiding Key
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2017, 08:16:36 PM »
Jeez, even this site with the whole "We don't understand what Best means" E3 awards!?

(I jest... mostly)