Author Topic: Langrisser 1 and 2 remakes for PS4 and Switch

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
Re: Langrisser 1 and 2 remakes for PS4 and Switch
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2018, 02:00:44 AM »
http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/01/langrisser-i-iis-original-characters-by-satoshi-urushihara-compared-to-modern-new-looks/

Bumping this for a more in-depth side by side comparison of the principle cast.

Poor Leon got the worst of the redesigns (he now looks like a kid borrowing his dad's armor), lmao at Urushihara's version of Betty and her armor piercing anatomy (and how its a far cry better than Nagi's verion), and thankfully Nagi looks to have more or less glossed over the bulk of the older male cast (Volkoff seems to have gotten the worst of it there) and Hein.

Otherwise its still the 90% pauldron size reduction, on top of reduced armor/clothing, and rearranged male BMI/female measurements.

Hopefully, Sony's recent policy enforcement policy doesn't kibosh our chances of seeing this outside of Japan.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Mickeymac92

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2018, 03:53:14 AM »
What a coincidence, my copy of Der Langrisser just arrived...I'm still not fond of the new designs (I'm not a fan of Nagi's character art in general. I like his mechanical designs in games like Ar Tonelico, though), but I still might get the Switch version if it ever comes out in North America, and doesn't screw up the mechanics. I like this series a lot, it just hasn't been treated well lately...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 03:54:50 AM by Mickeymac92 »

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2018, 08:18:26 PM »
I am amused and amazed that every single female character who has been redesigned has less clothing.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP

Hathen

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 12:29:15 PM »
I'd actually say the cheesecake level was about the same, except when you get to Lushiris which is fucking hilarious given her role.

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 06:58:06 AM »
I'd actually say the cheesecake level was about the same, except when you get to Lushiris which is fucking hilarious given her role.

I'd say that Jessica is showing off a whole lot more as well (though not as much as in her Tensei Tensei appearance), which is also utterly hilarious given her own role (pun intended).

Although I will argue that Imelda definitely has more added to her (probably to help hold up all that silicone Nagi injected into her character design).
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

daved

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2018, 03:10:51 PM »
I'm a Growlanser fan but have never played Warsong / Langrisser.  Too bad it seems like everyone says the 3DS installment is no good.

Arvis

• Prudish Gerontophobe
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Computer Over. Virus = Very Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2018, 11:20:27 AM »
It looks like Betty and Cherie's designs actually got better, which is amazing.  But as expected, the rest of the female cast just got worse.
"You know, you're pretty cool too, Arvis.  You like good music, good games, and good tennis." - Divingfalcons