Author Topic: The Last Remnant will not be sold anymore either digitally or physically

RPG-Man

• That Guy
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Remnant will not be sold anymore either digitally or physically
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 10:44:27 AM »
@Aeolus They did announce that there will be a live stream with the remaster director on the 22/9,  so am looking forward to seeing what they changed and added, because if they removed the game from PC just to port it to the PS4 without any changes except for scaled up graphics, just so they can make people pay for it on the PS4, then this will be the last stroke for me with SE, they were already on thin Ice with me, but if it turns out they pulled such a shitty move just to fuck over fans, then  I'll be done with them for good.

@Annubis What bad design choices ? I mean the game isn't perfect, but it's way better than anything SE have released over the last 10 years, especially Final Fantasy wise.

@Limlight I like it, hell I love it, play the game all the way through once every year at least, but I won't support them one bit if it turns out that this is just a shitty greedy money making move that doesn't actually change or add anything to the game other than graphics, which the old graphics are still good enough to this day might I add.

NPC: There's nothing wrong with drinking! And so what if my liver gives out? I always have a spare!

Nal: Uh...are you thinking about kidneys ?

NPC: Oh, yeah..Well, I guess I'm screwed. - Lunar: Silver Story

Aeolus

• This is the Monado's Powerbomb!
  • Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 12:49:32 PM »
@Aeolus They did announce that there will be a live stream with the remaster director on the 22/9,  so am looking forward to seeing what they changed and added, because if they removed the game from PC just to port it to the PS4 without any changes except for scaled up graphics, just so they can make people pay for it on the PS4, then this will be the last stroke for me with SE, they were already on thin Ice with me, but if it turns out they pulled such a shitty move just to fuck over fans, then  I'll be done with them for good.

If its anything like the SoM livestream, its going to be a couple of generic questions about the making of the game back when, a discussion on the effort that's being put into Unity for the remake, some musical interludes featuring music from the game in question, and a punchable plushie that "spoiler alert" gets punched.
In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.

Annubis

• ee yan~☆
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 08:35:16 PM »
Some screenshots have come out and comparing the PS4 version to the old PC version... the PC version actually looks better.
The lighting in the new version seems awful.

RPG-Man

• That Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 10:18:59 PM »
@Aeolus  Don't worry, according to this interview with the dirctor ( http://www.siliconera.com/2018/09/11/the-last-remnant-directors-talk-inspirations-behind-the-original-and-remaster/ ), it's not even that good, it's exactly the PC version but with better graphics, and lol "more save slots", mind you the PC version already has 50 slots hahahahaha....hahah...hah....Fuck You SE!, why the hell did you take down the PC version if the PS4 is gonna be the same exact shit, I hope it blows up in your face and no ones buys it.

@Annubis I agree with you, not about the looking awful, but it certainly doesn't look better than the PC version to me.
NPC: There's nothing wrong with drinking! And so what if my liver gives out? I always have a spare!

Nal: Uh...are you thinking about kidneys ?

NPC: Oh, yeah..Well, I guess I'm screwed. - Lunar: Silver Story