Author Topic: Thoughts on Blue Reflection

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Thoughts on Blue Reflection
« on: September 26, 2017, 07:19:49 PM »
I noticed some new images on Blue Reflection were posted on the main site.  I find myself totally underwhelmed by this game.  While the concept art is gorgeous, the character designs of the girls feels completely generic.  While the artwork is certainly pretty, it feels totally cookie cutter.  I really don't see the appeal of the game. 

I guess part of it is that I don't find the idea of playing a teenage magical girl all that interesting or appealing.  Oh well.  Still, if the game is good and highly recommended, I might check it out down the line.

Towns Car Marty

• Certified Dirtbag
  • RPGFan Editor
  • the spookiest driest boy
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
Re: Thoughts on Blue Reflection
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:00:59 AM »
Review in progress. It's....not great

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 11:02:23 AM »
It looks like an Atelier game without all the stuff that makes Atelier games fun.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 10:59:18 PM »

I'm not surprised.

Once it became apparent that it was going for some sort of 3rd person Persona-ish JRPG/VN hybrid, I let that other thread for this game die a quiet death.

Which is unfortunate, because I kinda liked the idea that I saw in the game, where you're playing the role of the tragic heroine in a Bishojo-ai title (or the dark magical girl rival in something a little bit straighter) as in that one character who's too busy being the interesting/cool one to pay any sort of attention/seek help for their own problem until its too late (or for something similar and a lot more common, especially in male oriented anime and videogames, a female antagonist that stubbornly refuses to listen to anyone while going off to do their own thing while the MC can do nothing (including seducing her to the side of light) but watch this person set herself up for her own demise; primarily because the show can only have one designated female love interest and none of the other side characters are important enough to pair the spare; bonus points if she actually accomplishes something with her self-sacrifice), with the primary exception being that you're the one behind her wheel and must essentially thread the relationship needle or doom the MC.

And on that note; how was KT's other recent not-Lesbian game?
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 02:40:57 AM »
Color me unsurprised.  The game just screams paint by numbers effort.

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 02:56:37 AM »
I guess part of it is that I don't find the idea of playing a teenage magical girl all that interesting or appealing.

...but that's the only reason anyone is even interested in this game.

And there's nothing wrong with that!

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 06:18:27 AM »
And on that note; how was KT's other recent not-Lesbian game?
Which one? Nights of Azure 2? Not out in the US yet, but what little I can find seems to indicate that it was not a decrease in quality from Nights of Azure 1, which I personally did not like at all. Not a whole lot to go off of though.

Soshy

• Contributing Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 08:33:45 AM »
I finished the game around a month ago. the story (not characters necessarily) and the OST were epic. but the rest was meh.
I knew bishoujo matsuri games were quite boring and repetitive, but it was on a whole another level.
Same face syndrome, No auto save, difficulty being way too easy even when you set it on Hard, the game doesn't reward you for finishing all it's disgustingly repetitive Side quests; were only parts of its Problems.
anyways if you could bear with a disaster such as Yoru no Nai Kuni (Nights of Azure) I'm sure you can enjoy this one to some degree as well.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 06:16:06 PM »
anyways if you could bear with a disaster such as Yoru no Nai Kuni (Nights of Azure) I'm sure you can enjoy this one to some degree as well.
Sounds to me like I made a good choice not to preorder this then. XP

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 07:53:25 PM »
I played Nights of Azure mostly out of curiosity. It was $12 at a local game shop. I found that game to be extremely subpar, but not necessarily bad. This game peaked my interest a little with some of the music I heard and how bright and pretty the art style is. But, knowing that it is just another subpar Gust KT game I'll probably just pass entirely.

Wild Armor

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 08:30:55 PM »
The music is A M A Z I N G.

However, I just started playing so I have no opinion right now...other than the music is A M A Z I N G.

Yes, I said it twice.

Towns Car Marty

• Certified Dirtbag
  • RPGFan Editor
  • the spookiest driest boy
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2017, 10:23:12 AM »
Review is up. Love too play gamez