Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 01:33:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335315 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria  (Read 2462 times)
Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2007, 12:02:12 PM »

Soo.. this game is set for a European release soonish. Valkyrie Profile is a title that been named over and over again by you guys since I first registered here (ugh... 5 years ago? time moves way too fast..). Unfortunately I've never managed to get a hold of a copy, so figured I'd buy VP2 ^^ But I can't go making such big decisions without asking you ppl, right? :p
So what do you guys think? Should I go buy it?

If it makes it easier some of my "recent" RPG-favorites are Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Suikoden V, Final Fantasy VII, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness etc.

(Think this is my first post in about a year btw.. eep!! EDIT: Haha, seems I didn't post at all since we all had to re-register..)

Be awesome instead.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 04:03:18 PM »

It's awesome!Buy it! You could also read the review on this site for it.

The reviews were mostly positive. Some gripes were that they don't go into the backstory of the Einjharier. I didn't find this a big deal. You can read the little backstory about them in the status screens anyways. Gettings skills can be annoying because you need certain equipment colors and types to make skills.

I can't think of much I don't like about it. Some cheesy voice acting. Some of the Einjharier have the same voice sets. So-yeah, buy it!

"Oh, a hunter..."
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 04:36:09 PM »

haaaaaaaaaaaaAARRRRGGGGHHHHHlequin

Welcome back, duder.

While I haven't gotten Silmeria yet, I will be getting it soon, but...  Importing it.  As I won't be able to play the Euro version when I get back to Canada.  :P

Anyway, I am so in love with the original VP that I NEED to own the second one.  VP is in the same pile of games as Shining Force, Phantasy Star, and Zelda for me.  Plus Silmeria has a great design herself and that helps.

I hope you're still writing music as well, pal!  :P

Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 05:38:49 PM »

Quote from: "Fadedsun"
It's awesome!Buy it! You could also read the review on this site for it.

Yeah I did read the review ^^ There was only one though, so thought I'd ask some more people.. hehe..
Well, awesome games need to be bought :) Gonna go pre-order then.

Quote from: "Losfer"
Welcome back, duder. I hope you're still writing music as well, pal! :P

Thanks, good to be back ^^ And yeah, I write some now and again.. I have to admit that these bloody law studies is taking up most my time though.. And uhm.. WoW ofc :P
Trying to find my way back to metal and console RPGs though. Hopefully this game and FFXII will do it for me ;)

EDIT: Oh btw, thanks to whoever changed the title for me from "Silmera" to "Silmeria". Caught it too late and couldn't edit my post again, hehe..

Be awesome instead.
Robert Boyd

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 08:39:10 PM »

I've been eying this game as well, however I'd like to wait until it goes down in price some.  In the meantime, I think I might pick up some of the cheaper RPGs I've missed like Wild Arms: Alter Code F & Xenosaga Episode 3.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 11:15:38 PM »

Valkyrie Profile 2 is fucking fantastic.  Just don't go in expecting a carbon clone of the original, because you ain't gonna get it.

EDIT:  And now that my eyes work, I see you haven't played the first.  Even better; you've got no expectations to shatter. :P

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 02:33:52 AM »

valkyrie profile is one of those games thats made artificially hard if you dont understand the mechanics correctly. even understanding the mechanics it has one of the hardest last bosses ever. i highly recommend getting toughness and first aid asap. i also reccomend removing Alicia from your party asap.... shes an ok character but god do i hate her with a passion.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Crown Clown

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2007, 03:57:24 PM »

I highly recommend VP:2 as well. It has some issues that I felt crippled the game a bit, like the lack of a good storyline(some people call it "epic", but in my book, it was pretty standard).

But the pros of the game totally out weighs the cons. My absolute favorite part of the game is the combat system which I hold to be the best system I have ever slaughtered demons and monsters in. It's rare for me to find a game where I simply enjoy leveling my characters and learning the best ways to win. It mixes a good dose of strategy, timing and just common know-how and manages to stay fresh the entire time. Not once did I feel forced to engage in battle. The graphics are to die for, and it has a unique style that I would love to see more of in the future.

I will find you. Without fail.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 12:57:52 AM »

as far as the story goes you might of needed to play the first game and gotten the good ending to appreciate it. dont get me wrong its no xenosaga but theres plenty there to fuel theorycraft and speculation

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 10:31:19 PM »

I hate to bring up a dead topic.

But with the high recommendations of the gae on here...I went out and bought the game (still full price, boo hoo).

Yeah, fuck, its rocks.  Its been almost a year where a game has actually had me keep playing.  About friggin' time too.
I love the characters, the graphics, the mechanics, and everything.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 07:34:46 AM »

What the fuck...

I just got an e-mail from the store I pre-ordered from saying the game is not set for a European release anymore and that my order has been cancelled >.< Can anyone please uncomfirm this?
I'm so pissed right now.. grml.. Was really looking forward to this one,  even more so after reading your replies here.

Be awesome instead.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 09:56:52 AM »

Quote from: "Harlequin"
What the fuck...

I just got an e-mail from the store I pre-ordered from saying the game is not set for a European release anymore and that my order has been cancelled >.< Can anyone please uncomfirm this?
I'm so pissed right now.. grml.. Was really looking forward to this one,  even more so after reading your replies here.

A European PS2 can't play a US game?

Hm. Maybe if you got something like swapmagic you might be able to play it. That's what I use to play import games. I've never tried it with European versions of games though.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 11:38:49 AM »

Yeah I'd have to modify my PS2 with some sort of chip to be able to play NTSC games.. something that won't happen >.<

If I could play US games on my PS2 I would have no problems at all with having to import the game. Unfortunately that's not the case though.. so let's send a huge fuck you the idiot(s) who came up with the brilliant idea that you shouldn't be able to play games from other countries..

EDIT: Oh, also forgot to mention that I'm gonna have to get a new TV (screw you, European 50Hz crap!) if I do modify my PS2 and import the game... happy days :(

Be awesome instead.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: