Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
Re: DinC's FIRST EVER Nuzlocke run - Pokemon Moon
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »
With Nuzlockes, you never know when it's all going to end.  I thought for sure that
Spoiler: show
Ilima's Smeargle
would be the nails in the coffin, but I survived that by the skin of my teeth.  Yeah, it was disheartening that it ended as soon as it did.  I'm still debating on what to do with my save. 
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun

ironmage

• chaotic neutral observer
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • I know what you did and I wholeheartedly approve
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 07:13:30 PM »
I'm not really familiar with Pokemon nor Nuzlocke, but I was surprised at how SMT-ish this seemed.  The difference between victory and defeat was often one or two hits.  Is this offensive style of gameplay typical of Pokemon?

I wonder what a Nocturne Nuzlocke run would look like.

Artimicia

• Banninated
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 12:29:18 AM »
Lol I just love that the name is Lando XD
"I don't live by labels, I can be anything I want, I'd rather die a pauper than live on as someone else's fantasy!" - My best attempt at quoting the protagonist of Vandal Hearts 2.

Dincrest

• Foot-in-Mouth disease
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Overuser of analogies, similes, and metaphors
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2017, 03:41:33 PM »
@ironmage - I can see the similarities between Pokemon and SMT in terms of recruiting demons/pokemon and how myriad elemental match ups come into play.  However, Pokemon is marketed more towards kids, so a normal playthrough (without using the self-imposed Nuzlocke restrictions) would be far far easier than any SMT game, including DemiKids. 

@Artimicia - Yeah, I had fun doing the Lando thing.  It started off as a gag because of my Halloween/Free Comic Book Day costume, but he took on a life of his own in the Nuzlocke. 
"I think I'm losing it.  I'm pulling out my hair trying to figure out what couch defines me as a person.  This is freaking madness.  This is hopeless.  This... my perfect little habitat here, and I still don't even know who I am."  - from Dow Jones and the Temple of Doom by Burnt By The Sun