Author Topic: Octopath Traveler

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Octopath Traveler
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 11:20:11 PM »
Another day, another chapter.

Cleared Ophilia's Chapter 2 twice (once to advance the story and again to see all the party skits; although I still need to see Alfin's take).

You can play the chapters more than once?

Nope. I have two save files running (accidentally, but then I heard about the skits thing and since I can't delete spare save files, might as well use it). The first file is for advancing the game/plot. While the remaining file is set up prior to me starting a Chapter 2/3 plot in order to see the extra party convos (without having to go onto Youtube). I'm also posting the order of skits since everybody has something to chime in upon and maybe recommend a party to fight the boss with for post boss skits (since the scenes happen immediately following the boss).

For instance: Cyrus' and Tressa's chapter 2s have their skits in the following orders respectfully (equal signs mean that their skits happen at the same time):

Ophilia > Primrose > Tressa > Therion > Boss > H'aanit = Alfyn > Olberic

H'aanit > Cyrus > Primrose = Ophilia > Olberic = Therion > Boss > Alfyn

You'll want to bring H'aanit and Alfyn with you when you fight Cyrus' boss and only Alfyn needs to be present for Tressa's C2 boss fight.

Or you can just skip all of this and just look it up on Youtube.

Other things of interest:

Gave Tressa a Cloak and Dagger and Olberic some skins.

:vibratingTressaIntensifies.gif:

Beat up a giant bird.

There's absolutely no penalty for failing Cyrus' cross examination (not even a coffee mug to the face).

Likewise Sherlock Nerd ended up stepping into
Spoiler: show
an episode of Fullmetal Alchemist.

There's a sewer level in these thar hills. Mrgrgr...

Come to think of it, that's kinda unfortunate for Riverland.

Olberic gives no fucks for plot mandated obvious tails, but Cyrus vetoes with a plan of his own (i.e. let the plot happen and see what results).

Allies can sometimes give you items at the bar.

If you're ever asked to place a bet on a 2 star Sword guy weak to Spears versus an 8 star Spear guy not weak to Swords, always bet on the Sword.

Victors' Hollow could be renamed to Phat Loot Hollow.

"I Olberic, shall knock you all down!" (proceeds to lay waste to everyone in Victors' Hollow)
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Agent D.

• Agent Bewear.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2018, 01:17:24 PM »
Olberic is the GOAT. This dude fucking decimates everything. I'm about to make everyone else a warrior so they can pale in comparison to the greatness of the unbending blade....except Prim. She's too lovely.

TASTY!

Starmongoose

• Forum Moderator
  • Contributing Editor
  • I Mean Bismuth
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2018, 03:11:54 PM »
You can only have 1 person sub classing each job, so you'll only have a max of 2 Warriors. Olberic + whoever you sub class into Warrior.

Penguin Boss Demands You Join Our Discord!

CLICK HERE TO BE TAKEN TO THE RPGFAN DISCORD

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2018, 08:47:27 PM »
I am waiting for it to be released on either the PS4 or PC.  I won't be buying a Switch just for this game no matter how appealing it is.

It's a Nintendo-published game so you'll be waiting a long time
Damn.  I thought Square Enix published the game.  I guess that means I'll have to wait until the next hardware revision of the Switch.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2018, 09:34:09 PM »
Olberic is the GOAT. This dude fucking decimates everything. I'm about to make everyone else a warrior so they can pale in comparison to the greatness of the unbending blade....except Prim. She's too lovely.

Olberic with Hunter subclass is fucking amazing. He and Cyrus got me through Tressa's Chapter 3 despite only being half way through the Chapter 2s.

Meanwhile progress has been progressing as now I have Olberic's Chapter 2 and Tressa's Chapter 3 done.

The orders of events are as follows:

Cyrus > Primrose > Tressa > H'aanit > Ophilia > Boss > Alfyn > Therion

No double-ups for Olberic's C2, but you do have to back out from the dialogue box asking if you're ready to advance to the arena to trigger Tressa's.

Ophilia > Therion > H'aanit > Olberic = Cyrus > Boss > Primrose = Alfyn

At least Alfyn's probably one of your best allies for the boss of the chapter, given his ability to cure status effects en masse.

Things of interest:

Dancing can turn fodder into Caits and Cultured Caits.

Granport should be renamed to Phat Loot Port.

Dancer's Retaliate ability can activate on each hit of a multi-hit attack.

:vibratingTressaMotherofCommunism.gif:

Tier 1 Hire is amazing for buffing the party's Physical Defense.

Properly outfitted Ophilia is a motherfucking wall.

Likewise the SP restore on her nigh bottomless SP pool results in effectively unlimited SP for her.

Alfyn makes for a great Warrior.

Same for Primrose as a Scholar.

You can fast travel simply by opening up the World Map and selecting the town you want to go to (provided the usual visitation corollary).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.