Author Topic: Metal Max Xeno announced for the west.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Metal Max Xeno announced for the west.
« on: April 12, 2018, 07:17:55 PM »
https://gematsu.com/2018/04/metal-max-xeno-coming-west-ps4-fall

I never thought I'd see the day. Not going to preorder though since NISA's handling the localization.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Metal Max Xeno announced for the west.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 02:08:33 AM »
Been super stoked for this since it was announced. Glad to finally see another entry in the west.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 01:53:42 PM »
Eagerly awaiting the option to live a quiet life as a mechanic and watch the credits roll at the beginning.

TASTY!

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 02:20:31 PM »
Is this at all related to Metal Saga? *clueless*
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 07:17:53 PM »
Is this at all related to Metal Saga? *clueless*

Metal Saga is a part of the Metal Max series, and has thus far been the only representation of the series outside of Japan.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 10:43:14 PM »
I read that the story has Japanese audio.  Pass.  If I can't have English voice acting, I want none at all.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 12:03:18 PM »
I read that the story has Japanese audio.  Pass.  If I can't have English voice acting, I want none at all.

You could probably turn the Voice volume slider all the way down, surely?
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2018, 10:43:14 AM »
Probably.  To be honest, part of the reason I am passing on the game is because it's a half assed effort.  If you aren't going to bother with adding English voice acting and doing a barebones localization, why should I invest my time and money in this game.  It's clear someone at NISA decided this game isn't worth doing a proper and complete localization, so why should I play this game?

I should note that I am Setsuna didn't also didn't have its voiced dialogue redone in English.  While this was annoying, it was insignificant in terms of content.  It was literally just battle voices, so that isn't much of an issue.  However, according to a clip of the game's cut scenes I found on Youtube, there is a considerable amount of voice acting that NISA isn't redoing.  This seriously pisses me off as in this day and age, this amounts to half a job.  Fuck them!

If this game ends up in the bargain bin, I still won't touch it.  The only way I would ever consider playing this game is if it becomes a monthly freebie to Playstation Plus members. 

One last thing, in spite of all my complaints about it, I don't have a problem with including the original Japanese audio so long as English voice work is also present.  I know a lot of fans prefer listening to the original language so making the original dialogue available makes sense.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 01:14:43 PM by MonCapitan2002 »

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2018, 01:55:06 PM »
^That's your perogative, but I would like to remind you that we aren't exactly talking about a well-known game series here, and one we're really lucky they're even considering to release outside of Japan - not because of a lack of quality, but because publishers these days tend to play it safe and would rather focus on well-known, established brands when possible. Even NISA had been focusing a little hard on Disgaea for a while, and I'm sure Ys VIII must've been an expensive license, so I'm surprised they're bothering to branch out so soon like this. But as a fan of Mad Max and Metal Max...I'd at least like you to keep in mind that game publishing is still a business, and sometimes they're going to make decisions that have nothing to do with the actual quality of the game in question.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2018, 09:30:41 AM »
I'm conflicted, since I think obscure franchises need support, but I also totally agree with people boycotting NISA.