Author Topic: .hack//G.U. Last Recode Announced

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: .hack//G.U. Last Recode Announced
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2017, 06:34:38 AM »

So wait. Did Haseo suddenly develop massive tits and asscheeks?
No to the tits, as seen in his new artwork.

However I will not rule out the asscheeks since his avatar was wearing a butt protector in xth form which could of been to protect them as they developed for his new form. :p

Ivy crossover confirmed? She plays The World (whatever name they call the fictional game-within-a-game by G.U.) in her off-hours when she's not looking for Soul Edge?
The game is called The World R2 in G.U. And we already have the role of someone looking for Soul Edge with Natsume (since she looks for any weapon with Edge in the name), so that crossover would be pointless. :p

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2017, 06:55:13 AM »
So I guess that new whip sword will replace his usual giant sword like the guns replaced his dual blades. Surprised they didn't just go ahead and give him some ridiculous morphed up Scythe too. They're saving that for the next remake they'll do in another decade I guess.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2017, 07:02:41 PM »
So I guess that new whip sword will replace his usual giant sword like the guns replaced his dual blades. Surprised they didn't just go ahead and give him some ridiculous morphed up Scythe too. They're saving that for the next remake they'll do in another decade I guess.
O.o What? Dual guns don't replace his twin blades. They serve different purposes in his arsenal. As I recall, the way I normally played in Xth form was Dual Guns my primary weapon as it had the highest DPS, then when I Rengeki against an enemy I skill trigger to a different weapon depending on the enemy (twin blades for aerial, great sword for armor, and scythe for anything else(?)), and then use Double Trigger as a f you to the enemy to swap back to Dual Guns and continue filling them full of clips.

I am very curious as to how the whip sword will fit in to this dynamic as Double Trigger really made Xth form work really well. Without something similar, the whip sword will be underwhelming, but if the whip sword has a Double Trigger equivalent then Dual Guns lose their niche. I suppose it could be meant to replace the scythe since it seems like it is a wide range attack like the scythe (and not an anti-armor weapon like the great sword), but that would be weird to me since Haseo's Lost Weapon is a scythe.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2017, 08:06:25 PM »
For some reason I thought the dual guns were merged with the dual blades. Probably because the dual guns have "blades" on them he only uses for abilities.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2017, 06:45:32 AM »
Oh yeah, we got English screenshots yesterday of Vol. 4 content. http://gematsu.com/2017/08/hackg-u-last-recode-fourth-volume-screenshots

As a reminder, the JP release date is Nov 1....so we are getting English screenshots before the JP release. This is freaking weird (in a good way). Some people are speculating we might be getting a simul-release. Even if we don't the US/EU release window is Fall 2017...so max of 1-2 months after the JP release. Are we sure that Bandai-Namco is handling this? It sounds way too well handled for me to believe that. XP

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2017, 07:32:25 AM »
Oh yeah, we got English screenshots yesterday of Vol. 4 content. http://gematsu.com/2017/08/hackg-u-last-recode-fourth-volume-screenshots

As a reminder, the JP release date is Nov 1....so we are getting English screenshots before the JP release. This is freaking weird (in a good way). Some people are speculating we might be getting a simul-release. Even if we don't the US/EU release window is Fall 2017...so max of 1-2 months after the JP release. Are we sure that Bandai-Namco is handling this? It sounds way too well handled for me to believe that. XP

To be fair, most of the work is already done. It's only the new volume to localize and possible rerecordings to cover any changes to the OG VA crew.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2017, 09:45:07 AM »

To be fair, most of the work is already done. It's only the new volume to localize and possible rerecordings to cover any changes to the OG VA crew.
The English screenshots I posted a link to were from Vol. 4, so my point was that they are working on the new stuff before JP release (just forgot to mention the screenshots were from Vol. 4).

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2017, 07:23:35 PM »
Well stuff happened today. First we got scans from Famitsu that indicated that Haseo's new sword is called the Gate of Ouroboros and it has the ability to change to 8 different forms (based on the 8 phases?) each with an associated skill and different attack strings.

Then we got a new trailer! (Warning, trailer has a lot of spoilers so do not watch it if you have not played Vols. 1-3) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoDX6yRn9Gw

Highlights from the trailer are that Volume 4's English name is Reconnection and the US release date is Nov. 3 (2 days after the JP release date). GET HYPED!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 09:15:53 PM by Ranadiel »

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2017, 08:06:30 PM »
Well stuff happened today. First we got scans from Famitsu that indicated that Haseo's new sword is called the Gate of Ouroboros and it has the ability to change to 8 different forms (based on the 8 phases?) each with an associated skill and different attack strings.

Then we got a new trailer! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoDX6yRn9Gw

Highlights from the trailer are that Volume 4's English name is Reconnection and the US release date is Nov. 3 (2 days after the JP release date). GET HYPED!

Hype GOT

...yeah...woo...

:|

...I don't perform well under pressure...

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2017, 09:14:42 PM »
Well then I'll just have to be hyped enough for the both of us. *moves his hype meter from 11 to 22*

Hype!

You know I had forgotten how much I love .hack prior to the Last Recode initial announcement, and now waiting the 2.5ish months for Last Recode is just pure torture. :(

Oh well we can discuss stuff from the latest trailer while we wait. Like the implications of Haseo absorbing (copying?) the data from the Lost Weapons. As that should mean that 5th form Haseo basically has all the known Morgana data left in The World...and no one but me probably cares. Crap. >.>

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2017, 08:00:21 PM »
Only about 90 min in but it doesn't seem to be a 1/2 assed money grab. Graphics pretty well done and it looks at least as good as a new Tales game.