Author Topic: FF7 Remake  (Read 1271 times)

Pcmaker

• View Profile
FF7 Remake
« on: April 07, 2020, 02:15:12 PM »
Anyone?
I was trying to invite you, but you weren't online. I'll add you if you and me are both on at the same time. You can also ask anyone in the guild for an invite just type /who sparky and you'll get a list of the guild members that are online, you can ask one of them for an invite :D

zach

• View Profile
Re: FF7 Remake
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2020, 03:24:38 AM »
FFVII remake is like the Kingdom Hearts team decided to remake the original and extends storybeats as long as possible and adds all kinds of extra fluff that doesn't really make much sense and asks the FFXV team to make the sidequests and the FFXIII team to make the dungeons/corridors. The source material is so strong that is shines through to all the extra fluff (it ranges from pretty bad to decent).

Things I like: the subtle music, dialogue and graphics, Midgar at night. The battle system is not completely action-based, but you can fully control or give tasks to teammates. For the most part there is a flow in the game that makes it enjoyable to play.
Things I don't like: The out of place NPC's, Not able to talk to most NPC's, Text of NPC's appear on the screen when you pass them by instead of starting the conversation, too much light in midgar, the extra KH-fluff added in the game, the sidequests, the unnecessary forced slow-walk parts, the world of midgar doesn't really come to live, the action battle system, boss battles that seems to last forever, added gameplay segments/story segments that drags the game down instead of elevating it, I miss the exploration.

In conclusion: It is a modern Square-Enix game through and through, but it is one of the better FF's since XII, mainly because of the strong source material. It is an enjoyable remake, but not without its flaws. Don't throw away your copy of the original!

« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 03:27:42 AM by zach »

Rook

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2020, 11:11:46 AM »
Played Chapter 1, enjoyed it, didn't die on the 1st boss but it kinda kicked my butt. Game is going to be a bit difficult

Sharecrow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2020, 10:28:57 AM »
Iím interested but am actually putting off getting to it.  Iím playing FFVI off-and-on right now for one thing.  As well as FFXV.  And three FF games at once seems a bit much to me...

Iím glad they did a remaster though as it can introduce the game to new and different fans after so many years.

MonCapitan2002

• RPGFan Survey Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2020, 05:01:47 PM »
This game is more like a reboot than a remaster.  Some of the story beats have been modified and the Midgar section has been greatly expanded.  My favorite part of the game thus far has been the extensive world building that went into expanding Midgar into a more fleshed out location.  Personally, so far I like the changes, though I haven't finished the game.

Under no circumstances should Quentin Tarantino be allowed to befoul Star Trek.
In Memoriam:  Star Trek 1966 - 2017 RIP