Author Topic: Trails of Cold Steel IV

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Trails of Cold Steel IV
« on: December 20, 2017, 09:56:37 AM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/20/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iv-end-saga-announced-ps4/ #obviouslyspoilers

Its not even been six months since they announced Sen III and now they're announcing #4. Though it does look and sound like we might be nearing a culmination with this one.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Lian_Kazairl

• Taskmistress
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Salt Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Trails of Cold Steel IV
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 10:24:41 AM »
Its not even been six months since they announced Sen III and now they're announcing #4. Though it does look and sound like we might be nearing a culmination with this one.

Sen III was announced in December of 2016, so it's been a year actually.

And yes, this will be the final Cold Steel game.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 10:40:06 AM »

Sen III was announced in December of 2016, so it's been a year actually.

And yes, this will be the final Cold Steel game.

Knew I shouldn't have gone with the ToCSIII Thread's Posting Date.

Eh. It doesn't matter anyways since this thread will be abandoned and replaced within the next 2 or 3 months.

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 01:45:34 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzz
no Vita release (of course) so I have to hope they port it (and 3) to steam someday.

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2017, 02:34:34 PM »
Really not gonna get a PS4, then, @Rucks ?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Rucks

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Salvum est Vita!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 02:57:06 PM »
the Switch will probably be the last console I ever buy

I have too many games as it is already

"This goes way beyond pumpkin spice" "Whale oil beef hooked"

Nel_Annette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 11:57:29 PM »
Cool. After starting with a trilogy and then a duology, I'd really be raising an eyebrow if this story arc went into a fifth part.

(I beat the Sky trilogy about a month back and am nearing the end of the first Steel game.)

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 07:12:17 AM »
As awesome as this announcement is, I'm still waiting on the localization announcement for Cold Steel III.  The silence since the game's Japanese release is making me nervous.  I'm desperately hoping NIS America doesn't get the rights to Cold Steel III considering their mishandling of the localisation of Ys VIII.  I might not think it is as awful as some, but I do acknowledge it was mediocre and could've been done far better.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

thetrueelec

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 07:38:44 AM »
Oh hell yeah

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 07:53:41 PM »
As awesome as this announcement is, I'm still waiting on the localization announcement for Cold Steel III.  The silence since the game's Japanese release is making me nervous.  I'm desperately hoping NIS America doesn't get the rights to Cold Steel III considering their mishandling of the localisation of Ys VIII.  I might not think it is as awful as some, but I do acknowledge it was mediocre and could've been done far better.

they have the rights to CS3, sadly. My guess for lack of a release date is that Falcom did not seem to happy for NIS's effort and maybe NIS America might just had to scrap their localization for CS3 and redo that too. Episodic sequels also traditionally decline in sales so if CS3 is an awful localization CS4 will bomb and Falcom needs those NA sales if they want to continue to make console games.

Isjaki

• Kind of An Alchemist
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 10:11:12 PM »

they have the rights to CS3, sadly.

Source? I might cry if this is true. ;(((((

Kevadu

• Some guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2017, 11:23:40 PM »

If it is true they haven't told anyone.  Which does make me wonder how Rook knows it...

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 08:42:48 AM »

they have the rights to CS3, sadly. My guess for lack of a release date is that Falcom did not seem to happy for NIS's effort and maybe NIS America might just had to scrap their localization for CS3 and redo that too. Episodic sequels also traditionally decline in sales so if CS3 is an awful localization CS4 will bomb and Falcom needs those NA sales if they want to continue to make console games.
If that is true, I will pout for a month when it's officially announced.  Here's hoping whatever source you have to lead to this conclusion is wrong.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 09:55:01 PM »

[/quote]

[/quote]

If it is true they haven't told anyone.  Which does make me wonder how Rook knows it...

[/quote]

Eh maybe not (please be not!). I thought I already that NIS America had it but yea the interview I read didn't specifically mention it.

Interview from destroctoid

As many of us know, NIS is publishing Lacrimosa in the West. What led to the break from XSEED?

Actually, NIS America has been approaching us for years now, well before Ys VIII. In their proposal for Ys VIII, we felt a much stronger passion for the game than what we had seen before. We have released many games outside of Japan, but there were several things in their proposal that we had never seen before. For these reasons, we decided to go with them for Ys VIII.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 10:46:37 AM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/25/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iv-will-playable-characters-ever/

More spoilers, but the gist of this is that this one will be the end of the Trails (likely because its going to become too much trouble to keep up with all the ports and remakes if they go any further).