Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 08:10:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331770 Posts in 13582 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Headphone Suggestions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Headphone Suggestions  (Read 1143 times)
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2007, 04:51:54 PM »

Well, now that I have purchased and received my new Speaker/Headphone Switch, ( http://www.amazon.com/Plantronics-PC-Headset-Speaker-Switch/dp/B000069E1V ) I've decided to purchase a good set of headphones.  I don't care what the brand is, but I'm not looking to spend anymore then 100$ for a nice pair of headphones.  The 50$ range is ideal, but I'm willing to spend more if the quality seems worth it.

Any suggestions?  These headphones will mostly be used to listen to loud rock music and/or deep bass that would normally disturb people's sleeping.

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:07:39 PM »

I've been using a pair of Sennheiser HD595 since last summer, and they're awesome. They're a bit pricier than your limit (I believe I paid the equivalent of $139 for mine, but things are always more expensive here in Sweden so you will probably find them a lot cheaper), but totally worth the money.
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 05:41:13 PM »

Those are nice, but most sites I go to price them anywhere from 150-200$.  Is there a cheaper alternative from the same company?  I want nice headphones, but I don't know if I'll use them enough to warrant 150$.  I may change my mind though, damn my love of electronics.

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 06:01:18 PM »

Hm, maybe the HD205 or HD515 might be a better fit for you, then. Sennheiser headphones are generally very good, so you could pick almost any of them and still have a very nice pair of headphones.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 08:52:21 PM »

I'll echo the Sennheiser love here. I have a pair of HD280Pros, which sound amazing, they run at around $100 these days, is my guess (I bought them for about $130 about 4 years ago). The only problem is that mine are falling appart. But that's partially from constant use. Also the 280Pros have a spiral chord, which can be obnoxious. But they block out external noise like you've never heard, and as I said, they sound amazing. HD280Pros might not be the model for you (those are specifically designed for studio use), but in general, Senn makes a lot of the best.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: