Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 07:50:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330116 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Watchmen is being made into a video game....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Watchmen is being made into a video game....  (Read 1279 times)
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 13, 2007, 09:01:50 PM »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3157971

Anyone who has read Alan Moore's masterpiece of a comic will agree with me when I say this, how the hell can you make Watchmen into a game?  I know most people will say point and click adventure game but I highly doubt it.  Man... I wonder what it will be like?  "Play Hooded Justice as you battle level after level of bad guys and come to terms with your homosexuality!" or "Play Rorsachs as you take out the rage from your abusive childhood on criminals!".

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 09:25:25 PM »

God, I felt physical pain while I was reading that.

A rape simulator featuring The Comedian?  Maybe a SimCity-esque Mars construction project featuring Doctor Manhattan?  Ozymandias' workout program done Bemani style?  The possibilities are endless...endlessly horrible. :P

I mean, the only thing that might, and I do mean might, work as a game is something with the Black Freighter.  But that's it, and that isn't even really related.

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 12:52:50 AM »

I'm imagining a boring interactive fiction game with mini-game-esque elements myself. In any case, I suspect it will never come out. Or maybe the entire thing will be based on the pirate comic micro-narrative and play just like Uncharted Waters.
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 10:51:24 AM »

This is one of the saddest things I've ever read online. I bet Alan Moore is vomiting right about now.
Aelph

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 05:24:53 PM »

I'll believe it when I see it. (And then not buy it. If that needed to be said.) If they haven't managed to massacre it in film-form yet...

Halo Jones might make a pretty good game. ;-)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: