Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 22, 2014, 01:42:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327153 Posts in 13391 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Now it's Official
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Now it's Official  (Read 7742 times)
Vagrant
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2006, 04:00:02 PM »

Quote from: "rubenxce"
I also saw screenshoots in IGN of Untold Legends for PS3 and i was completely unimpressed by the graphics. Xbox 1 could do that.  Nothing even remotely close to the Killzone trailer.  For Sony's sake I hope its that developers are still learning to use the dev kits.  
If the system is lauched at $450 or less I'll be lining up to get one at lauch.

Also there's been rumors of being able to download PS2 and PS1 games to your harddrive, Nintendo copy cat anyone :P

First of all, just take a good look at Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Vision Gran Turismo and Unreal Tournament 2K7, and than tell me you are still concerned about PS3's graphics capabilities...And keep in mind these are 1st (2nd at the most) gen PS3 games!

Secondly, copying is just part of the game in this industry. Sony had backward compatibility on PS2, and now everyone has it. Nintendo had a 3d-stick on N64, and now everyone has it. Etc.etc. And who honestly gives a shit?
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2006, 04:07:02 PM »

Quote from: "rubenxce"
I also saw screenshoots in IGN of Untold Legends for PS3 and i was completely unimpressed by the graphics. Xbox 1 could do that.  Nothing even remotely close to the Killzone trailer.  For Sony's sake I hope its that developers are still learning to use the dev kits.

Okay....there's something you people need to understand who seem to think that OMG PS3 = TEH SUK 4 BEING RELEASE L8!!!11....Yes those Untold Legends graphics might not look that hot....who gives a shit?! Look at some of the PS2 launch games and then look at...oh say MGS3 or GT3. Of course they're still learning to use their dev kits! They will be for at least the first year of its life! That's just how a new console goes. They dont know how to really take advantage of the hardware yet. It's almost a guarantee that when the PS3 has a year or two under its belt and a couple hundred games that it's going to be clearly the best looking system.

*sigh*

Edit: Oh and for those haters that keep talking about "AHAHAHAH The PS3 can only do 720p! HOLY CRAP THE REGULAR XBOX CAN DO THAT!! HAHAHAHAHA": Remember....the X360 can't do 1080p either, so fuck yourself.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
rubenxce

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2006, 04:14:08 PM »

All am saying is that I'm weary about Sony. They are the experts of the hype machine. Remember the emotion engine and I'll the "stuff" they talked about before the PS2 launch. I don't care if the PS3 has nintendo 8 bit graphics am still getting one, but i don't trust sony period, since there the experts at hyping everything up and then things not being exactly as they say they are. I agree with you Dade that the PS3 is going to have the best graphics eventually, but like I said Sony likes to exagerated a bit.      

Vagrant you do care since you defend sony everytime someone says anything remotely bad about them in these boards =P.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2006, 04:35:42 PM »

To Vagrant: I'd just like to note that the N64 also had a fairly long delay to get more units out and extra time for developing games, and it only wound up with two games at launch. Two awesome games, mind, but didn't seem to help the third parties much.

An 8 month delay would be beneficial for games that're announced, shown off, and slated for release at launch, but as it is I'm pretty sure the PS3 will have a shitty launch line up like most every other system to date. Again, I'm going to be expecting all the really awesome games, like MGS4, to come out the year /after/ it launched.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2006, 04:51:08 PM »

On that point, I'll also remind everyone that the best Final Fantasy for the PS2 came out just over a year after the launch.....so....ya know....we can expect great things a year and a half out.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Vagrant
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2006, 05:23:55 PM »

I hope Warhawk, Lair, Call of Duty 2, UT 2K7, Fight Night Round 3, I-8 and Killzone will be launch titles. Lot of FPS, but it would probably make for a pretty good, if not stellar line-up. Maybe even Vision GT, but I doubt that will be ready...although since nobody knows anything about the current status of all those games, they could be further in development than anyone might expect at this point in time.
Professor Gast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2006, 05:36:41 PM »

The launch lineup will probably be heavy on sports titles (mainly from EA) and some first party games (Mina no Gorufu 5, Warhawk, etc.). And then there is that golf game from Sega and Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom, both of which have been confirmed to be launch titles. In short, no game I would spend 60 bucks or more on. I doubt that either Killzone or Vision Gran Turismo will launch with the console. After all Polyphony Digital has always taken its time with the Gran Turismo games.

And as Dade already mentioned, I would not expect any major RPG to be available for the launch. Remember (back then) Square president Hisashi Suzuki still complained about the lack of an installed base in July 2001, when Final Fantasy X was released. And at that point already about six million PS2 units had been sold in Japan.

Given the complexity of the hardware and economic reasons, the big-budget games like Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Devil May Cry 4, Vision Grand Turismo, Final Fantasy XIII (or whatever it will be called) and other big RPG titles from major third parties will probably only be released in 2007 when the installed hardware has reached levels exceeding ten million units worldwide.
Cowboy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2006, 12:44:41 AM »

I'm happy with my PSTwo. It's small, quiet, fast loading, and I still have lots of games that I need to play on it. And by the time this is released there may not be many more good games coming out on PS2 long after, giving me ample time to reply all those classics like Xenogears and Chrono Cross.

I'm with most of you in that I too will probably wait for about 3 or 4 price drops. Or even until they come out with a PS3 model like the PSTwo or the PSOne. I love compact shit!

It's really very complicated, you wouldn't understand. You aren't even twelve are you!?
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: