Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:13:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335248 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  Coheed is Emo
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Coheed is Emo  (Read 1432 times)
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2006, 01:37:54 AM »

Yes they are.

COHEED AND CHEESIA IS EMO!

/Flamebait

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 01:45:23 AM »

I loled at the two yes choices, Dadeo.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 01:57:04 AM »

I don't really want to get in on this they are/aren't emo thing, but I'd like to post something Jimmy said:

[19:20:30] <Jimmy> hello out there
[19:21:08] <Jimmy> i'm way late on the whole CoheedIV fun, but i found an interesting bit on iTunes
[19:21:22] <Jimmy> Coheed and Cambria is featured on the "Emo Essentials" collection
[19:22:01] <Jimmy> damn i wish i would have found this before the kid was banned

... Yeah.
Shooichi

rjmoriarty83
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 02:07:59 AM »

Haha! The top "yes" is winning. Viktoly!

At first I thought this thread was referring to our now-gone friend, but at least this is applicable in a discussion sense.

I've only heard a little Coheed and Cambria, but I find it hard to believe that there is any question to their emoness. It's pretty blatant.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 08:20:12 AM »

Coheed does have an emo undertone. I really like them, but they do have emo undertones.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 09:14:42 AM »

Though this topic is one that screams "lockage" I'd rather add something to it, because I'm reminded of a larger issue at hand that many of us have grappled with.  

Love the media until you meet idiotic fans then you hate it.  

Think FF7.  For all intents and purposes, FF7 is a pretty darn good RPG.  Unfortunately, it was the RPG that appealed to the masses and all the "stoopid kIdDiEz" started liking it and thus the exasperating nature of the fans turned many off to an otherwise darn good game.  

I think Coheed and Cambria are a good and solid band, but fans like our pathetic friend CoheedIV are leaving a sour taste in my mouth regarding the band.  Does the band really attract a fanbase like this guy?  The snob in some of us certainly does not want to associate with "one of them" and may thus decide to dislike Coheed, because of some idiot fans.  

Seems pretty silly and superficial, but it's how human nature seems to work in many regards.  

thoughts?

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 11:09:59 AM »

I agree with you Neal. I never really liked Coheed and Cambria as I can't stand their vocals, but this whole incident of a fanboy coming and claiming they are better than Sting is pretty lame. Now I'm completely turned off to the band.

And yea, I did find that interesting bit that Eusis posted XD
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 12:25:38 PM »

The only song I can stand of Coheed's is the Suffering...and that's only cause it's so goddamn catchy.

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
Jimmy

Wakens the Ferine Strain

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2006, 03:37:38 PM »

Funny you should mention that Dade since "The Suffering" is the song that is actually featured on the iTunes Emo Essentials.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006, 03:46:24 PM »

My sister is an emo bitch, and was trying to explain to me how Coheed aren't emo, they're a 'broad concept.'

What was even funnier was that five minutes earlier she was denying that she was pretentious :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2006, 02:45:09 AM »

Coheed and Cambria are better than Sting :( Then again, pretty much everything besides Journey is better than Sting. (Oh, BIZZURN! And technically a DUBBLE BIZZURN on the Journey thing. Yeah. None of y'all brothers got nothin' on me. What the hell am I saying? What does that mean? Why is this internal monologue going on so long? My house smells like mustard and burning and I don't know why).

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2006, 03:06:00 AM »

I hope you trip and fall on a sword.

Oh and for the record....Cambria is so much cooler than Coheed.

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2006, 10:22:04 AM »

What's with people these days and the whole Coheed vs. Sting thing?  Two completely different genres and songwriting styles.  Apples and oranges.  

But for what it's worth, Sting is a living legend.  He's one of the greatest songwriters of our time and a damn good bassist.  His songs are timeless and are still widely played decades later.  Children and their parents alike groove along with Sting.  I hate to say it, but Coheed will NEVER reach that kind of timeless status.  

This is like people saying that "OMG the gittarist in alkaline trio soo much beter tan hendrix! hes sooooo faaaaaassssssttttt!"  Bullshit.  

Whether or not you like Sting or Hendrix is one thing; their sounds really aren't for everyone.  But they're legends, man.  You can't deny their legend status in the realm of modern music.

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Merkava

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2006, 09:30:31 PM »

Quote from: "Shooichi"
Haha! The top "yes" is winning. Viktoly!

At first I thought this thread was referring to our now-gone friend, but at least this is applicable in a discussion sense.

I've only heard a little Coheed and Cambria, but I find it hard to believe that there is any question to their emoness. It's pretty blatant.

Hm, that's wierd. They sound nothing like Rites of Spring or Embrace!

Fuck everyone.

/name-dropping of underground legends who developed a sound that was later raped by whiney, angsty teenagers.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: