Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2016, 08:09:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
246629 Posts in 7384 Topics by 2383 Members
Latest Member: xxkinsmanxx
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Replaying RPGs?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Replaying RPGs?  (Read 18650 times)
Pmayo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2012, 02:18:46 PM »

I really should have replayed Nier for the second ending. I loved the game, and I hear it only gets better on the second play through, but for some reason or another, before I had a chance, I lost my save file. Now I need to wait awhile before I feel like playing it twice over.

Rumors about my snacks are false. They are not so hot you die of coughing
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2012, 09:19:15 PM »

I really should have replayed Nier for the second ending. I loved the game, and I hear it only gets better on the second play through, but for some reason or another, before I had a chance, I lost my save file. Now I need to wait awhile before I feel like playing it twice over.

That's okay, it seems like everybody loses their save files sooner or later.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2012, 09:26:26 PM »

I'm always replaying old games.  I don't spend $50 on something I'm not gonna use repeatedly.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »

I do, though! I rarely if ever replay games, let alone 50+ hour games. Tales games are the only non-Pokemon RPGs I've ever replayed...and maybe FF4.

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
I Draw Stuff Sometimes
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2012, 10:11:01 PM »

Mass Effect 1...I've beat that game at least 13 times. Twice on the PC, all the achievement finishes for two separate xbox live profiles which is like eight each, and 3 more for different choice lines for ME2. And I've only beat ME2 four times and ME3 once...depending on the extended cut of ME3 I will play it more.

Chrono Trigger/Cross, Final Fantasy 9, Divinity 2 Dragon Knight Saga, Radiant Historia and Zelda (all) are on my list of multiple finishes. Putting them on a list makes me want to revisit more of them but there are just too many good games right now that going back is almost a waste of time.
Champlooz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2012, 10:52:49 AM »

I rarely replay RPGs and never do so right after I finished them. The only RPGs I ever replayed are the SNES and PS1 ones because of nostaliga, but I have a hard time finishing them then because I lose interest after some time and I know the end anyway.
Maxximum
RPGFan Editor

Fills you with determiantion

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2012, 11:32:33 AM »

I think the only RPG I've beaten multiple times was Suikoden 1. Its easily one of my favourite jRPGs as well as being relatively short. I do have a tendency of restarting a game multiple times after putting it down for too long, but I assume that doesn't count.

NOW PLAYING:
I can't tell you
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2012, 11:14:37 PM »

Catherine and Nier are the only two I've played through more than once. One problem is I have so many games in my backlog I wanna start something new no matter how good the game was the first time.

Everything's Eventual
Klyde Chroma
LVL. 54 Optional-RPGFan-Character

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2012, 09:00:04 PM »

I typically won't restart an RPG til it is old enough to be new to me again-LoL.... There are SOME exceptions however.... I played through FF6 enough times to literally recall parts of the script verbatim... heck, I could probably draw maps of the dungeons from memory... Most of those play-through's were in my childhood though.

The stuff I replay now is all, as was stated by a few others, in the interest of nostalgia coupled with the fact that some older titles just have no equal in my mind. I did however go through a period of my life where I was so inebriated I can't remember anything of the games I played.... some of those have demanded my attention again over the course of the last 5 years or so since becoming sober.... sad as that may be.

In this world is the destiny of mankind controlled by some transcedental entity or law? is it like the hand of god hovering above? Perhaps Man has no control even over his own will…

PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2012, 09:53:23 PM »

I used to replay RPGs all the time. I've beaten pretty much every SNES RPG I own at least a dozen or so times. With the PS1 I started to cut back a bit. Though, I've still beaten pretty much all my RPGs for it at least twice. Well, except for FFVII, which I would take out once a year to beat up until the end of high school. I think I might have beat it once again while in college too. I don't think I've beaten a single PS2 RPG twice, and my backlog of unbeaten RPGs for the PS2 dwarfs all my previous systems.

I think I'm in the same boat most of the other people here are in: as I grow older, I have more disposable income to spend on games, but less time to actually play them. I only replay RPGs now if I'm in just the right mood. And even then, it's almost always an SNES one that I can blow through most of the content in 8 hours (i.e., a weekend with a modest amount of playtime).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: