Author Topic: Langrisser 1 and 2 remakes for PS4 and Switch

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Langrisser 1 and 2 remakes for PS4 and Switch
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »
I disagree as I think they did a good job with the Danganronpa games.  I might pick this up as I think the Limited Edition version of the game looks appealing with all the soundtrack CD's.  Having never played the originals, this would be a new experience for me, which is a plus.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Jimmy

• Wakens the Ferine Strain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2019, 03:35:03 AM »
Coming into this conversation a little late, but I'm super excited for the NA release. I've been playing the Langrisser mobile game daily since a few days after launch, and I enjoyed the "demakes" of Langrisser 1 and 2 you can play through it, so I'm really excited for the full games. Does anyone know if the feature to switch to the original character art will be included in the NA release? I frankly don't care for the artwork by the Ar Tonelico character designer and much prefer the character designs in the mobile game.

Also, soundtrack CDs would be a great addition. Some of the music on the mobile game is garbage, but a lot of the music is quite good. I've watched some of the gameplay footage for Langrisser 1 and 2 and recognize a lot of the music, so I guess that means the mobile game's good music is from the originals.

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2019, 03:43:07 AM »
Currently there's been no news of whether the original Urushihara art will be available in our version of the game. However, I did notice that the preorder collector's edition has a soundtrack that has the Urushihara art on it, so I have to imagine they got the rights for it or something?

As I understand it the Japanese version only had the original art in their collector's edition (a very odd way to go about it IMO), but how/if we'll get it is still up in the air.