Author Topic: Most anticipated JRPG of 2018?

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Most anticipated JRPG of 2018?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2018, 11:32:16 PM »
Apologies everyone but the real 2018 GotY we should all be waiting for was just announced to have its translation finished.

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/01/10/stop-cyborg-golfers-taking-world-translation-battle-golfer-yui/
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 09:26:21 AM »
o_____o
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2018, 05:35:21 AM »
Fuck the haters. Kingdom Hearts 3. Still super psyched about it.

Also Penny Punching Princess

'Cuz it's called Penny Punching Princess.
Isn't this thread about RPG's coming out in 2018?  Kingdom Hearts III is vaporware.  I don't even think it has an announced date.

As for me, my most anticipated title for this year is Ni No Kuni.  If it comes out this year, Dragon Quest XI will be second on my list.  It can be bumped to third if Cold Steel III gets announced for this year.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Towns Car Marty

• i'm sorry in advance
  • RPGFan Editor
  • RPGFan's Resident Dirtbag
    • View Profile
    • MisanthroPop
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 08:30:54 AM »
To be fair, the last KH3 trailer did end with a 2018 release window. Whether they keep to it remains to be seen, but they are aiming for it.
how's my posting? call 1-800-pee-pee-poo-poo

mooserocka

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2018, 11:45:17 PM »
Im waiting for the strange journey remake : D

The Legendary Zoltan

• Narcissistic Legend
    • View Profile
    • Turn Based Memories
It's Dragon Quest XI yo!
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2018, 01:57:05 AM »
It's Dragon Quest XI yo! But I already know that it's great because I've been playing the Japanese version. That game is VERY hard up to beat Dragon Quest VIII, but so far it has not disappointed and it could be a contender. I'll judge it once I've finished the game and then I'll rejudge it when it comes out in English, which will likely be the superior version. GOD I hope they orchestrate the soundtrack because keyboards really drag down the experience of Kouichi Sugiyama's classical style.
Click HERE for the ONLY JRPG podcast that has an original format.

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2018, 02:48:52 AM »
It's Dragon Quest XI yo! But I already know that it's great because I've been playing the Japanese version. That game is VERY hard up to beat Dragon Quest VIII, but so far it has not disappointed and it could be a contender. I'll judge it once I've finished the game and then I'll rejudge it when it comes out in English, which will likely be the superior version. GOD I hope they orchestrate the soundtrack because keyboards really drag down the experience of Kouichi Sugiyama's classical style.

I'm anticipating it somewhat less now that someone randomly dropped some major plot spoilers on me yesterday.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2018, 09:05:05 AM »

I'm anticipating it somewhat less now that someone randomly dropped some major plot spoilers on me yesterday.

As in now that you know some plot secrets you're less excited?  Or as in you don't much like what you heard about the story?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2018, 01:25:23 AM »

As in now that you know some plot secrets you're less excited?  Or as in you don't much like what you heard about the story?

Strictly the former. It does a thing that I used to like a lot (emphasis on 'used to'), but it depends on execution more than anything, and I haven't heard the specifics yet.

Also, congrats on your 3k post.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2018, 10:16:04 AM »
I think I know the exact spoiler you're talking about.

And thank you!  I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out.  I'm catching up to you!  (no I'm not)

The Legendary Zoltan

• Narcissistic Legend
    • View Profile
    • Turn Based Memories
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 07:16:31 AM »
Thank you for not spoiling it here. I don't think I know what thing you're talking about and I would like to be surprised when it happens.
Click HERE for the ONLY JRPG podcast that has an original format.

mooserocka

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 11:48:22 PM »
has to be dragon quest 18 right?

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2018, 11:35:32 AM »

Voxmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2018, 02:19:48 PM »
For me it'd be DQ11 and Metal Max Xeno. I'd say Octopath too if it wasn't a Switch exclusive.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2018, 04:10:14 PM »
I'd say Octopath too if it wasn't a Switch exclusive.

Amen... T____T