Author Topic: Trails of Cold Steel III

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
Trails of Cold Steel III
« on: August 25, 2017, 06:31:48 PM »
I'm excited that this is finally going forward, as I loved I/II. But this is obviously a new chapter, I'm a little concerned that they're going to sideline a lot of the characters and relationships from the first two games. But if any of the Trails games are any indication, it should be superb!

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
Re: Trails of Cold Steel III
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 10:35:01 AM »
I'm excited that this is finally going forward, as I loved I/II. But this is obviously a new chapter, I'm a little concerned that they're going to sideline a lot of the characters and relationships from the first two games. But if any of the Trails games are any indication, it should be superb!
Shame we still don't have a western release date... I just finished part 2 and remembered why I fell in love with the first game, only this one was even better. Cold steel II is probably my favorite vita title.

TASTY!

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 04:57:22 PM »
Cold Steel II is probably one of my favorite games ever. I'm waiting to replay it until III has a release date in sight.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 10:26:08 AM »
I'm pretty annoyed that my attempt to start Cold Steel this year, after all the GOTY hype II got last year, has been sidelined all the way to this point.  I still need to finish Sky 3, then promised a friend I would finally play Xillia 2.  Cold Steel feels FOREVER away!
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Seultoria

• 시발놈
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 07:05:55 AM »
I'm pretty annoyed that my attempt to start Cold Steel this year, after all the GOTY hype II got last year, has been sidelined all the way to this point.  I still need to finish Sky 3, then promised a friend I would finally play Xillia 2.  Cold Steel feels FOREVER away!

I've spent around 3-4 hours after work every day playing Cold Steel 1 this past month.

Play Cold Steel. Now.

thetrueelec

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 07:46:28 AM »
Cold Steel is one of my favourite game series and this is the game I'm looking forward to the most.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 02:38:03 PM »

I've spent around 3-4 hours after work every day playing Cold Steel 1 this past month.

Play Cold Steel. Now.

I do WANT to.  But I need to finish what I've got.  In the meantime, I keep deluding myself that CS1 will go on sale soon.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2017, 07:48:27 AM »
I just finished CS2 about a month ago and the wait for CS3 is already killing me.

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 08:25:49 AM »

Play Cold Steel. Now.

I do WANT to.  But I need to finish what I've got.  In the meantime, I keep deluding myself that CS1 will go on sale soon.
You can get CS1 for the Playstation 3 for $30.00 USD on XSeed's website.  The Vita version, I'm happy to note is also available for the same price.  I ordered both games from them and got them in a relatively reasonable time.  One thing I should caution you on is that they're not the fastest and don't offer tracking.  My copies were shipped first class mail, but I did get them in pristine new condition.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 08:31:48 AM »
Is that a sale price, @MonCapitan2002 , or their new standard price?

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 08:33:17 AM »
I think it's the standard price.  I paid the same thing when I purchased them.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 08:36:59 AM »
Ok, cool, then I can wait until I am closer to being able to start them. :P

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 08:20:56 PM »
Just keep in mind that quantities may be limited. 

Seultoria

• 시발놈
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 07:13:11 PM »
I've briefly watched some gameplay videos and c'mon XSEED, announce this for the West!

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2017, 07:53:46 PM »
I want more Cold Steel sooooooooooo badly!