Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 09:39:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334629 Posts in 13705 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Warhammer 40k MMO
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Warhammer 40k MMO  (Read 1747 times)
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2007, 12:21:38 PM »

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/01/thq-announces-warhammer-40k-mmo

I know so little about 40k lore, but the little I've gathered makes me think Blizzard ripped off the general look of Terran and Zerg for Starcraft. I hope the game is half as good as people are anticipating it to be.

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 12:52:35 PM »

General conspiracy theories suggest WoW ripped Starcraft and Warcraft from both Warhammer franchises, which in turn ripped off all their stuff from a bazillion other fantasy/sci-fi sources.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
demifiend

eqrunnerguy
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 05:36:57 AM »

Quote from: "Ryos"
General conspiracy theories suggest WoW ripped Starcraft and Warcraft from both Warhammer franchises, which in turn ripped off all their stuff from a bazillion other fantasy/sci-fi sources.

NO THEY DID'NT!!!

Okay, yeah, they really did. But they made it work well as a cohesive formula. Hopefully this 40K MMO will be well-done, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

... You have created a demon of your heart's designs, fallen angel? Then doom shall set us apart... now and forevermore... -YHWH (?), Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Mass Effect (again!), Persona 3, Lost Odyssey
RECENTLY COMPLETED: Mass Effect, The World Ends With You
ANTICIPATING: Dragon Age, White Knight Chronicles, Wrath of the Lich King, Fallout 3
QUEUED: Lost track!
Chimpbot

ChimpbotD piccolo141@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 03:15:46 PM »

Quote from: "Ryos"

While that's true, the stuff featured in 40k was pretty creative and relatively new at the time. Blizzard was more blatant in their "copping" of certain elements for Starcraft than they were in Warcraft, which featured a relatively standard fantasy world.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 11:10:29 AM »

Well regardless of all that, I am very interested in seeing how this will turn out.  The MMO market needs a nice new Sci Fi game, and im hoping this will be it, they have a ton of material to work off of, so heres hoping they dont screw it up.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: