Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 21, 2014, 06:11:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329357 Posts in 13491 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Bands You Think Need A New Singer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bands You Think Need A New Singer  (Read 2249 times)
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2006, 06:26:22 PM »

Do you think any bands need to replace their current singer with a new one or do they even have one at all? I think Lost Horizon needs a vocalist really badly so they can add vocals to the material they're writing.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:14:21 AM »

Coheed and Cambria :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 11:37:35 AM »

Audioslave.

I think Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam should take over and make AS his side project. That would rock.....maybe.

I just really hate Chris Cornell, he's trying to be this awesome metal singer and just falls short.

Zach de la Rocha for life.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Sazabirules

xTheRedCometx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 05:20:07 PM »

Quote from: "Degolas"
Coheed and Cambria :P

I forgot about C&C. The only thing I dislike about them is Claudio's voice.
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 06:31:10 PM »

Quote from: "Dade the Ass McLaren"
Audioslave.

I think Eddie Vedder from Pearl Jam should take over and make AS his side project. That would rock.....maybe.

I just really hate Chris Cornell, he's trying to be this awesome metal singer and just falls short.

Zach de la Rocha for life.

I actually prefer Cornell's voice to Vedder. I never thought Chris was ever trying to be anything other than a powerful voice. He doesn't really strike me as a showman, I mean, the guy's a zombie on stage. And he looks like one, too. :P

I can't really think of anyone who really needs a new singer. I'll get back to you on that one.
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 08:05:34 PM »

I would love Shadows Fall and Trivium were it not for their singers.  Brian Fair of Shadow's Fall has a voice that's too "hardcore" for my tastes.  Matt Heafy of Trivium's clean vocals are wussy and his dirty vocals are of the metalcore/emocore variety.  

There are many songs that I thought were/would be awesome, were it not for the horrendous vocals, whether it be needless shrieking, monotonality, or just general crappiness.  There are also many bands in the past I've said would be better off instrumental without the insipid vocalists and their insipid lyrics.  

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but rest assured I'll have more for you.

EDIT: Mastodon comes to mind.  Their music is so dynamic with such killer riffing that Troy Sanders completely kills it with his crappy ass vocals.  His growling is monotone & boring and his clean vocals (which he attempted on Leviathan were godawful) and isn't dynamic enough to complement Mastodon's music.  Their lyrics are so sparse anyway that they don't even need a vocalist.  Either they get a more dynamic vocalist or go full on instrumental (I'd prefer the latter.)  If it weren't for the horrendous vocals, I'd totally love Mastodon too.

EDIT 2:  I absolutely hate the voice of Justin Hawkins of The Darkness with a seething passion.  The band are great musicians whose music is fun, but the vocals are so annoying and atrocious that I hate the band.  If the band were instrumental or had a singer who could actually sing and didn't write insipid drivel for lyrics, the band would actually be good.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 02:04:35 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2006, 03:51:25 PM »

Agreed. It's like the Darkness' lead singer is failing at a Freddie Mercury impression. There's a line between "wow, he had pipes" and "wow, I want to beat him with a pipe".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: