Author Topic: Fire Emblem: [s]Tree[/s] Three Houses

Ranadiel

• View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: [s]Tree[/s] Three Houses
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2019, 06:36:47 AM »
Anyone else think this plot is set up for a mid-game time skip?
I've certainly gotten the impression that the school is a "set up" phase and there will be a portion of the game set during an actual war. Only time will tell how long that skip is though.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2019, 07:16:45 AM »
I think 'Time Skip' is the wrong phrase in this case. Like, FE4's 'Time Skip' is the 15 year gap between generations, but nobody refers to the passage of time that occurs during each generation as a 'Time Skip' (FE4 prologue starts in the setting's year of 757 and runs to 761 while Gen 2 stretches on from 776 to 780, that's an accumulation of 8 in-game years).

And with images like the following

showing Edelgard in even fancier duds than

here where she studies and aces her test on how to Brigand. Additionally,

neither she nor Ferdinand or Byleth look significantly older/more different despite all of them appearing in more advanced classwear. So while I can definitely see time passing over the course of the game, I haven't seen anything in particular would qualify as a proper 'Time Skip.' (Old Belmont and Valkyrie seem to be throwing down in the distant past more than anything ala Arni and his Way, The 12 Crusaders, Harmut and his band of Elibe Prf carriers, Grado and his band of Magvel Prf carriers, Altina and her Furry Friends or Marth, Tiki and all the rest.)
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2019, 06:38:21 AM »
If there is going to be a proper time skip, I don't think that they would be showcasing that this early (or at all pre-release?). So the images that currently exist aren't going to be evidence for or against a particularly length of a time skip. Well unless there is a screenshot with a caption of "Final map, exactly as in game!" :P

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2019, 07:07:36 AM »
I suppose its less of any evidence showing the presence of a time skip or lack there of, and more of a concern that they would basically repeat their missteps with regards to over reaching on the story's scope. See also: Fates' complete inability to handle two separate factions and two generations at the same time. Compared to that, we're already looking at 3 separate factions in the 3H Club. Throwing a time skip in there would likely require significant levels of bullshit to keep the Hogwarts gimmick running throughout the game.

Ranadiel

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2019, 06:09:18 AM »
I suppose its less of any evidence showing the presence of a time skip or lack there of, and more of a concern that they would basically repeat their missteps with regards to over reaching on the story's scope. See also: Fates' complete inability to handle two separate factions and two generations at the same time. Compared to that, we're already looking at 3 separate factions in the 3H Club. Throwing a time skip in there would likely require significant levels of bullshit to keep the Hogwarts gimmick running throughout the game.
If they throw in a time skip, I'm expecting the Hogwarts gimmick to be only in the first portion. I mean the game is called three houses not Hogwarts Edition. :P

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2019, 08:33:27 AM »
in b4 the game lasts several years, a war breaks out but they still take the time to go to school in between battles

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2019, 08:38:28 AM »
If they throw in a time skip, I'm expecting the Hogwarts gimmick to be only in the first portion. I mean the game is called three houses not Hogwarts Edition. :P

I was thinking this too, but considering the "school" theme is tied to the growth/class mechanics it's understandable that Aeolus would draw a different conclusion.

I think we might lose the school setting, but not the school mechanics.  Perhaps have something like an Encampment or whatever instead of Faux-gwarts.

Hathen's prediction is quite possible, too. :P
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2019, 01:46:20 PM »
I guess this whole discussion was a stealth attempt at suggesting that at some point, star student of Byleth's Class Seven, one of Edgelord/Upside-down Claude/Blonde Rean Schwartz, will go on to teach their own Class, with Blackjack and Hookers (and possibly fewer undercover Witches).

I'll inform you when I spot any Ashen Ritters.