Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 10:46:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330163 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  This is one stupid idea....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: This is one stupid idea....  (Read 821 times)
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 04, 2007, 10:23:34 AM »

There's this device out there called a television.  You watch "things" on it.  There are several varieties of these "things".  One of these things is the "sitcom".  Another is the "commercial".

Now sometimes you'll see the two categories collide; the sitcom will flow into the commercial.  I'm sure we all recall Jerry Seinfeld, Jew extraordinare, doing all those credit card commercials back in the day.  But you rarely see the commercial flow into the sitcom, and we're probably better off for it.

Or so it should be, I say...but Geico says fuck that shit, it's time for Hollywood.

At least there's a bit of a silver lining:  it's not that fucking gecko. :P

MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 12:30:44 AM »

While I think the commercials are clever, I can't imagine a sitcom based on these commercials turning out well.  This seems like a very bad idea.  I just don't see how the idea can work in the context of a 22 minute sitcom.  The reason they are so effective is because of their brevity.  I can see the jokes getting very stale very quickly.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: